Prediction time again
View Single Post
10-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Play Like a Pug
Join Date: Oct 2002
1. Detriot Red Wings- Most complete team in the league, no question in goal.
2. Dallas Stars- Question marks on D, but have it where it matters most, in goal.
3. Colorado Avalanche- Best offense in hockey, but goaltending problems cost a fall to 3rd, and a trade at the deadline.
4. St.Louis Blues- Its there time to make a run in the post season
5. Vancouver Canucks- Arvedsson was a great additon, and they have a great team, Cloutier needs to be more consistant.
6. Anaheim Mighty Ducks- Fedorov and Prospal are an upgrade over Kariya and Oates. Giggy will not pull a Theodore.
7. LA Kings- Allison and Deadmarsh will be back sometime, but i dont think very soon, because of that, they are ONLY 7th
8. Minnesota Wild- Gaborik and Dupuis will be signed, and the system is still there. Playoff team.
9. Edmonton Oilers- Just not enough scoring, with Comrie not even close, 9th place may be over rating.
10. Columbus Blue Jackets- A play off team in the east, but the west is too strong.
11. Calgary Flames- Building the right way, from the Defense out. Just not ready.
12. Nashville Predators- Another up and coming team.
13. San Jose Sharks- I dont see them recovering from last year, the talent is there, though.
14. Phoenix Coyotes- 3-0 start doesnt mean much too me, Burke will be gone at the deadline.
15. Chicago Blackhawks- Bad.
1. Ottawa Senators- With Havlat now signed, just watch the hell out.
2. New Jersey Devils- Same ole, same ole.
3. Tampa Bay Lightning- Young team that will be better than last year, they wont be in 3rd place just because they won the southeast.
4. Philly Flyers- If this team scores like they can, they are very dangerous.
5. NY Islanders- They kept everything the same and added Czersawski, I just see this team doing better than 8th this season, the top 4 Defense, is amoug the best.
6. NY Rangers- HOPING, HOPING. But seriously, the talent is there, and i think we will put it togther this season.
7. Toronto Maple Leafs- Getting Older, losing skill, but with the weak east, and Eddie Belfour, they have enough.
8. Atlanta Thrashers- Playing on pure emotion, they are fast, hard working and will snag the 8th spot. I love watching this team play when i rarley see them.
9. Boston Bruins- 4 Fowards and questionable goaltending means no playoffs.
10. Washington Capitals- Older, and thier best player hates Washingtion.
11. Carolina Hurricanes- Will be better, I like Weeks in goal, but just not enough.
12. Buffalo Sabres- Another upbeat, young club who have a great future.
13. Florida Panthers- Boy has this team drafted and traded well, Loungo could win a vezina in a couple years. Not yet.
14. Montreal Canadiens- Zednick is the only goal scorer, not enough.
15. Pittsburgh Penguins- Please, just send Fleury down.
Sens over Trashers- Just more skill.
Devils over Leafs- Like i said, Devils same ole, same ole.
Lightning over Rangers- Rangers finally get in, then lose to a better team.
Philly over Isles- In an 80's like series, Philly prevails.
Wings over Wild- Wings will just domiante considering what happened last year
Kings over Stars- The Kings are amazing in the playoffs, awesome heart.
Avs over Ducks- Lightning does not strike twice.
Blues over Canucks- Blues are built well for the playoffs, need a goalie though..
EAST- ROUND 2:
Sens over Flyers- Finally learning to win in the playoffs, they use the skill they have.
Lightning over Devils- Its gotta end sometime
WEST- ROUND 2
Wings over Kings: 2000 will not repeat it self, too expericaned.
Blues over Avs: Both teams weak in goal, but Osgood's playoffs expericnace makes him better than Abby. The Blues defense does thier best to shut down the powerhouse offense, anf they succed.
Sens over Lightning- The Sens are just too good for anyone in the east, as i said, finally show it in the playoffs.
Wings over Blues: The Blues great run ends here, to the much talented Wings.
Wings over Sens in 7- The most complete team in hockey takes it. I know ive been saying how the Sens will finally not crack in the playoffs and they wont. The Wings just know how to play in the Stanley Cup.
Hart: Marian Hossa (Naslund, Modano)
Vezina: Domnick Hasek (Brodeur, Knabby)
Norris: Ed Jovanovski (Lidstrom, Pronger)
Adams: Bob Hartley (Lemaire, MacLean)
Selke: Jere Lethien (Walz, Brind'Amour)
Calder: Tummo Ruutu (Staal, Burns)
Art Ross: Markus Naslund (Hossa, Bertuzzi)
Conn Smythe: Ray Whitney
Richard: Iyla Kovalchuk (Hossa, Naslund)
Breakout: Patrick Stefan (Nash, Sedin)
Dissapointment: Mats Sundin(Daze, Zednick)
Comeback player: Eric Lindros (Yashin, Leetch )
View Public Profile
Fire Sather's albums
Visit Fire Sather's homepage!
Find More Posts by Fire Sather