HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clarke Threatens Hossa and Alfredsson.

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 12:03 PM
HF2002

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterflea
This seems to be a board in a state of collective denial.

How about Havlat doing a two hand number on Recchi?

What do you say? Warrant a suspension? Warrant Brashear kicking his ass into the middle of next week? Putting him out for the season? It was all there as an option. You can yip and yap but guys on the Sens got "tough" only with Brashear out and Fedoruk not on the bench.

Chara, Redden tough keys? Neil? Get real. It's not about who's European, North American or whatever. Clarke is way off base there. Markov is a scrappy little flinger as some have discovered to their detriment. But there is a code Neil violated going after Somik and it's not forgotten. Neil is not the tough guy like a Laraque who can thumb his nose at that. Think otherwise? You're back in your collective denial. I think there are knowledgable hockey fans out of Ott. Shame none in evidence writing on this string.
The Sens got tough with Brashear when he was on the ice. What game were you watching? I saw Ray fight him(Brashear with the KO), I saw Pothier mixing it up with him, and I saw Simpson go at him too - however all that got started.

If you're looking for a group of people to agree with your opinion of things you're going to be waiting for a long time. Neil was doing his job in standing up for Havlat. The Flyers didn't do the same for Recchi. How is Brashear fighting Ray geting back at Havlat? It isn't. If Brashear had gone after Havlat we could have understood the reasoning behind it, even though I'm sure some would argue that it should have been Recchi doing it.

I'm not sure where you're getting this "Redden is a tough guy" stuff. There isn't a single Sens fan who would ever say that. But if you think that Chara isn't..well, you're out of touch. Neil is a tough guy too. He tried several times during the game to get Brashear to go but Brashear wouldn't. What happened in that game would have still happened if Fedoruk would have been there.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
BlueNWhiteTilIDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Tuttle
Yea, and we know how successful your team has been the last 36 years or so! Go plan that parade you keep saying you'll have every regular season.
It isn't wise for a Sens fan to talk about playoff success of the past. I can think of three VERY RECENT playoffs where the Leafs have schooled you. Hope you can improve your three games over .500 pace on the road for the rest of the year, or the Leafs won't be your biggest problem. Getting home ice in the first round might be a little something more alarming.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Brad*

I didn't really have a problem with Neil fighting Somik. While Somik isn't a fighter per se, he was out there during the whole thing and became a part of it.

However, what I do have a problem with is Neil repeatedly punching Somik in the face after Somik was on his back, out of the fight and pretty much defenseless. That's cheap. Not even the most biased Sens fan could defend an action like that. That's just low, and I would love to see the favor returned to Neil.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:13 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Yea, and we know how successful your team has been the last 36 years or so! Go plan that parade you keep saying you'll have every regular season.
Haven't the Leafs bounced your team out of the playoffs every time they have met?

Quote:
Brashear has just sucker punched Pothier?
Was that before or after Pothier and Simpson jumped Brash after he destroyed Ray? I'm just wondering.

Quote:
You honestly think the Flyers can win in a playoff series? Please...
With Lalime in net, I say the Sens get eliminated alot earlier in net than everyone thinks.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FAN
That's not the point. I have no problem with the fights whatsoever. LeClair and Handzus went out to fight - that's part of the game. The difference is they aren't goons - they didn't go out and pick on people half their size. The point is that Neil went out and picked on Somik. Neil is a goon, the only reason for his existence in the NHL is to fight (same as Worrell, Brashear, Belak, Shelley). Without fighting he wouldn't have a job. Designated fighters shouldn't go after guys who have never even had a fighting major in their NHL career (Somik). What Neil did was cheap and he should be ashamed of himself.

Every Ottawa fan would be saying the exact same thing if Brashear went out and beat the crap out of Mike Fisher.
Well isn't this a classic. This coming from a Leaf fan. How many times has Domi the gutless puke, gone after a non-fighter. Brave Domi going after Arvedsson last year. Trying to fight Redden this year. Going after Van Allen, but your player is a hero when he does it. Typical Leaf fan.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
and you havn't won since Prohibition, what's you point?

you see teams that have won a cup since that year have every right to throw it back in our faces, you havn't even made the final dance yet and we beat you 3 times 3 times 3 TIMES! in the Playoffs NO CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA

Old
03-08-2004, 12:34 PM
mcphee

Did Clarke actually confront Martin outside the dressing room ? If so, that's unlike Clarke, he usually doesn't make a move without Kelly and Schulz to hide behind.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:46 PM
BIG FAN

Quote:
Well isn't this a classic. This coming from a Leaf fan. How many times has Domi the gutless puke, gone after a non-fighter. Brave Domi going after Arvedsson last year. Trying to fight Redden this year. Going after Van Allen, but your player is a hero when he does it. Typical Leaf fan.
I never said Domi was a hero. I never mentioned his name. I will never defend Domi or Tucker for their play either. I can't believe that Sens fans are defending Neil repeatedly hitting Somik and going after the guy. Why can't you admit Neil was wrong for what he did?

Old
03-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNWhiteTilIDie
It isn't wise for a Sens fan to talk about playoff success of the past. I can think of three VERY RECENT playoffs where the Leafs have schooled you. Hope you can improve your three games over .500 pace on the road for the rest of the year, or the Leafs won't be your biggest problem. Getting home ice in the first round might be a little something more alarming.
Yea, you got me good. You've been so much more successful in the playoffs. Why, you've gone on to win ZERO more cups than us with more 26 more chances!!

Old
03-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Yea, you got me good. You've been so much more successful in the playoffs. Why, you've gone on to win ZERO more cups than us with more 26 more chances!!
That's the worst logic I think I've ever seen.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Capt Tuttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJTOM
and you havn't won since Prohibition, what's you point?

you see teams that have won a cup since that year have every right to throw it back in our faces, you havn't even made the final dance yet and we beat you 3 times 3 times 3 TIMES! in the Playoffs NO CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA
WOW! You guys have won, what, 10 playoff series in those 36 years or so?

You've been so much more successful than us in our 10 years. I guess you got me.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:59 PM
BlueNWhiteTilIDie

Quote:

This is soooooooooooooo typical of you hypocrites. Domi jumps Van Allen and gives him a little beating, and Domi is called gutless for jumping a non-fighter. Oh yeah, a little non-fighter who conveniently cross checks a known enforcer across the chest right before taking the aforementioned beating. But when Neil does it, no one chirps.

Say what you want about the Leafs.They back up their actions if they have to. What can you say about Mr Yellow Havlat? It's always the Big Bad Leafs, and we heard nothing bit whining when we beat you on the scoreboard and in the alley last month. Boo hoo, the Big Bad Leafs beat us up and cheap-shotted us all night, but our useless powerplay couldn't get the job done with 14 man advantages. Havlat is a little puke who can't back up anything. Let Spezza, a class act and the future of this team, fight instead. What a joke. I would pay a whole lot of money to see Tucker, a little guy himself, just drop the gloves and beat Havlat senseless, proving once and for all what any hockey fan knows: that while coming across as angelic, this team is not quite as squeaky clean as they would have everyone believe.The beautiful part of all this is not only do the Leafs see the Sens for what they are, but the Flyers, and the rest of the league, does as well.

As for Domi, he has beat any so-called fighter the Sens have ever had, including tough guys Neil and Ray. I've actually lost count.

Bring that little attitude the next time the Sens play the Leafs. I would find it rather amusing, for one.

Last edited by BlueNWhiteTilIDie: 03-08-2004 at 01:06 PM.
Old
03-08-2004, 01:03 PM
BlueNWhiteTilIDie

Quote:

LMFAO! Good comeback. Guess that explains all your recent playoff failures, huh?

Old
03-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Hossa

This is turning into a flame war. Not gonna let it slide that far.

Last edited by Hossa: 03-08-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Closed Thread