View Single Post
Old
07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
The scouting report on Bourret is that he's very physical and rarely has a shift in which he doesn't throw a big hit. Sounds like Hollweg right? Well guess what, Bourret can actually score.

From hockeysfuture.com: "Beyond his offensive ability, the most dominant aspect of Bourret’s game is his physical play. Rare is the shift that he does not throw a heavy body check. Built like a tank, Bourret hits to hurt – often – but he also does so cleanly. He is willing to get his nose dirty, and stick up for his teammates. He played regularly in all situations in juniors and proved to be a clutch scorer. Regardless of his short (if stocky) stature, Bourret’s lead-by-example style, his grit and natrual talent make him a high-potential prospect."

Prucha Gomez Jagr
Straka Drury Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Bourret

With the departure of Cullen, Dubinsky may be the easiest (and cheapest) solution for the 3rd line center. I'd actually prefer Avery on the 2nd line with Drury and Shanahan, but Straka probably won't be relegated to the 3rd line (if he's even taken off the Jagr line to give Prucha a shot in the first place).

If Bourret's ready to make the jump to the NHL, he makes Hollweg completely useless to this team, and a 4th line of Hossa Betts Bourret is a huge improvement offensively over last year's fourth line of Hollweg Betts and Orr / Ortmeyer. I don't know much about Bourret's defensive zone play. There would surely be a number of teams interested in Hollweg's energetic play. We could probably deal him for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

This is all just food for thought. I'm hoping to not get flamed, just looking for input from anyone who's seen Bourret play, and any feedback regarding our lineup options.
no no no. thats not going to work. Dont you remember the problems he had in LA? he needs to play with a vet. like shanny to keep him out of trouble. we dont want him killing anybody, or getting suspended, do we? we need him to win the cup and the only way that can happen is if he works with shanny. Why do you think they put them on the same line ALL SEASON?

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote