HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DO you guys need or expect to add some more toughness come Tuesday...

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Bruinaholic

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
DO you guys need or expect to add some more toughness come Tuesday...

Having Neil,Chara,Hnidy and Ray isnt bad at all,but do u all feel that you have enough grit in your lineup to get through the playoffs?
And i wouldnt suggest adding more toughness just because of that brawl w/ Philly but would u want to add a player like say JAson Weimer,Georges Laraque or Brendan WItt?(Imagine Brashear seeing Laraque line up against him at the end of the season or better yet in a 7 game series,i bet Brash would either A. be alot more quiet out there .....B. ***** his pants or C. Both

Old
03-08-2004, 01:46 AM
The Hamburglar

We don't really need more but I'm expecting Weimer to be a Sen and hoping for Witt.

Old
03-08-2004, 08:41 AM
o-dog

If this team gets any tougher, they'll probably lose effectiveness or skill somewhere else. And anyways, what do you want...another team like the Leafs?

Old
03-08-2004, 10:00 AM
sensfan18

I think we can add Witt making us tougher but not affecting our overall effectiveness, he is a very good d'man. I'm going to say Rachunek goes, Witt comes in and Weimer ends up here also (I pray for Big George instead of Weimer, but I doubt it will happen). But I do not think we desparately need to get tougher, I think getting Witt would be to improve our top 4, not just to get tougher.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:19 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
I think we can add Witt making us tougher but not affecting our overall effectiveness, he is a very good d'man. I'm going to say Rachunek goes, Witt comes in and Weimer ends up here also (I pray for Big George instead of Weimer, but I doubt it will happen). But I do not think we desparately need to get tougher, I think getting Witt would be to improve our top 4, not just to get tougher.
I can see Witt coming in...it very well might happen. But because the Sens and Caps play tonight, the deal would either happen late tonight or tomorrow before the deadline. I'm sure they're gonna wait and see what the best offer for Witt is.

I wish they'd get Laraque as well...but I don't see it happening because they'd need to give up a roster player.

Old
03-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedog
If this team gets any tougher, they'll probably lose effectiveness or skill somewhere else. And anyways, what do you want...another team like the Leafs?
Good point. Toronto and Ottawa are both fantastic teams, they play 2 very different styles. Ottawa is so solid in terms of skill/speed, that if they want to improve size and grit, they will lose skill. Both are equally important. That's why the Simpson trade was good, he can hold his own in both aspects. If the sens change to the Leafs philosophy and they simply add grit with skill and try to beat them into submission, then they will lose their effectiveness. IMO the Ray deal, excluding leadership, was kinda dumb, he'll sit on the bench in the playoffs. Anyway, good point, they would give up skill and play with grit. There are very few, Nolan/Tucker/Roberts in the league, just about as many as Hossa/Havlat etc...

Old
03-08-2004, 11:55 AM
bert

Why do we need more toughness? We have tons, more than Philly obviously seeing how they had no one to lineup against Neil or Chara.

No sorry Hossa's and Havlat's are more rare than Tuckers Nolans or Roberts. There are about 10 ppg players in the nhl Hossa and Havlat are those.

Old
03-08-2004, 12:22 PM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert
Why do we need more toughness? We have tons, more than Philly obviously seeing how they had no one to lineup against Neil or Chara.
Fedoruk was out with an injured hand. Primeau and Roenick were also out. Had these been in the game, they would have dropped the gloves with Lurch and Neil. Don't worry, dress Ray and Clarke will dress Berube for that game.

Old
03-08-2004, 01:59 PM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Fedoruk was out with an injured hand. Primeau and Roenick were also out. Had these been in the game, they would have dropped the gloves with Lurch and Neil. Don't worry, dress Ray and Clarke will dress Berube for that game.
Ray most likely will be dressed, he has dressed every game as of late (he will not be dressed just because it is the big bad flyers). So I have no idea how this compares to dressing Berube, it could go on and on we could just call up McGratton if Clarke calls up Berube.

Fedoruk and Primeau will add to the action, Donald can hand it to Ray again, Fedoruk can go with Neil, and Primeau can go with Chara, it will make for a better fight night. JR will do nothing, the only thing intimidating about him is his mouth and with that jaw in the shape it is in he won't be fighting (Mark Bell cleaned his clock before and I'd go as far as to say Fisher would do the same).

Most likely situation is that the game will be surrounded with all kinds of media-fueled propaganda and the game will be a stinker.

Old
03-08-2004, 02:17 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan18
Most likely situation is that the game will be surrounded with all kinds of media-fueled propaganda and the game will be a stinker.

You're probably correct, but we also thought the same thing as last game.

Old
03-08-2004, 03:29 PM
r19

It wouldn't hurt adding more toughness, a guy like Laraque and Witt would be welcomed,although the asking price for Witt,Barnaby and Laraque might be a bit much.I would go after Tyson Nash just for insurance policy,incase Neil goes down or Fisher,Varada he fits the role ...their all fast ,gritty and pest.

Closed Thread