Kunitz

Old
07-31-2007, 11:09 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown2Chistov View Post
I never said that kunitz couldent play on the first line, my beef with kunitz is everyone is such a mark for him but I dont understand why, at one point burke put him on waviers then when our line up when to hell we got him back off of waviers. I know hes a good back checker and hustles, his price tag as it stands now makes me understand why hes there too, but like you pointed out moen,may, kunitz??? out of those three kunitz is the only choice for 1lw. Now that that line will have mac todd and kunitz I hope todd can put up temmu numbers cause Kuntiz aint gonna but I know everyone around here does.
Kunitz is talented, very talented. That's why everyone is "such a mark for him." Bringing up the waivers thing with Kunie is moot. It was how he played when he came back. Players improve and Kunie keeps improving. If it was such a case as "we need a better LW but Kunitz is all we've got" than Burke would have gotten one. The fact is: Kunitz is good and he was great with Mac and Teemu. He was also great with Getzy on 4-on-4. Proved to be a pretty good PKer too. You've got to use your eyes when it comes to Kunitz because it's all there. There's nothing flukey about his game.

Can you concede to me this at least that Kunitz is better than Chistov? I had to stop myself from saying much, much better but that's because I don't want to upset you. But seriously, is there any doubt anymore? I'd hope that being a marginal player on two different teams would finally disspell that misconception.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Can you concede to me this at least that Kunitz is better than Chistov?
Last off-season I'd have debated that.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
BowDown2Chistov

Send a message via AIM to BowDown2Chistov
Quote:
Kunitz is talented, very talented. That's why everyone is "such a mark for him." Bringing up the waivers thing with Kunie is moot. It was how he played when he came back. Players improve and Kunie keeps improving. If it was such a case as "we need a better LW but Kunitz is all we've got" than Burke would have gotten one. The fact is: Kunitz is good and he was great with Mac and Teemu. He was also great with Getzy on 4-on-4. Proved to be a pretty good PKer too. You've got to use your eyes when it comes to Kunitz because it's all there. There's nothing flukey about his game.

Can you concede to me this at least that Kunitz is better than Chistov? I had to stop myself from saying much, much better but that's because I don't want to upset you. But seriously, is there any doubt anymore? I'd hope that being a marginal player on two different teams would finally disspell that misconception.

Ill say it as of today Kunitz is much better then chistov, but I think chistov has the pontenial to be alot better then kunitz but weither that ever happens is a different story.

BowDown2Chistov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Why do I like Kunitz? Here is one reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3Qv5IXBXI&mode=related&search=

I can watch this a thousand times...and I have. lol

Kunie is our legit first line LW. He is GOOD! I love how he plays.

Ducksforcup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 12:05 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
Why do I like Kunitz? Here is one reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N3Qv...elated&search=

I can watch this a thousand times...and I have. lol
Ruutu gave up his lunch money.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akingnomore07 View Post
This is a question for everyone...

Do you know any other players that are 6'0 or under that can forecheck as much and produce as many points that Kunitz has?
Brian Gionta

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Zymergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDown2Chistov View Post
.... my beef with kunitz is everyone is such a mark for him but I dont understand why....
There are people who make an impact in the spotlight and there are those who make an impact in the shadows. Kunitz is one of those people who makes an impact in the shadows and you only notice what he did when he is gone.

When Kunitz got injured our #1 line dropped significantly in output. Watching that line play without Kunitz really showed me what he brought to that line that I had not seen before. He is a very important part of that line even if most people, myself included, don't really notice many things he does on the ice when next to such spotlight grabbing players of Mac and Selanne.

Zymergist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 09:16 AM
lfchockey*

Do you think Kunitz will continue to produce if Selanne doesn't come back? Would he remain on the first line?

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post
Do you think Kunitz will continue to produce if Selanne doesn't come back? Would he remain on the first line?
Probably remain with McDonald simply because Kunitz is the best complement to McDonald that the Ducks have on the left side. He has the wheels and he has some skill.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 10:49 AM
abax44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymergist View Post
There are people who make an impact in the spotlight and there are those who make an impact in the shadows. Kunitz is one of those people who makes an impact in the shadows and you only notice what he did when he is gone.

When Kunitz got injured our #1 line dropped significantly in output. Watching that line play without Kunitz really showed me what he brought to that line that I had not seen before. He is a very important part of that line even if most people, myself included, don't really notice many things he does on the ice when next to such spotlight grabbing players of Mac and Selanne.
When he got hurt the #1 LW position was a revolving door, that's why production dropped. I think if you leave Kunitz, Penner (if he's on the team come tomorrow) or Bertuzzi there all season that line will be successful.

If Penner had Kunitz's aggression...damn.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 10:55 AM
abax44

Quote:
Todd Bertuzzi is a RW, he was signed to replace Teemu. If Penner leaves than our remaining LW's are Kunie, Moen, May and _____. When Chris got hurt in the playoffs it disrupted the whole forward lines and no one could fill that spot properly (though Marchy did a hell of a job).

If our top line required a better LW, Burkie would have gotten one. There's a reason he didn't.

Burke tried picking up a big lw at last years trade deadline. Bertuzzi, Tkachuk, Guerin...all can play LW. I doubt he wanted Bert last season to replace Perry on the 2nd line, Tkachuk to take McD's spot or Guerin instead of Selanne on that top line. Let's face it, the "weakest link" on the top line is Kunitz.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote