View Single Post
Old
07-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Sandmachine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
So Burke is still going full-speed ahead with his plan to acquire the most hated players in the league. I'm shocked he didn't sign Niemenen before he went to Europe and hasn't tried to coax Claude Lemieux out of retirement.

I know some of you already know this, but Danny has a little bit of a checkered legal past which has led to him being despised by most fans around the league. I suggest looking into it as well as the rumors of him being a cancer in the Pittsburgh locker room. Let's just say that teams might have to worry about more than just their lunch money now.

He's not Shawn Thornton as Shawn is a much better fighter but Dan is probably considered a better player. As a fan of fighters and fighting, I'm glad the Ducks picked him up because he provides more entertainment value as well as filling the terrible fighter void that has been left in SoCal by Tommy Kantthrowafist.

I never thought he'd see the NHL again and he still might not as he should be in Portland, but it's always nice to see a guy who fights get signed as I whole-heartedly agree with Pepper's trademarked "You can never have too many fighters" stance.

Before anyone gets upset that I brought up his past, you're looking at a guy that cheered on Joe Corvo so I'm all about second chances since, being a Kings fan, I'm obviously all about fortieth chances. I just find it amusing that this team now has Pronger,Bertuzzi and now LaCouture. It's fun being the bad guy and you've all been eating it up;this season should be even more fun as it looks like there will be even more opportunities to have 10 page threads on the main board about how the Ducks are the scourge of the league.
You might be right about Lacouture having been in trouble, but I don't remember. Could you be confusing him with Billy Tibbetts?

Sandmachine is offline   Reply With Quote