HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Were do you see Kari Ramo in 2 or 3 years ???

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2007, 08:13 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Were do you see Kari Ramo in 2 or 3 years ???

I haven't heard about this kid, Karri Ramo, and he's your #1 prospect. Knowing that Tampa Bay has question marks between the pipes, do you think he has the potential to become your #1 goalie within the next 2 year or so ???

Thanks for the info

Old
07-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I haven't heard about this kid, Karri Ramo, and he's your #1 prospect. Knowing that Tampa Bay has question marks between the pipes, do you think he has the potential to become your #1 goalie within the next 2 year or so ???
You not hearing about him has to do with his draft position (not many players outside the 1st round are hyped on this site) and our fanbase isn't really that active in talking about our prospects.

From all the information I've read about Ramo, if he continues to develop he should be the #1 in the near future. Lightning scouts think he's NHL ready right now, but with Denis and Holmqvist under contract and not likely to be moved I'd rather see him in the AHL next season. He was an all-star goalie behind an awful Springfield team last year which was impressive. With some of the signings this summer, Norfolk (the new affiliate) should be better than last year's team and I think he'd put some good numbers there. Ramo doesn't project to be an elite goalie like a Rask or Price, but if he reaches his potential he'll be a good goalie in the NHL.

Old
07-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Plato

vCash: 1000
Is there any chance Helenius or Kosechkin can challenge Ramo for the future starting spot for Tampa Bay?

Old
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Bish please
...You're hateful.

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
Is there any chance Helenius or Kosechkin can challenge Ramo for the future starting spot for Tampa Bay?
Of course, Kosechkin would need to come over first but I don't see why any of the three couldn't fight it out.

Closed Thread