View Single Post
Old
07-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Turambar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
you've been a ranger fan for 20 years congratulations. jed may not put points on the board but besides jagr and henrik the best part of the last two seasons was the penalty kill. ortmeyer always stood out. he provides energy, hits and the heart that the fans loved, except you i guess. we will not see shots blocked like that this year. and what was the reason that we made a second half surge. i will give it to you ortmeyer coming back and avery. whether you like it or not we let one of our best players go.

one of our best players? are you actually being serious?

yes, Ortmeyer had heart, but IMO that's about all he had. a future captain? the guy couldn't score a goal on an empty net from three feet out.

yes, he'll be missed, but off the ice, not on it. Jed on the PK v Drury on the PK, wouldn't you rather have someone on the PK that can net a shorthanded goal every now and again? apparently not. don't you remember the Buffalo series that ended our season? I can still picture Drury on the PK dropping down in front of Miller blocking shots. I remember one instance vividly when he actually made a kick-save, the puck never got to the net.

Jed's 'return' had absolutely nothing to do with the surge. if you truly believe that, I pity you.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote