HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Brown +6th to Sabres for a 4th

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 11:50 PM
DW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Ask Riser to sign career AHLers...isn't going to happen
Sure it will. It just wasn't going to happen this year.

Old
03-09-2004, 12:10 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Wonderful planning Riser...

Let's screw over the fans and the team by not getting at least one quality AHL player that can score...Instead lets get some tough ass players that'll fight and we can lose every other game because we will only score 3 goals...And you know what? Let's impliment our system to theirs...Instead of fringe AHL players, let's get fringe ECHL players down there...And let's not help the prospects any by giving them veteran scorers and leaders to follow, let's give them Hendrickson and Roche...Oh well Marshall doesn't seem to fit up here, let's send him down, that'll appease them!

GAH!

Sorry not happy! Especialyl with these latest trades.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:21 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Wonderful planning Riser...

Let's screw over the fans and the team by not getting at least one quality AHL player that can score...Instead lets get some tough ass players that'll fight and we can lose every other game because we will only score 3 goals...And you know what? Let's impliment our system to theirs...Instead of fringe AHL players, let's get fringe ECHL players down there...And let's not help the prospects any by giving them veteran scorers and leaders to follow, let's give them Hendrickson and Roche...Oh well Marshall doesn't seem to fit up here, let's send him down, that'll appease them!

GAH!

Sorry not happy! Especialyl with these latest trades.
Wow. Post of the year. No words, just... wow... I don't even know how to reply to this *logic* you are spitting out. I don't think I'm even going to try, it's pointless. Keep smashing your head, maybe it'll help.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:51 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrooks
The Minnesota Wild trade defenceman Brad Brown and sixth-round pick in 2005 to the Sabres in exchange for Buffalo's fourth-round pick in 2005, TSN has learned.
Good move for Buffalo, this kid is a legit Heavyweight and he isnt a bad player.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:53 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash61
Todd: Kiss me.....NOW!
Brad Brown: ....uh......
Brad Brown would whip Bertuzzi's ass if he didnt go for the bearhug Immidiatly. He is a far better scrapper.

Old
03-09-2004, 01:57 AM
Hordichuk_24

Very good pick up for the Sabres. They have lacked a physical presence on defense since they lost Warrener.

Old
03-09-2004, 09:47 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hordichuk_24
Very good pick up for the Sabres. They have lacked a physical presence on defense since they lost Warrener.

Yes,but in terms of play he isn't close to Rhett.But we got some defensive depth that we sorely needed.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
WTF IS OUR DEPTH ON THE BLUELINE COMING FROM?

Bombardir gone, Brown gone

Mitchell injury prone, Zyuzin injury prone...

Reitz, Michalek are ready now

Heid in another year along with Misharin and Bolduc and...if he ever works out Curtis Murphy Jr errr Maxime Fortunus...

Wonderful...None of them scream I'm a top 2 defenseman!
Don't worry Koala, DR will find some other reclamation project to slot in there. I for one want to see what some of these young guys can do - it's about time we unloaded veteran deadwood from the roster and let Houston know that there are roster spots for the taking here. Nobody likes the feeling of being buried in an organization.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
Brad Brown is a depth defenceman at best. He was worth what moving up 2 rounds in the draft? He is nothing special and will be a fill in until the Sabres injuries heal.

I think Wild fans are having a tough time swallowing the fact that the majority of their players are only worth something to them. You get these guys out of a trapping system and they are basically worthless. GMs know this.
Not this Wild fan - what can we expect to get for guys we get for nothing - the way I look at it, DR turned nothing and a 6th rounder into a 4th rounder - great deal as far as i'm concerned.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
Wow. Post of the year. No words, just... wow... I don't even know how to reply to this *logic* you are spitting out. I don't think I'm even going to try, it's pointless. Keep smashing your head, maybe it'll help.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Surly Furious

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Good move for Buffalo, this kid is a legit Heavyweight and he isnt a bad player.
Depends on your definition of bad

Actually, the few games I saw Brown in this season, he looked much better than last season. I think he has worked hard to improve his skating, which is still below average, but not as much as it used to be.

Old
03-09-2004, 03:51 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Z hasnt gone. good news. and Brown, Jillson can sure up our back end quite well. could do with a good forward like Prospal tho

Closed Thread