View Single Post
Old
03-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Colonial Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnowNothing
Edzo doesn't give Kraft a lot of ice time.

I think Eastwood makes sense and Arkhipov id expendable maybe?

Maybe some type of deal getting the Pens Arkhipov? We need him to be on a line with Morozov!

I wouldn't mind seeing Arkhipov as a Penguin. I just hope if they get him we give him a lot of ice time to prove himself, sort of like what we've done with Jackman (who went from not playing in Toronto to coming here and logging the most ice time for the Pens and scoring/playing well so far).

We'll see on Tuesday I guess. Upshall is a guy I'd love to trade for considering we are pretty weak on the right side, but that makes no sense for Nashville to trade one of their top prospects.

Maybe Glazachev could move?

I don't know really, but I think something is brewing. In regards to the comments about the Pens, no offense taken - we know our team is bad and Pred fans are respectful of that, while still speaking the truth about the players.

Matter of fact, the Preds are a team I am rooting for in the playoffs.

From what I have seen and heard of Arkhipov, he might do well in Pittsburgh where he could get consistent ice time and a fresh start. Right now, there a bunch of guys on the roster right now who are like that such as Landon Wilson, Jon Sim, and Ric Jackman. As a Penguin fan, I am also rooting for the Preds. Not only because they are viewed as underdogs, but their captain is former Penguin Greg Johnson who I developed an affinity during his brief time in black and gold. Also I will echo that no offense is taken when talking about there is not really anyone from the Penguins that your team wants. At this time of year, teams loading up for the playoffs want proven guys and a young, rebuilding team like the Penguins is thin on them. I hope Predators are the Mighty Ducks of 2004 because I might vomit if the all-star teams from Colorado, Dallas, or Detroit make the finals. Good luck to Nashville.