View Single Post
Old
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay143 View Post
Even if everything works out well (i.e. Preds attendence above 14k, local ownership, etc.), we need to keep the ball rolling every year. I just hope people will not sit back if the Preds become "safe" again. Maybe we could have a rally ever so often if tickets dip again or to keep them up. If this team can stay for another 10 years we should have a solid franchise and hockey roots. I wish I could attend the rally, but things did not work out as I planned. Good luck everyone and thanks to everyone who has volunteered, supported, etc.!!!
Here's my take. If we get local owners, I think we'll still have roughly the same season ticket base. I think its increased every year, no matter how bad we have been (or good). However, the corporate support has been going in the opposite direction. And hopefully the local ownership group would be able to turn that around. I really think they would know the Nashville market better then Leipold. Plus people might be willing to work with them more since they work in the community.

But in essence I agree. This doesn't need to be a one time 14k thing. We need to make sure that we never get to this point again. And hopefully if the local ownership group does get better inroads, we should have that area covered.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote