HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

What's up with the NP homepage?

Old
07-31-2007, 11:49 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

vCash: 500
What's up with the NP homepage?

And the forums? They have been offline for most of the morning.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
handtrick

they have been fine for me...have you been using the new URL of:

http://predators.nhl.com/

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:12 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
the page loads fine for me too

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Ok well the homepage is back but the forums arent. Maybe by posting this they will come back like the homepage.

Old
07-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Ok well the homepage is back but the forums arent. Maybe by posting this they will come back like the homepage.
Try using the URL of http://boards.nashvillepredators.com

If you are using a bookmark, check the address...previously the URL contained "/forums" at the end of it, but that will no longer get you to the messageboards.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 01:06 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Yup thats the one I have been using. I get some cPanel screen. This is what I get.

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

Old
07-31-2007, 03:49 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Yup thats the one I have been using. I get some cPanel screen. This is what I get.

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.
I got that for a little while this morning and now it's back to normal. Try refreshing.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Sorry I should have posted that it came back after a while. Thanks.

Old
08-01-2007, 09:20 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Everyone knows the boards here are better anyways!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Yes. That is definitely true.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 06:55 AM
GLARES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
I like the Nashville Predator's board more.

GLARES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.RUUTU37 View Post
I like the Nashville Predator's board more.
why? what do you see there that you like better than here? (seriously)

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
GLARES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
why? what do you see there that you like better than here? (seriously)
more Predators fans and more posts (about the Preds), the HFboards are great to talk about the NHL and hockey in general but the Preds board is better if you want to talk about the Preds.

By the way are you a member on the Preds board?

http://boards.nashvillepredators.com/

Old
08-03-2007, 08:34 AM
lstcyr

I'm not. I just think the discussion here is better.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 08:40 AM
GLARES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I'm not. I just think the discussion here is better.
Be a member on both boards.

Old
08-03-2007, 08:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I got with HF boards, NP boards, and hockeybuzz. HF for the general NHL discussion, NP about the Preds, and Buzz for the hate.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 09:00 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I started out on the NP.com boards, and was a regular there for a couple of years...basically until I found this board as a better place to talk with intelligent people.

there's simply too much ra-ra on that other board, and the groupthink gets frustrating.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I started out on the NP.com boards, and was a regular there for a couple of years...basically until I found this board as a better place to talk with intelligent people.

there's simply too much ra-ra on that other board, and the groupthink gets frustrating.
Agreed. I like the level of conversation over here much better due to the lack of "rah-rah" type posts and the abundance of honest hockey conversation.

I've began to post recently on NP.com, but honestly I'm frustrated with the lack of true responses to my posts. Generally, I'll post something only to see it get buried in a series of one-liners and totally ignored. Here when you post something...generally people respond to you. There is much more conversation here and that's what I think many of us are here for.

Heck, the attitude difference is very clear in some of our posters that post on both boards. Not to single anyone out, but if you read Handtrick's posts here they are usually very informative and well-thought out. While over on the NP.com boards HT still makes a lot of hockey related posts, but also is involved in much of the social conversation that goes back and forth there because that is simply the atmosphere on the boards.

Old
08-03-2007, 08:44 PM
handtrick

I post on both boards for different reasons as SLake alluded to.

The hockey discussion here is definitely better for the most part, because of an intelligent core of Pred fans here, but also the informative other teams fans that can give a less biased, although sometimes less informed point of view at times.
You also, have to put up with a few haters here, but the trolls are much better managed by the mods, and for the most part people are pretty respectful.

I still know more people from the NP.com boards personally, because I see them more at the games, and one thing I would encourage more of you knowledgeable Pred fans to do is post over there.
Despite all the "social discussion," there is a fair bit of educating the masses of "new hockey fans" that goes on over there, especially on "Pred303's observation" thread which we try to keep as "hockey-related talk only" since it is basically unmoderated over there. I have seen the metamorphasis of a number of hockey fans over there over the past couple years from starting as very newbie and green to know much more knowledgable.
I think many more of you should think about it almost as a "community service" to come over there, at least on the "observations" thread and talk good hockey talk, because most everyone that goes on that board at all, monitors that thread, even if they don't feel hockey knowledgable enough to join in the discussion on that thread, just to learn more about what they are seeing during the game.

Another reason I go post over there is for the playful banter that a number of us have together, which is probably what SLake was mainly refering to with me in particular. It gets old all day being serious about people telling me about their medical problems all day, and it is a way to help keep me in a upbeat mood, kind of a diversion throughout the day. It helps the fun-loving side of me during those long hours in the office.

The final reason that I can think of is I love to pull the village idiot's, "Cold Chicory" chain. As Enoch has seen recently, he is a piece of work, and as much as he proposes and obsesses about size and weight of our players being the be all and end of what we need for success even to the point of proposing a dcore of:
Henry/Weber
Stehlik/Devries
Suter/Hamhuis
for next year.....I just can't let that go uncountered, because when no one does, the newbies cease to continue to try to watch the game at a deeper level, and tend to get all hot and bothered to jump on his bandwagon of drastic overhaul of the team.

Anyway, quite the rambling post, I know, but 'all y'all' try to think about more than yourself when you think about where you might consider sharing your considerable hockey knowledge. Share the wealth, man.....that is what living in a "non-traditional hockey market" is all about.

Last edited by handtrick: 08-03-2007 at 08:51 PM.
handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I post on both boards for different reasons as SLake alluded to.

The hockey discussion here is definitely better for the most part, because of an intelligent core of Pred fans here, but also the informative other teams fans that can give a less biased, although sometimes less informed point of view at times.
You also, have to put up with a few haters here, but the trolls are much better managed by the mods, and for the most part people are pretty respectful.

I still know more people from the NP.com boards personally, because I see them more at the games, and one thing I would encourage more of you knowledgeable Pred fans to do is post over there.
Despite all the "social discussion," there is a fair bit of educating the masses of "new hockey fans" that goes on over there, especially on "Pred303's observation" thread which we try to keep as "hockey-related talk only" since it is basically unmoderated over there. I have seen the metamorphasis of a number of hockey fans over there over the past couple years from starting as very newbie and green to know much more knowledgable.
I think many more of you should think about it almost as a "community service" to come over there, at least on the "observations" thread and talk good hockey talk, because most everyone that goes on that board at all, monitors that thread, even if they don't feel hockey knowledgable enough to join in the discussion on that thread, just to learn more about what they are seeing during the game.

Another reason I go post over there is for the playful banter that a number of us have together, which is probably what SLake was mainly refering to with me in particular. It gets old all day being serious about people telling me about their medical problems all day, and it is a way to help keep me in a upbeat mood, kind of a diversion throughout the day. It helps the fun-loving side of me during those long hours in the office.

The final reason that I can think of is I love to pull the village idiot's, "Cold Chicory" chain. As Enoch has seen recently, he is a piece of work, and as much as he proposes and obsesses about size and weight of our players being the be all and end of what we need for success even to the point of proposing a dcore of:
Henry/Weber
Stehlik/Devries
Suter/Hamhuis
for next year.....I just can't let that go uncountered, because when no one does, the newbies cease to continue to try to watch the game at a deeper level, and tend to get all hot and bothered to jump on his bandwagon of drastic overhaul of the team.

Anyway, quite the rambling post, I know, but 'all y'all' try to think about more than yourself when you think about where you might consider sharing your considerable hockey knowledge. Share the wealth, man.....that is what living in a "non-traditional hockey market" is all about.
Well written and again I didn't mean to single you out, but you are one of the more promient posters that frequents both boards that I could use and people here would relate to.

Although I have not posted over on the NP.com boards a lot in the past, I have always followed the "Observations from Box 3" thread and enjoyed reading it. I highly recommend the thread for reading by even the most knowledgeable posters because I truly believe the conversation in there will teach everyone a thing or two now and again.

I really think the mods here deserve a lot of credit for the way they do keep this board truly hockey-related only and inviting for fans from all over the world to post without allowing personal attacks, spam, or the like go on. Thanks also has to go to all of our posters too that make this board as great as it is.

Oh, yeah about ColdChicory...the poster is a certifiable fool IMO. Yesterday in the "Observations" thread CC made the outlandish post stating our defense pairings should be as printed above and Handtrick actually agreed with some of the points brought up by CC, but also threw out that the lineup couldn't possibly work for next season and suggested some potential pairings for the future. CC jumped down HT's throat about the pairings, yet Trigg posted the same exact pairings a few posts later - only Trigg had switched the left-right defensemen around - and CC was singing Trigg's praises. Chicory is one poster that I have to say I do not enjoy reading much of, but at least the posts are actually thought out and relatively well written which provides all of us with a polar opposite of our current situation for a little perspective.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 08-03-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old
08-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Pred303

i've always liked these boards... and would post more often if i could access them while at work..

the posters here generally see a really good hockey game, without a doubt the hockey intelligence level here is far higher on average than the np.com boards of course.. far higher..

but as handtrick mentioned... i (and trig and handtrick and a few others) have come to almost feel a civic responisbility to remain on np.com.. the young, new hockey fans coming on there everyday have to have some people talking intelligent hockey the right way to them.. many are literally starving for hockey insight and ideas and what to look for.. many simply want to learn the game and will listen.. if all of us that know hockey, simply abandon them to talk hockey among ourselves, we're doing many a great disservice in my opinion... someone has to counter the negativism and pessimism and stupidness of the coldchicory's and abaddon's and many others or we'll lose hundreds of promising young hockey fans to ignorance..

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 10:49 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Plus the firewalls don't block me from posting there at work, like they do here....

I've had my good arguements with CC, they've seemed to calm down now though.

Last edited by triggrman: 08-03-2007 at 11:03 PM.
triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 02:43 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I personally never registered/posted over on the other board. Thought about it a few times but browsing through it I honestly wasn't interested in most the talk that went on.

And now that I'm over in Taiwan and can't see any games my hockey talk is falling off because it's kind of hard to talk about something you can't see, so no real reason to post over there for myself.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:04 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

303 and HT and other do a great service for us who aren't as knowledgeable in hockey. I understand the team at an organizational level, but when if comes to finer points of play and skill I leave that to the many people who double up from here to there. What many people on HF don't see is that there is a willing audience who want to learn and in their exuberance they tend to stray from straight hockey talk. Yes, there are morons but they tend to be ignored quickly. I know there's a lot here who ignore the NP boards because it's not always straight hockey talk but not all of us learn on our daddy's knee at the rink or ever parents who hated sports.

Most of us are new to the sports but we love it and want to know more about it and I wish more of the HF posters would come. Right now, some of us NP boys and girls have gotten their hockey education from Barry Trotz and 303. It would be nice to get another (EDUCATED) hockey view or two. I think if there was there were more crossover the erratic conversations would be toned down.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 01:18 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The NP boards are a great distraction with some occasional hockey discussion. With the constants of ColdChickory and his size fetish and the never ending puckbunny threads the boards there can get frustrating to say the least. There are a few threads there that are worth reading on a constant basis and one or two that should remain just for comic value. The sad truth is that no matter what a message board will never remain 100% on topic or focus on topics that you may want to partake in, not even these boards.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote