View Single Post
Old
07-19-2007, 12:52 PM
bleedrngrblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
first and foremost the pk is there to kill penalties. drury will be out there to kill penalties. not score short handed goals. he will probably get some, but if ortmeyer was still on the team do you think he wouldn't be out there because drury will be? yeah jeds awesome effort didn't help at all. you've got to be kidding. everyone puts on extra effort because they see what ortmeyer does. whether its killing penalties, battling for pucks in the corners and laying out some good hits. yeah that has nothing to do with why we played better. you like most people don't give him credit because he is a 3rd or 4th liner. there is more to it than points. you prove my point when you bring up he shouldn't be captain because he cant score a goal. you don't become a captain because you can score, you become a captain because of LEADERSHIP respond to this because no one else has in my other replies: if goal scoring is so important and determines the value of great players and what they mean to a team how come with guys like lindros, bure, fleury, kovalev, leetch, jagr, nedved (30 goal scorer) anson carter (20 - 30 goal scorer) couldn't get us in the playoffs? a lot of these guys played for the rangers all at the same time. it was some of the worst hockey i've seen. don't give me chemistry was bad because that shouldn't matter to you. if they can score thats all that matters to you.
Exactly what LEADERSHIP has Ortmeyer shown. Blocking shots isn't leadership.....missing wide open nets isn't leadership, he didn't lead...he set an example of how to carve out a nice little NHL career on guts and hustle! I give Jed all the credit in the world for that, it takes some guts to get in front of alot of those shots, but you are trying to put him on a level he CLEARLY was never on!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote