HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who else is left?

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 11:57 PM
BigPoppa

vCash: 500
Who else is left?

I would say that now that the Blues are in eigth they become buyers. ill admit last week i was screaming sell, but the recent addition of Sillinger seems to have had a positive effect on the team, and they have closed the gap (those two events may be completely unrelated, but IMO Sillinger is doing well so far).

The question now is who else is left. The only moves that the Blues have made are Weinrich and Sillinger, and although both have had a decent impact for what the Blues gave up, are still minor acquisitions. The Blues need to do something in the next few hours, but what?

I have heard Rucinsky, but again that would be minor. I have heard Bure, but would LP take him on again, and maybe resign the guy next year. If Bure can produce on Florida, i think he could return to his Calgary form if he played with weight all season. And Oneill is hurt now, should the Blues still take a chance he will be ok for playoffs?

LA has just acquired Anson Carter, so everyone knows that they are gonna make a drive at the spot, i truly believe that the Blues have to answer the call and swing a deal.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:41 AM
c-carp

I think they will do something, but I would rather stand pat than aquire Val Bure again. That guy is spineless.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Irish Blues

According to Goold's article, the Panthers called us about taking Bure (again) and Pleau said no.

I get the feeling that either nothing will happen or you'll see 3 or more deals with the Blues, including one "major" deal after noon.

03-09-2004, 02:02 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
According to Goold's article, the Panthers called us about taking Bure (again) and Pleau said no.

I get the feeling that either nothing will happen or you'll see 3 or more deals with the Blues, including one "major" deal after noon.
If Larry would have sais yes to Bure, I would have wanted him fired on the spot after seeing what Bure is all about last year.

Would your major deal have something to do with triiming a little Weight if it goes that way.

Old
03-09-2004, 07:30 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Would your major deal have something to do with triiming a little Weight if it goes that way.
Um.....yes. Weight has been a *huge* disappointment this season, and as much as we can talk about his great playoff performance last year, he's been invisible most nights. Utterly pathetic, and as much as a drag he'll be on salaries for this team in the future, I say cut him loose and let him shine somewhere else.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:57 AM
BigPoppa

I have to disagree with most people on the boards that say deal Weight. He is one of the most complete players on the Blues. Everyone goes on about how he has been a huge disappointment this season, but you have to consider the situation. For most of the season Weight has been on the ice alone. When a player like Weight is skating with wingers like he has, its not hard to shut him down completely.

If Tkachuk was put in the same situation (ie. if you put him on the ice with say Rycroft and Ryan Johnson), players that are not much of a threat, Tkachuk too would be a huge "disappointment".

Old
03-09-2004, 12:13 PM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Does anyone have any insight as if the Ducks are to be sellers or buyers or stand-pats at this point?

I'm not talking about Keith Carney, but what if St. Louis were to inquire about the services of Rob Niedermayer? True, "Special Nieds" has been one of the most frustrating players in years with his talent vs. his offensive output, but he was absolute dynamite for the Ducks in last year's run. I'd think a Colin Hemingway would cover that nicely.

Closed Thread