HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rank the Atlantic Division Defenses

Old
07-28-2007, 05:57 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Supposedly he's got a little too much Captain in him.
That's an understatement.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 09:03 PM
lancer247

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Hatcher doesn't fit that description now. When he played for Dallas, it was a different story.

One of the things you'll see with Timonen, I think, much like the Pens see with Gonchar, is that he isn't a guy you want to see deep in the defensive zone when the other teams has the puck and is sustaining an attack. On the other hand, you're less likely to see Timonen deep in the defensive zone as compared to someone like Hatcher because he can contribute so much to keeping the puck out of the defensive zone.

So, I just think the whole question of this thread is off base, not because it isn't fair to ask but instead because it invites people to ignore the fact that some of the best defensive corps in the league are just that, not because the defensemen are the best defensive players, but instead because they win defensively by establishing and sustaining puck possession.
i agree...i don't think the flyers are a great d when you look at individuals but they have a good mix of skilled guys, stay at home guys, speed, experience & grit...i'd love to see gauthier or hatcher moved to allow picard a shot...i think with limited minutes his skills would be a good addition but i don't see gauthier ($2.5MM) sitting while a dman on a two way contract plays...

timonen - smith
kukkonen - coburn
hatcher - picard

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 10:37 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Without a doubt the Flyers have the best top pairing in the division. I like the rest of the group, but I want to see how these guys are going to do over the long stetch. As far as Biron goes, I dont think he is going to be asked to be allworld every night. He is going to give us a chance to win pretty much every night and thats all you can really ask for.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote