HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Where did you come from?

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

vCash: 500
Where did you come from?

Just about every one of us musta come from another board prior to settling at HF, well, what's your story?

Me--
Rivals DAW board: ca. late 1999 to late 2000 (or whenever they shut down)
Danger Avalanche Warning board: ca. late 2000 to summer 2001
HFboards.com: pre-seasonish 2001 to current

Known as Ensane on every single one of them.

Old
03-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Aerolanche

LetsGoAvalanche?

I didn't really come from any boards prior to this one.

Old
03-04-2004, 12:33 AM
RoyIsALegend*

FanHome

Old
03-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
FanHome
Weren't you on the old Rivals boards? At least the DAW boards during the cup win? I coulda sworn remembering you prior to HF.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:02 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Weren't you on the old Rivals boards? At least the DAW boards during the cup win? I coulda sworn remembering you prior to HF.
Yeah, but I wasn't as frequent of a poster or even half as controversial as I became on FanHome. Wow, come to think of it... I've known some of you guys(yourself, Lappy, Jori, jeri, etc.) for almost four years now.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:39 AM
Breck Av

I also came from Fanhome. I just couldn't take sakic19 (fanhome) and some other trolls that littered that board. Plus I don't like that site's layout and options. I'd like to see some of the better posters over there matriculate to HF, like ChicagoAvsFan and AvsNordsFan.

Old
03-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
I also came from the old DAW crew, but I also used to patrol the ESPN boards where sakic19 used to frequent. I'm a mod at FanHome and at LGA.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Sandman52

My only question is what happened to isochor?

Also, where's good ole KL aka Kid Line?

Old
03-04-2004, 09:55 PM
colosilverado

I have about the same background as Ensane. I think I started checking out DAW in mid to late 2000. Followed the same progression. I think Jori went by Jori4Hejduk or something like that on one of those boards. I don't post alot. I just mainly read up. I think I went by Bubbafan when I finally registered on 1 of those previous boards. I remember this board being some sort of running series of random threads. Really hard to follow.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:16 PM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I actually started at HF. I was looking up college stats of a friend of mine and I ended up here.

Old
03-04-2004, 10:53 PM
Zodiac

Fanhome.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman52
My only question is what happened to isochor?

Also, where's good ole KL aka Kid Line?
KL got the "good ole" permaban.

I kinda forgot about isochor (and In Utero Tom) for a bit there--I believe I remember seeing isochor on HF prior to the implimentation of the new boards.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:05 PM
hoserthehorrible

I've used Rivals DAW board, Danger Avalanche Warning board and Fanhome. Obviously use Hockey's Future boards too.

KL was banned eh? The KL I remember was a pompous jerk who claimed he knew hockey but in reality he was way off base quite often and argued himself into a corner quite frequently. I still remember him arguing that Skoula was a top 2 NHL caliber defenseman and wouldn't budge on his assessment in spite of overwhelming evidence otherwise. I think his reasoning was something to the effect that Skoula played with Blake at the time therefor he must have been a top 2 caliber defenseman.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Gumballhead

This thread is funny.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I found this board when I was looking for some place to lament after Skrastins got dealt to the........

Avs

No prior history at any mboards. The ESPN boards were laughable, and all the fan mbs. were too homerish for me to do anything but read up on the news/talk.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserthehorrible
KL was banned eh? The KL I remember was a pompous jerk who claimed he knew hockey but in reality he was way off base quite often and argued himself into a corner quite frequently. I still remember him arguing that Skoula was a top 2 NHL caliber defenseman and wouldn't budge on his assessment in spite of overwhelming evidence otherwise. I think his reasoning was something to the effect that Skoula played with Blake at the time therefor he must have been a top 2 caliber defenseman.
Yeah, but let the record show that he DID call the Bourque trade 48 hours prior to it sufacing, and IIRC he even got a few of the players correct as well.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:28 PM
avfan#21

I started out on the old Slam! boards. Myself and Wazee were probably the only two regular Avs posters on there. Man that board was a tough place to post. I migrated to I think it was the DPO forum, then to DAW. Jori didn't you start out on the DPO? I was thinking I saw you there years ago. I remember RIAL when he first started, what were you? like 15? something like that. hehe. He's come along ways since those first few posts. Good fan.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:48 PM
hoserthehorrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
Yeah, but let the record show that he DID call the Bourque trade 48 hours prior to it sufacing, and IIRC he even got a few of the players correct as well.
Whether he called the Bourque trade or not I don't recall. If you say he did then I'll take your word for it.

He most definitely tried to argue that Skoula was a #2 caliber defenseman for days and weeks on end. He defended Skoula to the end and tried to use many irrelevent statistics to try and back up his argument. He finally used the argument that Skoula played with Blake, and Blake was a #1 defenseman, therefor Skoula must be a #2 type of defenseman. It was a classic case of KL making an ignorant and boastful statement, being called on it, and then not admitting he was wrong but instead foolishly arguing it until the bitter end.

Old
03-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Started with the old faceoff.com boards, then jumped ship to offthepost.net. I still do most of my activity there, but I heard so much from members there about here that I had to check it out.

Old
03-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

I came from nowhere. This is the first Av's borad I found when I started looking.

Old
03-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
I started out on the old Slam! boards. Myself and Wazee were probably the only two regular Avs posters on there. Man that board was a tough place to post. I migrated to I think it was the DPO forum, then to DAW. Jori didn't you start out on the DPO? I was thinking I saw you there years ago. I remember RIAL when he first started, what were you? like 15? something like that. hehe. He's come along ways since those first few posts. Good fan.
I actually posted on the RMN board before I ended up at DAW. Didn't post too much at the DP board. The RMN board was good at first but went down hill really quickly. I remember how Avalanche fans were ridiculed for defending Joe Sakic (or even liking him) and that was coming from Colorado fans. It was mostly a bash fest with an infestation of Stars and Red Wings fans joining the party. After some time it felt more like an anti-Avs board than anything else.

Old
03-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Started with the old faceoff.com boards, then jumped ship to offthepost.net. I still do most of my activity there, but I heard so much from members there about here that I had to check it out.
I went to faceoff.com alot (didn't post much...I was there mostly for reading material) and I remember alot of your posts. I'm glad you found your way here.

Old
03-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Sandman52

Jori, I remember those debates about Sakic, and how everyone wanted him gone after the '99 & 2000 playoffs. Most people wanted the five 1st rd picks when he was a RFA. I decided to adopt the moniker of SakAttack in his defense. Thankfully, Super Joe returned.

Concerning KL and Skoula, I think we were all hoping for him to achieve #2 status. I'll never forget the 2000 playoff series vs the Red Wings when Skoula stripped Yzerman near the boards and fed it to Forsberg who setup the game/series-clinching goal by Drury. At that moment, I felt that Skoula had "arrived." Too bad.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:21 PM
Belgican

Came on DAW, Isochor time, was a great board for sure !

Old
03-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Sandman52

KL, you're the man.

Go Blue.

Closed Thread