View Single Post
Old
10-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
WESTERN CONFERENCE

1. Detriot Red Wings- Most complete team in the league, no question in goal.
2. Dallas Stars- Question marks on D, but have it where it matters most, in goal.
3. Colorado Avalanche- Best offense in hockey, but goaltending problems cost a fall to 3rd, and a trade at the deadline.
4. St.Louis Blues- Its there time to make a run in the post season
5. Vancouver Canucks- Arvedsson was a great additon, and they have a great team, Cloutier needs to be more consistant.
6. Anaheim Mighty Ducks- Fedorov and Prospal are an upgrade over Kariya and Oates. Giggy will not pull a Theodore.
7. LA Kings- Allison and Deadmarsh will be back sometime, but i dont think very soon, because of that, they are ONLY 7th
8. Minnesota Wild- Gaborik and Dupuis will be signed, and the system is still there. Playoff team.
12. Nashville Predators- Another up and coming team.
13. San Jose Sharks- I dont see them recovering from last year, the talent is there, though.
14. Phoenix Coyotes- 3-0 start doesnt mean much too me, Burke will be gone at the deadline.
15. Chicago Blackhawks- Bad.

EASTERN CONFERENCE:

1. Ottawa Senators- With Havlat now signed, just watch the hell out.
2. New Jersey Devils- Same ole, same ole.
3. Tampa Bay Lightning- Young team that will be better than last year, they wont be in 3rd place just because they won the southeast.
4. Philly Flyers- If this team scores like they can, they are very dangerous.
5. NY Islanders- They kept everything the same and added Czersawski, I just see this team doing better than 8th this season, the top 4 Defense, is amoug the best.
6. NY Rangers- HOPING, HOPING. But seriously, the talent is there, and i think we will put it togther this season.
7. Toronto Maple Leafs- Getting Older, losing skill, but with the weak east, and Eddie Belfour, they have enough.
8. Atlanta Thrashers- Playing on pure emotion, they are fast, hard working and will snag the 8th spot. I love watching this team play when i rarley see them.
-------------------------
9. Boston Bruins- 4 Fowards and questionable goaltending means no playoffs.
10. Washington Capitals- Older, and thier best player hates Washingtion.
11. Carolina Hurricanes- Will be better, I like Weeks in goal, but just not enough.
12. Buffalo Sabres- Another upbeat, young club who have a great future.
13. Florida Panthers- Boy has this team drafted and traded well, Loungo could win a vezina in a couple years. Not yet.
14. Montreal Canadiens- Zednick is the only goal scorer, not enough.
15. Pittsburgh Penguins- Please, just send Fleury down.

Playoffs:

EAST:

Sens over Trashers- Just more skill.
Devils over Leafs- Like i said, Devils same ole, same ole.
Lightning over Rangers- Rangers finally get in, then lose to a better team.
Philly over Isles- In an 80's like series, Philly prevails.

WEST:

Wings over Wild- Wings will just domiante considering what happened last year
Kings over Stars- The Kings are amazing in the playoffs, awesome heart.
Avs over Ducks- Lightning does not strike twice.
Blues over Canucks- Blues are built well for the playoffs, need a goalie though..

EAST- ROUND 2:

Sens over Flyers- Finally learning to win in the playoffs, they use the skill they have.

Lightning over Devils- Its gotta end sometime

WEST- ROUND 2

Wings over Kings: 2000 will not repeat it self, too expericaned.

Blues over Avs: Both teams weak in goal, but Osgood's playoffs expericnace makes him better than Abby. The Blues defense does thier best to shut down the powerhouse offense, anf they succed.

EAST- Finals

Sens over Lightning- The Sens are just too good for anyone in the east, as i said, finally show it in the playoffs.

WEST- Finals

Wings over Blues: The Blues great run ends here, to the much talented Wings.

STANLEY CUP!

Wings over Sens in 7- The most complete team in hockey takes it. I know ive been saying how the Sens will finally not crack in the playoffs and they wont. The Wings just know how to play in the Stanley Cup.

Hart: Marian Hossa (Naslund, Modano)
Vezina: Domnick Hasek (Brodeur, Knabby)
Norris: Ed Jovanovski (Lidstrom, Pronger)
Adams: Bob Hartley (Lemaire, MacLean)
Selke: Jere Lethien (Walz, Brind'Amour)
Calder: Tummo Ruutu (Staal, Burns)
Art Ross: Markus Naslund (Hossa, Bertuzzi)
Conn Smythe: Ray Whitney
Richard: Iyla Kovalchuk (Hossa, Naslund)
Breakout: Patrick Stefan (Nash, Sedin)
Dissapointment: Mats Sundin(Daze, Zednick)
Comeback player: Eric Lindros (Yashin, Leetch )