View Single Post
Old
07-18-2007, 10:52 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Second of all, using the logic of giving him the chance to excel with Jagr, why shouldn't Prucha be given the same chance? Two years ago, it was Prucha that was exceling with Jagr. And the latter certainly looked no worse for having him on the line with him. Let's recall that Prucha lost that spot not due to his play, but rather becuase Renney inserted a one-armed, utterly ineffective Rucinsky back into the lineup. And, Prucha was never given the chance again. So if we are to trumpet the need to have a guy who is not anywhere near the goal scorer that Prucha is being given the chance to excel, why not the guy who managed to score all those goals in his first two years?
I wouldn't mind giving Prucha another look but did he look that great the first time? Prucha is more of a north/south human pinball puck pressure type. Jagr is more of the east/west puck possession perfect passer type. I like how they work together on the 1st PP unit when they have time and space. I just wish to God Renney would keep that unit together. The 1st line PP is where you'll see Prucha's drop in production. Prucha has exactly 8 less goals in his second year. Prucha coincidentally has 8 less power play goals in his second year. If Prucha can do better than Hossa, of course you put him in but if Hossa can do better than Prucha, you put him in. I also wouldn't mind 4 balanced lines Renney has confidence in putting out there so he doesn't wear Jagr and Shanahan's old bones into the ground by the end of the season.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote