Notices

Trade Prosposal - BUF/DAL

Old
08-03-2007, 01:35 AM
mgeise

vCash: 500
Trade Prosposal - BUF/DAL

To Buffalo - D Philippe Boucher, F Steve Ott, W Niklas Hagman

To Dallas - RW Jason Pominville, D Jaroslav Spacek, defencive prospect (D Chris Butler), 3rd round pick in 2007

Gets us some physicality and PP help from our defence, and some solid bottom 6 guys. Hagman would look great on our third line, and Ott could be a solid 4th line agitator for us.

Gives you a top 6 sniper who is good for 25+ goals a year, a defenceman who can replace some of the things lost with Boucher's departure if he's on his game (points, decent physicality, mobility, experience), a prospect who looks NHL bound in 2-4 seasons, and a pick.

What do you think??

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
What are the cap hits on the guys the Stars get in return? They're giving up about $4.1 million total in cap hit, and they don't want to take on any more salary.

Pominville is intruiguing. What's his salary structure? However, they do not need any more d-prospects. They have Grossman and Daley already up with Fistric, Niskanen, Khomistski and Visnevsky all closing in on the NHL roster. A forward (especially wing) prospect would be much more desirable.

The deal intruiges me, but Dallas will probably see this as an overpayment. Boucher, with his salary to production ratio, is one of the most valuable trade chips out there on defense. Hagman is one of their do-it-all forwards who has, again, a great cap contract and Ott is penciled in to center the fourth line after an injury-plagued season.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 01:56 AM
mgeise

Pominville - signed for two more seasons with a $1,033,333 cap hit in both seasons
Spacek - signed for two more seasons with a $3,333,333 cap hit in both seasons
Butler - playing for Denver in the WCHA

The salaries are about a wash, you guys are taking on almost $300,000 in salary. It's about equal.

Pominville is very similar to Boucher in terms of production compared to salary. Pominville plays the PP, PK, is defencively aware, has an outstanding shot, and is a low-maintenance player. The only reason why he isn't an untouchable for this franchise is because Drew Stafford and Maxim Afinogenov are also exclusively right wings, and Pominville could be under-utilized on our third line this upcoming season.

In terms of wing prospects, we are kinda thin. On defence, we have a logjam of guys either in the AHL or playing elsewhere (Andrej Sekera, Mike Funk, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Mike Card, Chris Butler, Alex Biega, Dennis Persson, TJ Brennan, Mike Weber, Vyacheslav Buravchikov). I would be willing to part with Dan Paille, who is a pretty good wing prospect, but I don't think you guys would be too interested in him, as you already have a ton of 3rd and 4th line playrs. We could possibly upgrade the pick from a 3rd round pick to a 2nd and take out the prospect, but we really can't give up any forward prospects right now.

mgeise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 05:15 AM
Svensken

I do it. I like Boucher and Hagman is very underrated but damn Spacek is a old favorite of mine and Pominville fkn rocks, just what the stars needs a offensive young dude.

Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 05:36 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
maybe we could trade Spacek for Ryder a week for the season starts

Pominville would be great, but i'm not sure if it's worth also taking Spacek with his contract and his "great defense"

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 06:43 AM
BigG44

vCash: 475
To Buffalo: D Philippe Boucher, F Steve Ott, F Niklas Hagman, F Vojtech Polak

To Dallas: F Jason Pominville, F Drew Stafford, D Michael Funk

Funk has time to develop in Iowa and, along with Grossman, a defenseman like Khomitski or Fistric gets a chance in Dallas.

Last edited by BigG44: 08-03-2007 at 08:22 AM.
BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
toastman344*

jason pominville is going nowhere

toastman344* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Troy McClure

You want Hagman? Sorry, that's a dealbreaker.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Starsdude

Done

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
tony d
The franchise

Good deal from the perspective of both teams.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 09:53 AM
maniac

yea dallas runs away with this one and never looks back lol

we ll pass on spacek if u ever get him hehe

ninimaa was good at the start and worth ribeiro but the more he(ninimaa) played the worse he got lol

hows ribs doin for u guys what do u like and disslike about him if anything was kinda hopin habs would give him another yr i think he woulda done good with kovalev and samsonov at the time oh well things dont always work out as planned lol

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
User Name
Registered User Name

How 'bout you get Ott and a pick for Pominville, we keep Boucher and give you a bag of air to keep Spacek. Trading Hagman for a prospect is absurd, especially a defensive one.

Pominville is unproven in Buffalo after the loss of Drury and Brierre, a tandem that made the whole team look better. His value potential went up in Buffalo after the loss, but he's just another winger to the rest of the league.

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
To Buffalo: D Philippe Boucher, F Steve Ott, F Niklas Hagman, F Vojtech Polak

To Dallas: F Jason Pominville, F Drew Stafford, D Michael Funk

Funk has time to develop in Iowa and, along with Grossman, a defenseman like Khomitski or Fistric gets a chance in Dallas.
I stopped reading there.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektovanek View Post
I stopped reading there.
i really hope nobody forced you to start reading this

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I wouldn't do the original trade.
Boucher for Pominville, I think I'd do that trade.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
toastman344*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
I wouldn't do the original trade.
Boucher for Pominville, I think I'd do that trade.
why would buffalo trade their young forward who scores 30+ goals and costs less than 2 million dollars for an old (but still good) defenseman

toastman344* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Pillard32

Eh, it'd be tempting, but I don't think I'd do it. I really do not want to trade Boucher.

Pillard32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastman344 View Post
why would buffalo trade their young forward who scores 30+ goals and costs less than 2 million dollars for an old (but still good) defenseman
Cause Boucher is that damn good.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 05:02 PM
On Axis
Mad Vlad

Send a message via AIM to On Axis
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastman344 View Post
On paper, it makes sense. Numminen, Kalinin, and Campbell are all UFAs after this year. Boucher brings a solid two-way game, and still has a couple of years left on his contract at 2.5 million. Hagman is no slouch, either. He hustles every shift and is responsible in his own zone. Buffalo is also relieved of Spacek's salary. Dallas gets more offensive ability in both the forward and defensive areas.

On Axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 09:54 PM
User Name
Registered User Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel View Post
Dallas gets more offensive ability in both the forward and defensive areas.

Um, no it doesn't. Spacek's 21 points doesn't even compare with Dallas' third highest points man Boucher, who had 51. Dallas' second highest scorer was Zubov, another D-man. Dallas needs offense, but they won't give up their system to get a scoring forward this year. In other words, Dallas has no need for Spacek, it's defense is strong and capable.

As a matter of fact the optimal trade for the Stars involves trading stay at home D-man Norstrom to a defensively challenged team for a scoring winger. Although considering the salary difference, it will probably be Daley who is traded.

User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 11:04 PM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeise88 View Post
To Buffalo - D Philippe Boucher, F Steve Ott, W Niklas Hagman

To Dallas - RW Jason Pominville, D Jaroslav Spacek, defencive prospect (D Chris Butler), 3rd round pick in 2007

Gets us some physicality and PP help from our defence, and some solid bottom 6 guys. Hagman would look great on our third line, and Ott could be a solid 4th line agitator for us.

Gives you a top 6 sniper who is good for 25+ goals a year, a defenceman who can replace some of the things lost with Boucher's departure if he's on his game (points, decent physicality, mobility, experience), a prospect who looks NHL bound in 2-4 seasons, and a pick.

What do you think??
To Buffalo - D Philippe Boucher, F Steve Ott, W Anti Miettinen

To Dallas - RW Jason Pominville, defencive prospect (D Chris Butler) OR 3rd round pick in 2007

a little simpler, I think.

Last edited by eartotheground: 08-03-2007 at 11:05 PM. Reason: stupidity
eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 03:37 AM
srvrules

maybe for pominville, but i get the feeling that he would disappear in such a big bodied and defensive-minded conference/division....dallas is better off packaging boucher with something else in order to get more of a difference maker, not another complimentary player....i know this is easier said than done, but i get the feeling that armstrong feels the same way

srvrules is offline   Reply With Quote