HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers re-sign Marcel Hossa-1 year/$780,000

Old
08-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Not much of a Hossa fan...

but I agree with FLY...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 06:20 PM
shoothepuck

For the $'s and 1 year, the deal is ok. Hossa is what he is. The potential to do better is there, and he improves the 4th line. His PK is good, and he has shown that he can be used in other situations as needed. We need to remember it's Marcel, not Marion.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
We need to remember it's Marcel, not Marion.
Can we just agree on one thing? Not one person who is not in love with Marcel has EVER compared him to his brother. The "Marion" defense is frequently thrown by the Hossa backers as reasons why he is disliked. The truth of the matter is that NO ONE cares whose brother he is. I could care less that he is Marion's brother or if he was cloned from the genes of Gordie Howe.

Track back to as many threads as you want, but I doubt that you will ever find anyone comparing the two. Correction, there was a thread by JOrts that was titled "Do we have the better Hossa brother" at one point, but can we please consider the source?

No matter how strongly you feel about Marcel, could the old and completely useless defense of "People do not like him becuase he is not his brother" please be dropped from debates? It is a point that no one brings up when stating reasons as to why they may not think that Hossa is a good player.

Like I said, I could care less if he is Marion's brother, George Bush's brother or one of the Brothers Grimm. To me he is Marcel Hossa and that particular name, aside from a few all-too brief shiny moments, has been a name that is synonomous with sheer mediocrity. And that has nothing to do with Marion and everything to do with Marcel.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
You have always had some werid man love for hossa, so your bias opnion does not count.
so your biased opinion counts more?

you aren't exactly Switzerland...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 08:57 PM
BklyNYR4Life

Im perfectly happy with what Hossa brings to the team. his PK game is good, he has the size and tenacity to go into the corners and play an honest game on the 4th line. hell, with the way he played with Nylander and Jagr on the top line down the stretch last season, you could have argued with him getting a chance at keeping that spot this coming season (this is before drury and gomez were on board, and finally set not having wingers occaisonally play in the middle). if anything he'll give renney some depth within the lineup to move him around if there are injuries.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 06:27 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
so your biased opinion counts more?

you aren't exactly Switzerland...
I never claimed I was Switzerland, My opnion is the one that counts because, Im right!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Like the signing, he has potential, this is the year he needs to stand out.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote