View Single Post
Old
07-20-2007, 01:07 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow this was a great day!

I wasn't sure what to expect for the crowd size. I was hoping for at least 5000 but wasn't sure what the turnout would be. Then listening to the radio all day I figured that it would be a big crowd. But 7500 was great. The floor was covered, from the stage to the other end of the floor was packed.

The guys on the 6a-10a show said they were suprised at how many people were there at 6am with checkbooks in hand.

Original goal was 300-500 tickets, but they got 750-800 tickets sold! That's awesome! See, we all knew that there was the corporate support was here, just that they hadn't bought tickets. Apparently everyone just needed a kick in the ass to get moving!

My parents had to go out of state for a funeral and so they couldn't be here but they kept calling me today asking for updates about ticket sales. I was telling them about the tickets sold and the meeting with Bettman yesterday and they were so excited and so disappointed that they couldn't be here for the rally.

I was surprised Eklund was there for as long as he was. He sounded genuinely impressed with everything.

I was looking at where my seats are and it looks like everyone up there renewed (or were already bought). The same one lone seat was available that's empty every year though, lol!

I'm trying not to get too excited or too far ahead of anything but this was amazing and I really hope that everything works out. This could be an awesome year.

Good job Nashville!!!! You can't spell NasHviLle without the NHL!!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote