HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedor Tyutin

Old
07-23-2007, 03:09 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Fedor Tyutin

I think this is the year for him. I expect him to breakout offensively and have a good year in the +- area. This is his 3rd NHL season. What are your thoughts on him for this season??

I think Tyutin will play about 75 games, 5 goals 30 assist 35 pts + 10

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Levitate

I never really noticed that he regressed offensively last year..but I thought he was better defensively overall.

I'd be happy with 25-30 points again. Might depend on if he manages to get any PP time.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
JR#9*

I think he will put up the same amount of points as last year. Its not like he will get increased powerplay time between Mara, Rosival, And Hutchinson assuming we keep him with the big club.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 03:57 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

if he plays with girardi (who i call fuzz) then he'll have a great season. those two were made to play for each other.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 07-23-2007 at 04:03 PM.
nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 03:58 PM
chip chipperson*

tytuin is in situation where he doesn't need to be the teams offensive defesnmen. that is for rozsival and hopefully staal. any form of offensive production is progress any way you look at it. i do think he will have a better year though.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 700
He has nowhere to go but up at this point in his career.

07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Tyutin is one of those players whom I think will just continue to quietly improve. He'll make yet fewer mistakes, throw a crunching check every few games, but in general, it'll be only we Rangers' fans who will realise how good he is.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
tytuin is in situation where he doesn't need to be the teams offensive defesnmen. that is for rozsival and hopefully staal.
Staal is not an offensive d-man. He had a good playoffs, for certain, but don't expect him to rack up points from the blueline. If Staal is a 20-30 point D-man I'd be more than happy.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Jim Ramsay

I just hope that the pairing of Tyutin and Girardi stays intact next year. I thought those two were very solid playin with eachother and I had a lot of faith in them.

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 04:34 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Tyutin is one of those players whom I think will just continue to quietly improve. He'll make yet fewer mistakes, throw a crunching check every few games, but in general, it'll be only we Rangers' fans who will realise how good he is.

Agree with this

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2007, 04:36 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
tytuin is in situation where he doesn't need to be the teams offensive defesnmen. that is for rozsival and hopefully staal. any form of offensive production is progress any way you look at it. i do think he will have a better year though.
you should tell malik that

Old
07-24-2007, 07:35 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordic View Post
Staal is not an offensive d-man. He had a good playoffs, for certain, but don't expect him to rack up points from the blueline. If Staal is a 20-30 point D-man I'd be more than happy.
Staal has always been projected as a good 2 way D man. It isnt unlikely that he'll become a 40 point/season player and throw lots of hits. He can be our Pronger almost... (if not quite as good...)

Every report i have read about him says he can pot 10 goals and 30 assists in thsi league when he matures. Given the offensive potential on this team he can get 20ish assists by default.

Fedor Tuytin, he can be a 40 point player this year for the same reason as Staal will be eventually. With so much offense he has the potential to get alot of points by simply making a good first pass. With Gomez taking the puck up more than Nyladner did i can see alot more asissts for the D men in general.

I'd like tosee tuytin use his shot more/better. He can be a 10 goal D man in this league and still be a good 2 way D man.

His game has progressed nicely, lets see some numbers increase now!!!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
you should tell malik that
The NYR-CAR game I went to (I believe it was March 11th or 12th, Sunday game) he scored the only Ranger goal of the game. It was crazy...haha, he skated it up, took a wristshot from the blueline, got his own rebound, and made a nice backhand move on Ward to score. I'm not saying he's great offensively or anything, but he can surprise you sometimes with his moves.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Fletch

Malik does have moves...

but he's such an awkward skater that he really needs to catch eveyone off guard to make those moves. I've seen two in two years - both resulted in goals, and both were big goals, and both were very unexpected.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2007, 04:07 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
The NYR-CAR game I went to (I believe it was March 11th or 12th, Sunday game) he scored the only Ranger goal of the game. It was crazy...haha, he skated it up, took a wristshot from the blueline, got his own rebound, and made a nice backhand move on Ward to score. I'm not saying he's great offensively or anything, but he can surprise you sometimes with his moves.
i remember that game the defense for the other team just backed away and was like "there is no way he can score" LOOK OUT! here comes malik! I was refering to evry game when he tries to cut to the goal and get caught and cant get back. He does have his scoring abilities. we should make him a center for next season

Old
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Malik does have moves..with his hands. He is an awful/awkward skater with pretty good hands on him. I have nothing against Malik, but he looks like a clueless goon when he is skating up a puck..but will do something pretty cool with it every once in a while- a la 15 round shootout.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 05:53 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9 View Post
Malik does have moves..with his hands. He is an awful/awkward skater with pretty good hands on him. I have nothing against Malik, but he looks like a clueless goon when he is skating up a puck..but will do something pretty cool with it every once in a while- a la 15 round shootout.
Every great team has an achilles heel and ours is Mr Malik!

Thankfully players like Tuytin seem to be taking the next steps and improving. With Tuytin and Girardi making progress this year having Malik for another year shouldnt be too much of a pain!

I really liked Malik when he first arrived but he is wildly erratic and can really kill his own team with some bad plays at times. You dont often see that with younger players like Tuytin, Girardi etc.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 12:26 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBlaznBure9 View Post
thats so true!