View Single Post
Old
01-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Some Kings NCAA prospects update:

I caught both games of the Minnesota/Colorado College series this weekend. Here's some observations:

Matt Zaba: He didn't have all that great of a game earlier tonight (Saturday). However, I did see a few encouraging things about him. He excellent at playing the puck. Makes nice outlet passes to his forwards and defensemen. Also, he loves to shoot it. He's got a good glove and possesses some good reflexes. He's a bit slow on his lateral movements though. The most glaring weakness he had in tonight's game was controlling his rebounds. He had some real problems in that area. BTW, he didn't play in last night's game.

Richard Petiot: A very physical and lanky Dman. He laid alot of hits on the Minnesota players this weekend. He could use some bulking up. He plays with some passion but he needs to be able to keep his emotions in check. He's a very good skater and excellent with the puck. He seems to like jumping into plays and created some excellent scoring chances for CC, especially in tonight's game.

BTW, if you want to read more on how these two guys played tonight, please check out my Game Notes (1/10): Minnesota vs. Colorado College thread over on the NCAA boards.