HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Not Fairing Well - Rangers Withdrawal

Old
08-04-2007, 07:08 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Not Fairing Well - Rangers Withdrawal

October 4th seems like an eternity away... This off-season has been really rough for me... I need my Rangers fix...

in 16 years of watching the team I don't think there's ever been a season to be more excited about than the upcomming one.... Excited on so many levels...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
October 4th seems like an eternity away... This off-season has been really rough for me... I need my Rangers fix...

in 16 years of watching the team I don't think there's ever been a season to be more excited about than the upcomming one.... Excited on so many levels...
hey, just be thankful you get to watch all the games. west coast rangers broadcasts the sucketh.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
broadwayblue

Once we get to September things will pick up. We'll start getting training camp reports, and then pre-season games. It's the next month that's unbearable.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
hey, just be thankful you get to watch all the games. west coast rangers broadcasts the sucketh.
n8...

The Rangers are one of few joys in my life... If I lived on the west coast... I would have Center Ice & Tivo in a heart beat.... That would be sweet... Come home from work, watch the Rangers @ 7 like the rest of us, and fast forward through intermission and commercials... You would probably be finished watching the game by 8:45...

Old
08-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
I feel your pain wolf.. this offseason is taking forever.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 07:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
n8...

The Rangers are one of few joys in my life... If I lived on the west coast... I would have Center Ice & Tivo in a heart beat.... That would be sweet... Come home from work, watch the Rangers @ 7 like the rest of us, and fast forward through intermission and commercials... You would probably be finished watching the game by 8:45...
except there is a 3 hours time difference so the games start at 4 here. i had center ice when i was a student and that worked out great (although it was during the worse years to watch the rangers!) but now that i work, I'm seriously considering getting one of those mobile cable box thingees that allows you to watch your cable from any TV. i forget what they're called. Unfortunately, I've been living off of radio broadcasts the last 3 years

Old
08-04-2007, 07:30 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
except there is a 3 hours time difference so the games start at 4 here. i had center ice when i was a student and that worked out great (although it was during the worse years to watch the rangers!) but now that i work, I'm seriously considering getting one of those mobile cable box thingees that allows you to watch your cable from any TV. i forget what they're called. Unfortunately, I've been living off of radio broadcasts the last 3 years
n8... The TIVO negates the 3 hour time difference problem... You record it at home and watch it when you get home, skipping through all the intermissions and commercials...

What you're referring to above I think is a slingbox... You could broadcast it to your computer.... Or you could just get Center Ice online...

If I was in your shoes though I'd definitely go the Center Ice + Tivo route... That way you can watch the games in the comfort of your own home at your own leisure...

Last edited by wolfgaze: 08-04-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old
08-04-2007, 07:33 PM
jagrgodr

if your cable supplier lets you record channels, i'm sure you could just record all the rangers game, and then use slingbox to watch it on your cell phone or computer. I think thats what i'll be doing this season.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 08:20 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
n8...

I hate Tivoing a game, if the Rangers go down by a goal and get pissed off and just start fast forwarding everything and hope they tie it up, if they don't then all well, I just fast forwarded most of the game. And if the Rangers are up, I get antsy as well and fast forward it hoping that the can hold the lead (i'll usually watch the final 2 minutes)...Tivo sucks.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 08:26 PM
HockeyHound94

Watch Versus

Their rodeos are better than the pre-lockout NHL.

HockeyHound94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 08:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
n8... The TIVO negates the 3 hour time difference problem... You record it at home and watch it when you get home, skipping through all the intermissions and commercials...

What you're referring to above I think is a slingbox... You could broadcast it to your computer.... Or you could just get Center Ice online...

If I was in your shoes though I'd definitely go the Center Ice + Tivo route... That way you can watch the games in the comfort of your own home at your own leisure...
Center Ice online?!? what the! i'll have to look into that.

anyways i couldn't watch the game on TiVO because i usually follow the box scores like mad and the game loses 90% of the reason to watch if i already know the outcome. My office is pretty comfy so I have no qualms watching there. we even get to drink beer where i work so score!

Old
08-04-2007, 08:39 PM
WanderingRanger

Quote:

anyways i couldn't watch the game on TiVO because i usually follow the box scores like mad and the game loses 90% of the reason to watch if i already know the outcome. My office is pretty comfy so I have no qualms watching there. we even get to drink beer where i work so score!

I'd love to work in a brewery too.!

WanderingRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
n_a_c

I live in NJ, but TIVO every game. That way I come home, spend some time with my wife and girls, and watch the game after my girls go to bed at 8-9. If I start at 8, I usually meet real time by the end of the game, since I skipped all commercials and breaks. I can't recommend it enough if you don't have it. HUGE time saver. I have cable vision, and even get to TIVO in HD Not a real TIVO brand actually - it is a DVR I rent for I think $10 extra a month.

It does take discipline though. Especially during the playoffs - I had to resist going online to see the score since I hadn't watched yet.

And to respond to this thread - I too am SUPER PUMPED for this season. I'm in this forum almost every day to get my fix. Up till now there has been enough going on, but I get the feeling August is going to be quiet.

n_a_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Smashley

I think I'd rather sleep in itchy pajamas for the next month then have to wait another day for hockey season to show up.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 09:27 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
I moved to Vegas last year. I got DirectTV with the NHL Center Ice package allong with the DVR service.....I didn't miss a single game. I highly recommend it if you're a Rangers fan on the west coast.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 09:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I hate Tivoing a game, if the Rangers go down by a goal and get pissed off and just start fast forwarding everything and hope they tie it up, if they don't then all well, I just fast forwarded most of the game. And if the Rangers are up, I get antsy as well and fast forward it hoping that the can hold the lead (i'll usually watch the final 2 minutes)...Tivo sucks.
Well man, you need to treat it like a live game and not fast forward through any part of it... Show some self control! How can you fast forward through a game we're winning to the final 2 minutes??? I would NEVER be able to do that...

Quote:

I'm confused man... If you are watching a recorded Ranger game, how is the box score going to give away the outcome??? You wouldn't see the final outcome of the game on the box score because it hadn't ended yet at the time it was recorded!

Also, which beer brewery do you work for?

Old
08-04-2007, 09:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Well man, you need to treat it like a live game and not fast forward through any part of it... Show some self control! How can you fast forward through a game we're winning to the final 2 minutes??? I would NEVER be able to do that...

I'm confused man... If you are watching a recorded Ranger game, how is the box score going to give away the outcome??? You wouldn't see the final outcome of the game on the box score because it hadn't ended yet at the time it was recorded!

Also, which beer brewery do you work for?

I have no will power when it comes to the Rangers

Old
08-04-2007, 09:53 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Arent you afraid of what you're missing when you're fast forwarding through a game???

Old
08-04-2007, 09:56 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Arent you afraid of what you're missing when you're fast forwarding through a game???
Yes, but I can't help it. Thankfully I only TIVO like 2-3 games a year.

Old
08-04-2007, 10:01 PM
blue2noise

I knew this was going to happen this month, so i saved all of the "Rangers Fan Faves" on my TiVo without watching them. I then go back and watch one whener I am jonesin'!

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:29 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I have no will power when it comes to the Rangers
me neither. in the above scenario, the game would start at 4pm west coast time. i'd be at work till at least 6pm (and usually stick around long enough to hear the game's conclusion) so in that 2 hour span, i'm typically furiously checking the updating boxscores and listening to the radio broadcasts. By the time I got home to said TiVO device, I'd know the outcome or at least most of it. If I can indeed get Center Ice over the internet, I'll be signing up for that! I one thing I remember sucking about Center Ice was they would often carry the non-MSG broadcast. oh well. so, in summary, in the above scenario where the time-difference and work schedules conflict, i have no will power.

and i don't work at a brewery just a place that likes to have beers in the afternoon. sometimes even at lunch. just as long as you get your work done and don't get drunk on the job.

Old
08-04-2007, 10:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I love that Sam Adams commercial where they show the employees walking around handing out pints to eachother...

n8, Center Ice always air's the home team's broadcast... So you will get Sam & Joe for games at the Garden...

Here's the info on Center Ice online:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice_online.html

Old
08-04-2007, 10:35 PM
broadwayblue

I record every game on my HD-DVR and generally start watching about 45 minutes to an hour after the game starts. I try and time it so that I catch up to "live" towards the end of the 3rd period. As a rule I stay away from websites or tv channels that will give away the score after game time. I also have to be careful not to get to far ahead in the game day threads or I'll get too much info. It's a dangerous game, but I hate watching commercials.

I love watching the Rangers in HD on my 112" screen. There's nothing I enjoy more...except being at the Garden for a great game.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I'm looking to purchase of a Pioneer 50" Plasma in early November for some HD hockey watchin'!

Old
08-04-2007, 10:46 PM
bagh

vCash: 562
Quote:
Just be thankful that you're not in Toronto. All I get here are the Leafs and Habs NON-STOP.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote