HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

8,438 Fst

Old
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
GLARES*

vCash: 500
8,438 Fst

Quote:
Since the July 19 event at Sommet Center the Predators have sold an average of 20 a day, according to Steve Violetta, the team’s executive vice president of business affairs.

As of Monday morning the total was 8,438, which is 320 short of what the team had at the end of last season.

Ticket sales continue to be about 30 percent corporate and 70 percent individual, although Violetta said there was a small uptick in corporate sales during the rally.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....30053/-1/RSS05

GLARES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Give 'em hell Nashville. Don't let them take your team away. I'm not a Preds fan by any means, but I'd hate to see them moved.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

What figure are the Preds shooting for? I realize, the more the better, but was just curious about a target amount.

Columbus continues to stay in the 12,000-14,000 range despite a lack of success on the ice.

Made it to the final CBJ vs. Preds game in Nashville last season. Sorry to say a lot of your fans in your arena were pretty rude to us, but the folks in the bars around the arena were fantastic! We had a blast before and after the game.

Keep selling those season tickets because I, for one, would love to come down for another game. Don't want to see you guys lose your franchise.

Good Luck!

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
What figure are the Preds shooting for? I realize, the more the better, but was just curious about a target amount.

Columbus continues to stay in the 12,000-14,000 range despite a lack of success on the ice.

Made it to the final CBJ vs. Preds game in Nashville last season. Sorry to say a lot of your fans in your arena were pretty rude to us, but the folks in the bars around the arena were fantastic! We had a blast before and after the game.

Keep selling those season tickets because I, for one, would love to come down for another game. Don't want to see you guys lose your franchise.

Good Luck!
Maybe they were the predwing fans. LOL

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:13 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I'll buy a season ticket if someone will hook me up with a job so I can move back to TN!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 12:20 PM
braindead

Pred fans are generally pretty decent I think so I'm surprised. Come try again this year and bring friends! I plan on being nice to anyone that buys a ticket.

On the ticket front the Post says 8,438 sold with 6,364 renewal and 2,074 new. I can't recall the renewal rate last year (I think it was mentioned around here at some point) but is running at 80% for full and 53% for partials according to the article. I would guess it will be as good or better than last year. Article indicates last year's number was 8,758. As it stands now, here is the rough grid of where we will stand at various renewal rates:

80% = 9,080
90% = 9,956
100% = 10,832

I would think the goal is 12,000+ based on the early years. The community group's goal was to add 3,000 new this year. Based on the direction this is going I would think they will get close to hitting that and we will see a 90% renewal rate. My guess is that puts us at around 11,000 when the season starts. If so, I think it is reasonable to expect group/charity sales to increase some this year and single game/walk ups to hold steady or fall some (as the new buyers are offset by those that are converted into season tickets). As such, I think we could average 15,500 next year.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Ugh! Predwing fans. We have the Blue-Wings fans in Columbus. Hate em! We hope once the Jackets get their stuff together that the "sea of red" no longer exists in Nationwide! Now there are some arrogant, rude fans!!

You guys might find this interesting. Complimentary ticket comparisons.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/co...pdf/NHLweb.pdf

Last edited by Dr. Fire: 07-31-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Old
07-31-2007, 03:53 PM
predperson

Quote:

Good Luck!
That's sad fans were rude....I hate that. I think opposing teams fans should be welcomed and treated kindly....afterall, they are hockey fans.

Some visitors are hard to be nice to (Predwing fans) but I'm sure that was not the case for you guys.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Pattypred

Quote:

Good Luck!
Make sure you stop by the glass at section 102-103 during pre-skate. We will make sure that you feel welcomed.

There is a fairly large group that meets down there at every game.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
predperson

It is interesting to note that our paid attendance is up 30% from our lowest year (2002-3). Local ownership should keep that number on the upswing (let's hope)

Old
07-31-2007, 04:04 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
Make sure you stop by the glass at section 102-103 during pre-skate. We will make sure that you feel welcomed.

Absolutely! I'll second that.

I got an email today from a Dallas fan who came down and met us all last year. His email was telling me when he'll be back this fall and inviting me down to a game in Dallas.

See? We are nice.

Old
07-31-2007, 08:40 PM
handtrick

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nhl&id=2956435

An interesting and very encouraging quote at the end of the above article:

Ron Samuels, a chairman of a separate group working to help the Predators boost season ticket sales, said ticket sales have been continuing well since a 15-hour rally on July 19. They originally set 3,000 as the number of new season ticket sales they hoped to reach before the opener.

"I think the numbers now are easily reachable, and we'll probably beat it. I think we'll end up and be over 10,750 to 11,000 tickets before the season starts," he said.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 10:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predperson View Post
Absolutely! I'll second that.

I got an email today from a Dallas fan who came down and met us all last year. His email was telling me when he'll be back this fall and inviting me down to a game in Dallas.

See? We are nice.
Yea but Charlie is down there every game.....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I will be sure to head down there pre-game. Sounds like fun. I'm hoping the CBJ fan club sponsors another trip to Nashville this season. They want to try and do a couple trips where they can fill 2 busses. I think a priority for them is to try and do a bus trip to either Montreal or Toronto since we only play there every so many years. But we'll see how it goes. My wife and I might drive to Nashville ourselves because we want to stay a little longer than the bus trip allows for.

It all will depend, of course, on how well Columbus does on the ice. It appears that this season is being devoted to developing the young players a bit more, and then adding a few free agents next summer. That being the case, it could be another long season for us.

Old
08-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If we could hit 11000 FST........that would simply be amazing. I'm hoping it happens this year. Talk about a new atmosphere on weekday games

08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Update:

Quote:
The Predators are likely to pass last year’s final season-ticket total in the next couple of weeks, team vice president Steve Violetta said today.

As of this morning, the Predators had sold 8,521 season tickets. Last season’s final total was 8,758.

The Predators are also about 12 percent ahead of last season’s summertime pace. A year ago on July 30, the team had sold 7,559 season tickets. This year it was 8,437
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....79/1002/SPORTS

Good start...let's keep it going!!! Heck, I got the owner of a plumbing company to talk to me about buying a suite today to entertain his clients and employees throughout the year.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 08-03-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Added link to story
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 05:44 PM
GLARES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Heck, I got the owner of a plumbing company to talk to me about buying a suite today to entertain his clients and employees throughout the year.
This year they already have 63 suites sold for the upcoming season which leaves only 9 to sell from game to game.

GLARES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2007, 08:13 PM
handtrick

I am bringing our entire group of 12 physicians and their families to our annual business retreat, and convinced them to come to Nashville and stay at the Opryland and take in a game in November on Saturday night against CBJ.
No suite big enough to accomodate all 45 of us, so we are just all getting group tickets in the "all inclusive zone" for $120 a pop.

So hopefully, I can get a few of my partners and families "bit."

Every little bit helps.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Good choice of games. That'll be a sure victory for the Preds.

Old
08-05-2007, 01:01 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post

A large group of miscreants, malcontents and unruly persons meet down there. I can't wait to get back there.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
A large group of miscreants, malcontents and unruly persons meet down there. I can't wait to get back there.
Yep and when you do get back down there - YOU will be leading the pack.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Seth Lake

An update on Suite Sales this morning from Pred303

Posted over on the NP.com boards this morning:

Quote:
heard yesterday that now officially we have leased 67 of the 72 suites, the highest total we've ever had fully leased... 4 of the remaining 5 are the upper deck suites, with only 1 being in the lower 24 higher priced ones (two of these not leased, including the one not leased in the lower level, are the two 24 seat bigger boxes, that they use primarily for large party rentals) .. and this is before they have heard anything from the new ownership group about suite leases, and they expect them to want to lease an extra box or three or more themselves once the sale is confirmed... this is encouraging, as suite sales tend to reflect higher level corporate interest
Pretty good sign I would think. Hopefully the corporate support isn't only limited to the suites, but extends into the lower bowl too.

Old
08-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Seth Lake

Also to note about the suites at the Sommet Center...Pred303 called his Account Rep this afternoon to inquire about whether or not the approximately 1150 seats in the suites counted towards the building's capacity of 17,113 for hockey...THEY DO.

So this is actually a great sign that the corporate community has stepped up their support and we're most likely going to have all of these seats filled this season. P303 was also told that for 20 of the last 25 home games last season all of the suites were leased/rented for the night.

Old
08-10-2007, 08:24 PM
braindead

Just to be clear, I think that those suites that are sold count for the maximum number of seats "attending" for each game whether they actually are occupied or not (just like season tickets).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Just to be clear, I think that those suites that are sold count for the maximum number of seats "attending" for each game whether they actually are occupied or not (just like season tickets).
Correct, the seats in he suites count towards the attendance for the night if they are leased or rented for the night regardless of whether or not they are used. Much like if you purchased seats for a game, but were unable to make it and the seat was empty all game...it still counts towards the total paid attendance for the night.