HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Quit blaming and bashing Canuck fans....

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 01:13 AM
ohlund2.2

vCash: 500
Noticably absent are Brad May, Wade Brookbank, and for obvious reasons, Todd Bertuzzi..

Old
03-09-2004, 01:14 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
Luongo, theres actually been two fans here that have supported Bertuzzis actions. The only name that comes to mind is Ol' Dirty Chinaman. I never had a problem with the guy before, but I really wish he were here right now. Not gonna say anything else on that subject.

As for Bertuzzi himself, I can't imagine what was going through his head, he's always been a dirty player, but he never did anything approaching this. Of course, I can't remember anyone doing something approaching this. I fully expect some legal action here, not sure what exactly. Anything less than a lifetime ban from playing for Bertuzzi would expose the NHL for the money grubbing organization we all know it is.
McSorely, Johnson, Hunter and Granato weren't issued life time bans.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:16 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlund2.2
Noticably absent are Brad May, Wade Brookbank, and for obvious reasons, Todd Bertuzzi..
I had no problem with Brookbank and May... they fought everyone from the front.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks-R-best
so if one person defends it its okay to call all canuck fans and players classless? Believe me if Bert never plays a game again I would not care, dirty hits like that should not be aloud, that was disgusting
Again, from what I have seen, the 'Nucks fans on this board have been completely realistic regarding the severity of this event. Very classy so far if you ask me.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:19 AM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks-R-best
so if one person defends it its okay to call all canuck fans and players classless? Believe me if Bert never plays a game again I would not care, dirty hits like that should not be aloud, that was disgusting

No, of course not. I never said or implied that. If you read what i've posted on other threads regarding this, i've praised the majority of Nuck fans, who have been very cool about the whole thing.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:23 AM
PecaFan

I've seen one fan defend Bert and say "way to go". I'm very proud of my fellow Canuck fans.

This was a pathetic act, and Bert will be punished severely.

Moore was conscious before leaving the arena, so hopefully he'll be just fine.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Red

Just though I'd chime in from my perspective as I was at the game tonight. I was I'm not going to excuse the people who cheered when Moore was down (because IMO you should never do that no matter how innocent it appears), but honestly, no one in the building saw what happened or knew the extent of Moore's injury. People saw Bertuzzi on top of Moore and cheered and then when he was down, everyone assumed he was just winded. A replay was never shown either. The main reason people were cheering anyway was because Hedberg was challenging Abby. By the time it became apparent that Moore was seriously hurt, I didn't hear a single person cheer that Moore was down or boo when he was taken off the ice.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Natural Habs Fan

Obviously what Bertuzzi did IS NOT a reflection of the people of Vancouver and the majority of Canucks fans.

People are just mad right now and others are thick headed.

C'est la vie. Hopefully Moore will be ok and Bertuzzi will get the boot for the rest of the year. Todd better be prepared to issue an apology for what he did.

Old
03-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Obviously what Bertuzzi did IS NOT a reflection of the people of Vancouver and the majority of Canucks fans.

People are just mad right now and others are thick headed.

C'est la vie. Hopefully Moore will be ok and Bertuzzi will get the boot for the rest of the year. Todd better be prepared to issue an apology for what he did.
There have been a lot of Canuck fans that have demanded retribution since the Näslund hit. And now when they got it they look to clean their hands because they don't like themselves being part of the atmosphere that pushed Bertuzzi to assault someone.

They just got what they wanted. And the Canuck fans that wanted Canucks getting back at Moore (by headhunting) now wishes that he is ok. Pathetic.

Last edited by Freudian: 03-09-2004 at 04:22 AM.
Old
03-09-2004, 06:08 AM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
There have been a lot of Canuck fans that have demanded retribution since the Näslund hit. And now when they got it they look to clean their hands because they don't like themselves being part of the atmosphere that pushed Bertuzzi to assault someone.

They just got what they wanted. And the Canuck fans that wanted Canucks getting back at Moore (by headhunting) now wishes that he is ok. Pathetic.
Well, no Canuck fan in this forum that I know of is trying to wash his/her hands of anything because that is not neccessary. A Red Wing fan started a thread on our board about how he was disappointed in our team for not taking revenge for the Naslund hit during the 5-5 game. Guess what the general concensus amongst our posters was? The general concensus was that retribution was of minimal priority to us whereas winning the division was of the utmost importance.
I think a grand total of one, maybe two posts along the lines of "prediction: Moore carried out on a stretcher" somehow found their way into our gameday thread that day. They were quickly refuted by an Avs fan and no one else argued back because they were obviously stupid comments...

I have to finish this tomorrow (sleeping pill kicking in)

Old
03-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staze19
Well, no Canuck fan in this forum that I know of is trying to wash his/her hands of anything because that is not neccessary. A Red Wing fan started a thread on our board about how he was disappointed in our team for not taking revenge for the Naslund hit during the 5-5 game. Guess what the general concensus amongst our posters was? The general concensus was that retribution was of minimal priority to us whereas winning the division was of the utmost importance.
I think a grand total of one, maybe two posts along the lines of "prediction: Moore carried out on a stretcher" somehow found their way into our gameday thread that day. They were quickly refuted by an Avs fan and no one else argued back because they were obviously stupid comments...

I have to finish this tomorrow (sleeping pill kicking in)
I'm not saying most fans are responsible. But when you have an atmosphere where the players, coach, GM, talk radio hosts, journalists and rabid fans demand retribution, it is not unexpected something ugly will happen.

Many Canuckfans have been nothing but classy throughout the whole thing, so I am definately not trying to generalize here.

But if I did some search on these forums I bet I can find 10-15 Canuckfans wishing Bertuzzi would run over/kill/mangle Moore. It might have been said without much thought, but to me it is poor taste to go "Gee, i wanted something to happen to Moore but not this" afterwards.

Personally I don't want anyone trying to chop off Bertuzzis head after this. Stupid crap with retaliation will only spin out of control and those that want to portray hockey as a game of mindless violence will have a field day. Which is not what hockey needs.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:45 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

I think most Canuck fans think what Bertuzzi did was terrible. I wonder how many games he'll get?

Old
03-09-2004, 06:51 AM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
I think most Canuck fans think what Bertuzzi did was terrible. I wonder how many games he'll get?
Just saw the hit.. and damn... I personally hopes he gets the rest of the year, and some playoff time, if not all..

Old
03-09-2004, 06:55 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
Just saw the hit.. and damn... I personally hopes he gets the rest of the year, and some playoff time, if not all..
It's an unfortunate situation and the NHL will probably make an example out of Bertuzzi.

Leave the bench = 10 games
Sucker punch and smash head in ice => ???

Old
03-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Liquidrage*

Clearly Bertuzzi only did this because of the Canuck fans.
They were the ones pushing for Moore to be hurt. They were the one's sending Bertuzzi text messages and IM's asking for him to cheap shot Moore.

I don't see who else we could blame.
Certainly not the guy that actually did it.
No, this one is squarely on the shoulders of the fans.

Old
03-09-2004, 06:59 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
They were the ones pushing for Moore to be hurt. They were the one's sending Bertuzzi text messages and IM's asking for him to cheap shot Moore.

Well, this thread cannot end well now...

Old
03-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooker
Why are there so many ignorant people here blaming the Canuck fans and bashing them? Why all of a sudden are the Canucks the most dirty team ever?
Yeah, it's annoying isn't it?

Old
03-09-2004, 08:11 AM
BCCHL inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage

...And Brad May putting a bounty on Moore's head, and the game being 8-2 at the time had nothing to do with it?

Old
03-09-2004, 08:21 AM
mmk786

Well how come throwing beer and trash on opposing players is so fashionable in vancouver? They did that on several occasions against the Minnesota Wild last year and now this case with Peter Worrell.

Is management not stringent enough on this or what?

Old
03-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
I have to agree. If they allow Bertuzzi back for the playoffs, it's just a slap on the wrist.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Youreallygotme

OMG they werent cheering the injury. dont ever say that again. They were cheering because they thought it was just another fight, another brawl. Everybody who phoned in to sportstalk said the same thing we're saying, and they are usually at the game. And the people who threw beer were probably really drunk. Ive seen it before around the league in the past ten years or so.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Sotnos

This is drifting over to the same topic as the main thread, so it's done.

Closed Thread