HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matt Ellison signed

Old
08-03-2007, 12:52 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Matt Ellison signed

I thought he already was signed. 2 way contract so I assume he will be with the Ads, hoping for a call-up.

http://predators.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=335586

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 01:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I thought he already was signed. 2 way contract so I assume he will be with the Ads, hoping for a call-up.

and i'll be here, hoping he doesn't get it.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
and i'll be here, hoping he doesn't get it.
He'll be good enough to make the Preds next year........thanks Peter Forsberg and Jim Balsilie! lol. Hopefully the new budget is better than the clean house budget.....

Seriously, he's not that bad - he's been on really bad teams.....Red Deer will teach you something.....

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iso Koivu View Post
He'll be good enough to make the Preds next year........thanks Peter Forsberg and Jim Balsilie! lol.
Please explain.

Jarnberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
He'll be good enough to make the Preds next year........thanks Peter Forsberg and Jim Balsilie! lol. Hopefully the new budget is better than the clean house budget.....

Seriously, he's not that bad - he's been on really bad teams.....Red Deer will teach you something.....
Umm...I think you are seriously underestimating our roster. If that is not the case, I agree with Stranger that you need to explain yourself.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 09:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

Sullivan Arnott Dumont
Radulov Legwand Erat
Fiddler Bonk Gelinas
Ortmeyer Nichol Tootoo

Where do you envision him making the team?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 11:32 PM
FanGirl10

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post

Me too. Did we just have the option on him before? As in, we get first dibs? I just remember reading about him almost immediately post season...

FanGirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Umm...I think you are seriously underestimating our roster. If that is not the case, I agree with Stranger that you need to explain yourself.
The 3rd and 4th line are marginal NHL'ers......Gelinas and Bonk were probably only wanted by a third of the league and only because of past performance......Tootoo is like any other young thug.....

Unless Forsberg heals, signs with Nashville and gives a couple good years, they made the Flyers much better for nothing......Balsilie brought his circus to Nashville long enough to expose the lack of fan base (hopefully opens some local eyes) to the rest of the hockey world.....

Maybe Ellison was sent to nashville because Holmgren felt bad that Forsberg, the team and the owner tanked......

The future looks bright......

.....pray for Tavares.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:20 AM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
The 3rd and 4th line are marginal NHL'ers......Gelinas and Bonk were probably only wanted by a third of the league and only because of past performance......Tootoo is like any other young thug.....

Unless Forsberg heals, signs with Nashville and gives a couple good years, they made the Flyers much better for nothing......Balsilie brought his circus to Nashville long enough to expose the lack of fan base (hopefully opens some local eyes) to the rest of the hockey world.....

Maybe Ellison was sent to nashville because Holmgren felt bad that Forsberg, the team and the owner tanked......

.....pray for Tavares.
Other than some mosterous trade, a rash of injuries more devestating than the 05-06 Preds and 03-04 Kings combined, along with a little lottery luck, or a serious drop in Tavares' stock, I'm not seeing him being available to the Preds.

I do not think the above linup is that of a bottom five team. And if Bonk and Gelinas were only wanted by a third of the league, it could be because two thirds of the league couldn't justify getting them into their cap and/or had those positions set on their rosters.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
jstreet
The downward spiral

vCash: 285
Quote:

.....pray for Tavares.
thanks clown, I needed a good chuckle.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
I'll agree that players like Fiddler, Nichol, Smithson and Tootoo are marginal NHLers, but I'd disagree on Ortmeyer, Bonk and Gelinas. However, I don't see Ellison making the team over those players listed above. See, there is something you have to factor into setting a roster. You know, contracts. Most internet fan boys who know nothing about the NHL fantasize about rosters based on their ideals. People who actually look into things a little more in depth realize that some players have two way contracts and others do not. Matt Ellison has a two way contract and will be playing in Milwaukee unless some players with one way contracts are traded or the team picks up injuries. Mat Ellison was brought in for organizational depth.

Quote:
Unless Forsberg heals, signs with Nashville and gives a couple good years, they made the Flyers much better for nothing......
First of all, what does Forsberg have to do with Ellison making the team? Oh I see, you're one of those people that think Nashville gave up their future for Forsberg. Guess what, we're one of the few teams in the NHL who can afford to give up a player like Parent. Because we still have Weber, Hamhuis, Suter and have prospects like Franson, Klein, Laakso, etc. waiting in the wings. Upshall had no chance on this team. You act like the Forsberg trade gave up 5 roster spots. The only spot given up was Upshall, who was either injured or a healthy scratch with the Predators. He's a good player, but was buried behind depth here.

Quote:
Balsilie brought his circus to Nashville long enough to expose the lack of fan base (hopefully opens some local eyes) to the rest of the hockey world.....
The hockey media and internet fan boys knew about Nashville's attendance long before Balsillie screwed up his bid to buy the team. The internet fan boys sit around averaging attendance normalized to 1920 average attendance rates and arena sizes, calculating hot dog costs and making ridiculous claims.

And again, just for clarification, what does Balsillie have to do with Matt Ellison making this team?

Quote:
You really have no clue about hockey or hockey matters. Players aren't traded because GM's feel sorry for others. Otherwise, the rest of the league last year would have traded all their prospects and stars to teams like Toronto and Philadelphia, because they were a sorry sight to see.

Quote:
You bet it does.

Jarnberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:04 AM
TehBBA

From a Flyers fan, this guy was useless on our AHL squad. I wish him luck in Milwaukee, he's going to need it.

TehBBA is offline   Reply With Quote