View Single Post
Old
07-18-2007, 07:09 PM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Let me break it down for you....the penalty killing unit will be fine. They will adjust to not having Orts out there flopping around the ice and blocking shots. Someone else will pick up where he left off...GUARANTEED! There have been PLENTY of players TRADED...never mind signed away through FA that wore a Ranger uniform and were better than Ortmeyer...like I said...loved his effort...loved his heart and desire, but he was not critical to this teams success last season...and he is no longer the figurehead needed to motivate the kids in Hartford. Hopefully they all know by now that to make it you have to be willing to give 100% and sacrifice your body on occasion....
i have said the pk will be ok not better but fine. i can't believe that people are not giving him credit for helping transform this team. especially in the 05 06 season. all everybody says is they loved his effort. but they are so quick to forget what he did. yes its been said that he blocks shots, provides energy and hits. but he did more than that. jd said he was a future captain that has to count for something.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote