HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you want Cammallerri?

Old
07-27-2007, 11:58 AM
lakings41

vCash: 500
Cammy may be listed as a Center but he's played RW since day one with the Kings. He does take important face-offs but he shifts back to wing after.
As for trading partners? You have loads of players that i'd want but it would have to start with Lundqvist. Which would come back with a reply of go **** yourself.
The deals you guys are throwing out has the same meaning.
The Kings would be stupid to let this guy go, but I wouldn't be surprised. We're idiots when it comes to retaining key players and nothing has changed in forty years.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
TheHotRock

woudlnt shanny/drury/cammy be a sick line?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 08:33 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

No, I hate squid!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2007, 08:52 PM
xander

would I like him? certainly. Is it workable? probably not.

But for the sake of argument I'll throw out: Montoya, Prucha, Mara/Malik, and a 2nd.

Would LA accept that? I don't know, but I think that's the minimum that you have to offer (assuming that you don't want to get into Staal territory) if your calling the kings to make an offer.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 12:04 AM
NYR Lunchbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I'll throw out: Montoya, Prucha, Mara/Malik, and a 2nd.
all THAT 4 cammy no way.

montoya will be a solid backup 2 the king eather this year (doubtfull because of cap) or next, prucha who will wind up a franchise player (IMO), no thanks. mara/malik, a prospect n a 2nd fine but not that package

NYR Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 12:41 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
I mean, lets say LA thinks he's gonna get awared too much $$...would you trade Montoya (lord knows they need a goalie) and Mara/Malik for this guy...then shift drury to the wing? thoughts?
Would you trade Cammalleri for Montoya and either Malik or Mara?

I know I wouldn't.

The Kings don't need Montoya, they have Bernier, who has a world of potential as well.

They also don't need Mara or Malik, as their defense is actually deeper than ours this year, and they're not going to take on dead weight just to help us get Cammalleri.

Maybe it works that way in a world where everything is peaches and cream, but not in the real world.

The LA fans probably think we're all idiots now.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Actually, we do need Montoya. I'd rather have two great goaltending propects than sticking all our eggs in one basket with Bernier. But we don't have room on d for Malik or Mara, and you guys don't have salary at forward that you'd be willing to move. Good trading partners, not good trading partners in regards to Michael Cammalleri.

Just isn't financially possible.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 35000
Personally as good as Cammaleri is I dont think the Rangers should give as much as has been proposed in this thread for a another 5' 9" guy, especially considering the 5'10" centers we just signed for the next couple of years. If anything I'd like the Rangers to go for more of a power forward with some size if for a forward at all.

07-28-2007, 12:41 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
all THAT 4 cammy no way.

montoya will be a solid backup 2 the king eather this year (doubtfull because of cap) or next, prucha who will wind up a franchise player (IMO), no thanks. mara/malik, a prospect n a 2nd fine but not that package
we're talking about a 25 year old whose already put down an 80 point season. You have to give to get. Mara/malik, a 2nd, and a prospec? are you kidding? you'll get laughed at.

Now I'm not sure if I would make that trade, but that's the kind of package you're going to have to put together.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:03 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
all THAT 4 cammy no way.

Montoya would be the key to this deal. He could become a franchise goalie.

Prucha will most likely never become a franchise player so I'll have to disagree with you there. He's too one dimensional to be a franchise player, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:11 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
He's not going to take a 3rd line center job here for the same money he'd get from LA. Besides if we trade Montoya the return would have to be a #1 D or a top 6 winger prospect.
Cammalleri plays wing for the Kings. He has for the past two seasons. I don't know why most sites continue to list him as a center.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:20 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
...Besides if we trade Montoya the return would have to be a #1 D or a top 6 winger prospect.
And where is this written in stone? Hypothetically, if you were to deal Montoya for an elite center, what would be wrong with moving Drury to wing?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote