HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lightning sign Janik

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2007, 11:28 AM
  #1
Tokala
Registered User
 
Tokala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Lightning sign Janik

Lightning signed Doug Janik to a 1-year, 2-way deal. He earns $475K with Tampa or $100K with Norfolk.
Lightning sign Janik

Tokala is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 11:36 AM
  #2
Yzerplan
I has one.
 
Yzerplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 6,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
Lightning signed Doug Janik to a 1-year, 2-way deal. He earns $475K with Tampa or $100K with Norfolk.
Lightning sign Janik
Well at least this isn't anymore than a depth signing.

Yzerplan is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 12:41 PM
  #3
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
I think Janik has alot of potential, I really do. He needs more time to mature. This could end up being a good deal for the Lightning.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 12:55 PM
  #4
Kristia
Old folks home..
 
Kristia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa Bay Area....
Country: United States
Posts: 13,677
vCash: 225
Awards:
Nice to see him re-sign here....if nothing else we will have some depth this year..

__________________
I don't know KARATE, but I do know CRAZY and I'm not afraid to use it!!
Kristia is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 01:12 PM
  #5
randyc
Registered User
 
randyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
It does provide depth

I think the Bolts have gone out and obtained some depth defensemen who can possibly come in and contribute to the big club. But for those who don't make the cut in Tampa bodes well for Norfolk.

It will be a fun training camp to watch the competition play out for the one or two available positions on the d.

Also, this will put to rest the thought of having to sign Pratt or Cullimore. I would rather see the Bolts go with what they have in the fold now rather than those two guys.

randyc is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 01:53 PM
  #6
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie Needed View Post
I think Janik has alot of potential, I really do. He needs more time to mature. This could end up being a good deal for the Lightning.
So you like Janik's 27 year old upside, but you don't care for the 22 year old Ranger, who is already superior to Janik in every facet of the game?

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 01:54 PM
  #7
rangerskid16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
So you like Janik's 27 year old upside, but you don't care for the 22 year old Ranger, who is already superior to Janik in every facet of the game?
I would perfer a solid but not great janik to play 2nd 3rd line d, then a young inexpiernced player

rangerskid16* is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
  #8
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsCup77 View Post
I would perfer a solid but not great janik to play 2nd 3rd line d, then a young inexpiernced player
And Ranger has 60 odd more NHL games experience.

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 02:07 PM
  #9
rangerskid16*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
And Ranger has 60 odd more NHL games experience.
Paul Ranger strugles in front of the net because hes to passive thats not what you need as a 2nd or 3rd line D you can only get away with that if your at brian leetchs talent and doesnt have a dominant quality and still hasnt found his " niche' that was all from tsn.ca

rangerskid16* is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
  #10
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
So you like Janik's 27 year old upside, but you don't care for the 22 year old Ranger, who is already superior to Janik in every facet of the game?
You beat me to it.

A two way deal for Janik I am ok with and prefer it to Cullimore.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
  #11
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsCup77 View Post
Paul Ranger strugles in front of the net because hes to passive thats not what you need as a 2nd or 3rd line D you can only get away with that if your at brian leetchs talent and doesnt have a dominant quality and still hasnt found his " niche' that was all from tsn.ca
And that does nothing to address the experience issue or the fact that Janik doesn't do what you criticize Ranger for not doing, so what is your point?

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
  #12
Hockeyfan02
Registered User
 
Hockeyfan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pistivity
Country: United States
Posts: 14,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsCup77 View Post
Paul Ranger strugles in front of the net because hes to passive thats not what you need as a 2nd or 3rd line D you can only get away with that if your at brian leetchs talent and doesnt have a dominant quality and still hasnt found his " niche' that was all from tsn.ca
Well then why are you talking about Janik being better than Ranger. The next one on one battle that Janik wins will be his first.

Meh on this signing. At least it's a two-way. I really don't like Janik, but as a 7th defenseman he's fine. Just as long as he isn't a regular, I'm ok with it.

Hockeyfan02 is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 05:55 PM
  #13
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,435
vCash: 500
I have no problem with Janik, hopefully he improves.

Who's left to sign, Pratt and Craig??

Maria is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
  #14
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?
 
Butchered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 501
Country: United States
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
There is pretty much zero need for Pratt right now. I could honestly care less about Craig at this point. I don't care if he's a future C. Our current C is pretty useless if you ask me.

Butchered is online now  
Old
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
  #15
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates
 
X0X0A0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,987
vCash: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I have no problem with Janik, hopefully he improves.

Who's left to sign, Pratt and Craig??
Hopefully just Craig.

X0X0A0 is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
  #16
missK
Registered User
 
missK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lightning country
Country: United States
Posts: 2,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsCup77 View Post
I would perfer a solid but not great janik to play 2nd 3rd line d, then a young inexpiernced player
But that's the point, Janik is not consistent enough to play 18-20 minutes a night other than as a fill in for an injury. If the coaching staff thought he was capable, he would be playing those type of minutes.

missK is offline  
Old
07-25-2007, 07:39 PM
  #17
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
So you like Janik's 27 year old upside, but you don't care for the 22 year old Ranger, who is already superior to Janik in every facet of the game?
Never said I didn't like him. As a matter of fact I said I do like him. What I said was he's not as good as everyone around here seems to think he is. Will he be someday? In my view, no. But that's just me. He is not a 1/2 dman at this point in his career and I don't think anyone can argue that. Janik certainly isn't either but he is a better stay at home guy than Ranger and doesn't blow coverage like Ranger does. Doesn't get his ice time either I know this but to me he seems more disiplined than Ranger. I actually like both of them. So there. And Patrick is just pissed because I slammed his "Ranger is one of the most underated guys in the NHL" comment. He knows better.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
07-26-2007, 12:10 AM
  #18
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie Needed View Post
Never said I didn't like him. As a matter of fact I said I do like him. What I said was he's not as good as everyone around here seems to think he is. Will he be someday? In my view, no. But that's just me. He is not a 1/2 dman at this point in his career and I don't think anyone can argue that. Janik certainly isn't either but he is a better stay at home guy than Ranger and doesn't blow coverage like Ranger does. Doesn't get his ice time either I know this but to me he seems more disiplined than Ranger. I actually like both of them. So there. And Patrick is just pissed because I slammed his "Ranger is one of the most underated guys in the NHL" comment. He knows better.


Quote:
Let's see how many games into the season he can go before he gets benched. Sorry I'm not as excited as everyone else.
That's what you said when he was signed. Obviously, thinking you "don't care for him" if you think he'll be benched quickly is a reasonable assumption.

My original point is still uncommented about. You beleive in the potential of a 27 year old over a 22 year old who is already better. Doesn't Ranger get time to mature? Don't see how you'll spin that one. But good luck.

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
07-26-2007, 05:30 PM
  #19
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
That's what you said when he was signed. Obviously, thinking you "don't care for him" if you think he'll be benched quickly is a reasonable assumption.

My original point is still uncommented about. You beleive in the potential of a 27 year old over a 22 year old who is already better. Doesn't Ranger get time to mature? Don't see how you'll spin that one. But good luck.
Hasn't he been benched in the past? Yea, he has, and more than once. So saying that obviously means I don't like the guy, right? And since it was his coach who benched him, that must mean he doesn't care for him either? Come on man.

Spin what? Of course he gets time to mature as does any young player. All I said was I wasn't calling out the brass bands for his new contract, that's it. You decided to spin it into something it isn't. Nice try.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
07-26-2007, 08:18 PM
  #20
LastoftheBrunnenG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie Needed View Post
Hasn't he been benched in the past? Yea, he has, and more than once. So saying that obviously means I don't like the guy, right? And since it was his coach who benched him, that must mean he doesn't care for him either? Come on man.

Spin what? Of course he gets time to mature as does any young player. All I said was I wasn't calling out the brass bands for his new contract, that's it. You decided to spin it into something it isn't. Nice try.
That's pretty good spin. I'm not buying it, but nice try. Anyone who goes out of his way to post what you posted is either got an axe to grind or WAY too much time on his hands. If it's the later, it's like calling up one of 1-900 poll questions and answering "I don't know" or "no opinion". I mean, why bother? So you don't care he got signed? But you took the time to tell everyone..."I don't care." Thanks for nothing. I find that hard to beleive and think you were taking your usual pot shot at Ranger. But when the indomitable Doug Janik is signed! Woo Hoo!!!

Janik's 27 and Ranger is 22, yet you get excited by Janiks potential and signing and yet rain on Rangers parade, not that anyone was trying to plan one. Anything else is spin by default. Unless 27 is 5 years younger than 22. Or Janik is suddenly better than Ranger.

I'm going to Cooperstown this weekend, but I eagerly look forward to your response about a player you don't really care about when I get back.

DOUG JANIK FOREVER!!!

&

PEACE OUT!!!

LastoftheBrunnenG is offline  
Old
07-26-2007, 10:15 PM
  #21
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastoftheBrunnenG View Post
That's pretty good spin. I'm not buying it, but nice try. Anyone who goes out of his way to post what you posted is either got an axe to grind or WAY too much time on his hands. If it's the later, it's like calling up one of 1-900 poll questions and answering "I don't know" or "no opinion". I mean, why bother? So you don't care he got signed? But you took the time to tell everyone..."I don't care." Thanks for nothing. I find that hard to beleive and think you were taking your usual pot shot at Ranger. But when the indomitable Doug Janik is signed! Woo Hoo!!!

Janik's 27 and Ranger is 22, yet you get excited by Janiks potential and signing and yet rain on Rangers parade, not that anyone was trying to plan one. Anything else is spin by default. Unless 27 is 5 years younger than 22. Or Janik is suddenly better than Ranger.

I'm going to Cooperstown this weekend, but I eagerly look forward to your response about a player you don't really care about when I get back.

DOUG JANIK FOREVER!!!

&

PEACE OUT!!!

Wow. You've managed to blow everything I've said completely out of proportion. Talk about too much time on your hands. Wow.

Tell Pete Rose I said hi.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Old
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
  #22
avsfan6*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 242
vCash: 500
ranger>>>janik ranger is a top four d man.....one day maybe a top 2 at his peak.......janik reserve d man maybe top 6 at his peak i think most will agree no?

avsfan6* is offline  
Old
07-28-2007, 08:50 AM
  #23
OptimismRestrainer
Registered User
 
OptimismRestrainer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: what, exactly?
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan6 View Post
ranger>>>janik ranger is a top four d man.....one day maybe a top 2 at his peak.......janik reserve d man maybe top 6 at his peak i think most will agree no?
Thanks.

OptimismRestrainer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.