View Single Post
Old
03-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -El Duderino-
Hey guys, long time reader first time poster. I'm curious why there have been no Jagr trade rumors whatsoever. With the caps paying much of his salary and the rangers possibly taking up another million or so, I'm sure teams have been making offers to Sather. Obviously we need some veterans in this rebuilding phase, and Jagr has been lights out since he's been here, but I wouldn't be adverse to dealing him if the right deal came along. With his lessened salary i think he could fetch a return equal to or greater than what we got for leetch. What if vancouver offered something like koltsov, a 1st, and maybe a 'b' prospect...what do you think?
Jagr will not be going anywhere, regardless of whether or not we are rebuilding we are still the NY rangers and need a big name or two to fill the seats, jagr is that name and he still has game left

if there is one overpaid vet we have who we should be talking about dealing it is holik who is having a good year and would love to get out of here, we could eat some salary and deal him with say poti and malakhov to the avs for morris, moore, and a top pick if sather was smart