HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boyle asking price from a Sharks fan

Closed Thread

Old
07-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Korky94

vCash: 500
Boyle asking price from a Sharks fan

Ok Tampa fans, my question to you is what would it take to see Boyle in teal come September? There has been a lot of speculation about Marleau being traded for a #1 defensmen for the sharks, so I thought that I would throw out the idea of Marleau for Boyle straight up. They will both be UFA's next season, so it seems like a pretty fair deal to me. However it is starting to look more and more unlikely that Marleau will be delt. So.....my question is would you accept a package deal for Boyle? Perhaps something along the lines of:

To Tampa:
Kyle McLaren
Joe Pavelski - said by some to be our #1 prospect (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...p20_prospects/) and showed amazing potential when he came up midway last season to fill in for some injured Sharks and ended up keeping his spot on the roster all the way through the playoffs
Conditionary 2nd round pick in the stacked 08 draft (if boyle signs contract extenstion with the sharks)

To San Jose:
Dan Boyle

thoughts??

edit: sorry i posted a broken link, the proper link is: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...p20_prospects/

Last edited by Korky94: 07-31-2007 at 03:42 PM.
Old
07-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Transported Upstater

Oh Bolty...you've been summoned!

Old
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
gobolt7

Reporting for duty!

Let me have a moment to review....

*edit*

what is McLarens contract situation?

(And I owe you a big thank you, one of the few things that could get me out of my funk is talk about getting rid of boyle )

Last edited by gobolt7: 07-31-2007 at 03:41 PM.
Old
07-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Korky94

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
what is McLarens contract situation?
according to this website: http://www.nhlnumbers.com/sjs.html McLaren's cap hit is 2.5 mil/season and is signed through 08/09
edit: and shows pavelski at .850 mil/season through 07/08

Old
07-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Hockeyfan02

Value wise, the trade is decent. I'm not a big fan of Mclaren though. I've always thought he's overrated and a bit slow. From San Jose, I'd try to get Carle or Bernier instead of Pavelski. Bernier would be a perfect fit with Richards. Carle would replace Boyle as the Lightning don't have a defenseman that can replace his production.

Old
07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Korky94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
From San Jose, I'd try to get Carle or Bernier instead of Pavelski.
The Sharks are pretty set on keeping their young talent (ie: Bernier and Carle), but I figure they could offer up Pavelski because the Sharks have always been pretty stong at center and by drafting the Couture this summer, Pavelski seems pretty expendable. However, I do understand that you have to give up talent to get talent. So, may I present counter offer of:

Erhoff
Pavelski
and a Conditional 2nd rounder in 08

for

Boyle

Unlike McLaren, Erhoff could replace Boyle's production. He super fast and has a cannon from the blue line, and if he could learn to aim a little better could be DEADLY!!! I'd hate to see Erhoff go, but if that's what it takes to get Boyle, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

Closed Thread