HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So what are your top 10 home Rangers games this coming season?

Old
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
So what are your top 10 home Rangers games this coming season?

August is a long, tough month for hockey fans. Our roster is pretty much set and there's not much going on until training camp opens in September.

So, all we can do is guess what the line combinations will be, and look towards opening night. That said, what are your top 10 Rangers games at the Garden this coming season?

Here's my list:

1) Leetch Night (Don't know the date yet but it's #1)
2) 10/4 - Florida (Opening Night)
3) 10/25 - NJ (Gomez's first home game vs. his old team)
4) 11/5 - Philly (First visit of the revamped Flyers, and Flyer's games are always fun)
5) 11/25 - Dallas (Good team and we don't see these guys very often)
6) 1/16 - Buffalo (Drury's first home game vs. his old team)
7) 2/7 - Anaheim (Defending champs, need I say more?)
8) 2/17 - San Jose (See #5)
9) 3/31 - Pittsburgh (2nd to last home game and it's Sid the Kid on Broadway)
10) 4/4 - Islanders (Last home game of the regular season and it's the hated Isles)

That would make a nice mini plan, don't you think?

Last edited by broadwayblue: 08-03-2007 at 03:06 PM.
broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 03:03 PM
BklyNYR4Life

I need to look the schedule over more closely, I'll admit I've gotten soft and lazy and spoiled use I got my season tix. but off the top of my head my top 3....and more will be added later:

#1 - Leetch Night!!! doesn't matter who they play, this one will be special!

#2 - Home Opener - so much build up is going to this season, cant wait to see how the new team is going to look. Florida should be a....yeah...good tune up?

#3 - 3/2/08 - Philly Flyers (3:00PM sunday start) - my bday is the day prior, March 1st. very simple plan, party all night saturday, wake up sunday, continue the festivities at the garden, and as already noted, games against the Flyers are always fun ones to be at!

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 03:37 PM
stc1709*

Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post
I need to look the schedule over more closely, I'll admit I've gotten soft and lazy and spoiled use I got my season tix. but off the top of my head my top 3....and more will be added later:

#2 - Home Opener - so much build up is going to this season, cant wait to see how the new team is going to look. Florida should be a....yeah...good tune up?

#3 - 3/2/08 - Philly Flyers (3:00PM sunday start) - my bday is the day prior, March 1st. very simple plan, party all night saturday, wake up sunday, continue the festivities at the garden, and as already noted, games against the Flyers are always fun ones to be at!
i have tickets to that game and that is the day of my birthday 21st no less, so party time after the game with a bunch of peeps at this club in ny

stc1709* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklyNYR4Life View Post

Love games vs. Flyers but hate afternoon games.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Choice

Besides Leetch night and opening night, I'm really looking forward to our first game at the new Devils arena.

Old
08-03-2007, 05:30 PM
broadwayblue

So if you had to pick 1 game from my list (excluding #2 night) which would you take? I'm leaning towards opening night, but the Ducks game is a close second. I've got the first pick splitting up my seasons and I'm not sure which way to go.

Old
08-04-2007, 02:29 AM
danroy33

Leetch night and the last three games of the season against Jersey and the Isles. What a way to finish!

danroy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 05:57 AM
elYankee

Well besides the Consensus #1 OBVIOUSLY Leetch Night

I'd have to concur with the Debbies at MSG.

I think the Buffalo games will be big, It'd be amazing to throw it in all my Sabes fan friends faces to have Drury net a tying goal or a winner with, oh, hmm, 7 or so seconds left.

Also Any Isles home game, I can't stand it when they come in and even have a chance to win anything, so a good pounding or two or a few shutouts might be sweet in those 4 games.

and just cause I hate boston, and like to kick the bruins (or any boston team) while down, the boston games, especially because I feel like one of those will be the leetch game, being that he a boston area fan (ahhh, his only weakness)

elYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:12 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So if you had to pick 1 game from my list (excluding #2 night) which would you take? I'm leaning towards opening night, but the Ducks game is a close second. I've got the first pick splitting up my seasons and I'm not sure which way to go.
you are debating between the home opener and the ducks??? Take the opener, the ducks will be available in a later round.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 09:40 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
you are debating between the home opener and the ducks??? Take the opener, the ducks will be available in a later round.
Actually, I'm not so sure about that. Usually the games against teams we only play at home every 3 years go pretty high (Detroit went 2nd overall last year) and with the Ducks being the defending champs I'm pretty sure that game will go no later than #2 this year. After all, we play the Isles, Flyers, Devils, and Penguins 4 times each at home...so there's pretty much a guaranty that you can get one of those games in later rounds. It's the special nights (home opener, retirement ceremony, etc.) and single games vs. good out of conference opponents that go first.

Old
08-04-2007, 10:12 AM
bar down*

Send a message via AIM to bar down*
game four of the cup finals when we sweep

bar down* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:32 AM
mrhockey193195

In addition to all those mentioned already, I can't wait for for the twelfth, when Nylander returns to MSG

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:33 AM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsjimster View Post
game four of the cup finals when we sweep
That's so not true at all. The Rangers are going to be the greatest team ever, so they obviously will win the President's trophy and be the higher seed. Game 4 will be away, we'll just have to intentionally lose that one so we can clinch at home in game 5.

Old
08-04-2007, 12:38 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
August is a long, tough month for hockey fans. Our roster is pretty much set and there's not much going on until training camp opens in September.

So, all we can do is guess what the line combinations will be, and look towards opening night. That said, what are your top 10 Rangers games at the Garden this coming season?

Here's my list:

1) Leetch Night (Don't know the date yet but it's #1)
2) 10/4 - Florida (Opening Night)
3) 10/25 - NJ (Gomez's first home game vs. his old team)
4) 11/5 - Philly (First visit of the revamped Flyers, and Flyer's games are always fun)
5) 11/25 - Dallas (Good team and we don't see these guys very often)
6) 1/16 - Buffalo (Drury's first home game vs. his old team)
7) 2/7 - Anaheim (Defending champs, need I say more?)
8) 2/17 - San Jose (See #5)
9) 3/31 - Pittsburgh (2nd to last home game and it's Sid the Kid on Broadway)
10) 4/4 - Islanders (Last home game of the regular season and it's the hated Isles)

That would make a nice mini plan, don't you think?
Sounds good to me, where do I sign up? I like to to 10 to 15 games a year if I can.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 12:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
In addition to all those mentioned already, I can't wait for for the twelfth, when Nylander returns to MSG
A Caps game made my honorable mention list. Ovechkin is always worth watching, and this year with Nylander there's an extra bonus.

Ok, time to start my draft...I'm gonna take opening night with my #1 pick as it can't come soon enough. Guess I'll try and buy an extra pair to see the Ducks as I still think that game goes #2 overall.

Old
08-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Choice

The game vs. San Jose is high up there for me, always been a fan of that team and I used to attend a lot of their AHL team's games and follow them very closely, so it will be fun to see a bunch of those guys on the ice at MSG.

Old
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Nylander? Unless he gets a hattrick, he won't even be noticed.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 03:56 PM
BJo

Opening night should be amazing at MSG for any Rangers fan. With Gomez and Drury there will be so much electricity in the stadium. Enjoy.

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Nylander? Unless he gets a hattrick, he won't even be noticed.
Nylander might get some boos for the way he left.. and Washington still boos Jagr so it's only fair.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
sebz1390*

10/29 Lightning
11/5 Flyers
12/6 Maple Leafs
12/18 Penguins
1/8/08 Lightning
1/10/08 Flyers
1/22/08 & 1/24/08 Thrashers
3/18/08 Penguins
3/25/08 Flyers

because thats all the game i have tickets to lol and ill prob buy tixx to 4 extra games as well.. see you guys at the garden.

Last edited by sebz1390*: 08-05-2007 at 04:33 PM.
sebz1390* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Any games between dec 22 and jan 10, thats the only time ill be in town from med school. Hopefully i can get lucky and leetch night will be somewhere in there.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 04:42 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Nylander might get some boos for the way he left.. and Washington still boos Jagr so it's only fair.
Perhaps, but in all fairness, I know he didn't sign the offer Sather put on the table before July 1st, but it was really the signing of Gomez and Drury that forced Nylander to leave.

And, I know he probably will get boos, but based on the way he played these last two seasons, especially in the playoffs this season for us, I hope for at least some form of recognition from the garden crowd.

Old
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
The game with Gomez vs New Jersey for the first time..

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
broadwayblue

Ok, I was wrong. I took opening night #1 and the 11/8 game vs. Pitt went #2. Guess I can take the Ducks after all.

Old
08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I havent had time to really delve into the schedule yet, but this is a good month to sit down and do that.

Obviously the Leetch night will be special, but thats more of a hot ticket then the game itself.

Any game vs. the Devils, the first one and the first one at the "rock" specifically.

The Pittsuburgh games should be great this year. Im actually quite frightened of them already and they havent even dropped the puck.

Screw it, ANY division game is going to be great this year. I'm just really pissed Bettman and the NHL put all their eggs in one basket and bunched up all the division rival games at the end of the year. I really think thats stupid. Everyones going to be burned out for the playoffs, fans included!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote