HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anton Babchuk

Old
08-05-2007, 11:24 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Anton Babchuk

I know we have alot of dman but he is young and talented. He played with Tyutin on 2 different teams in europe. He also has great size and potential. Would this be fair??

the rights to Immonen, Greg Moore and 2ed in 08 for Babchuk and Mike Angelidis

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 11:38 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This is not a trade the Rangers need to make at all.

I don't understand your infatuation with Babchuk. A certainly don't see the need for you to repeatedly create trade proposals with him in it.

08-05-2007, 11:40 AM
rodmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 11:48 AM
broadwayblue

wasn't this guy suspended by Carolina for refusing to report to Albany? sounds like a real winner to me.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 11:51 AM
rodmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
wasn't this guy suspended by Carolina for refusing to report to Albany? sounds like a real winner to me.
To be fair, he natuarally got upset because he was playing very well at the time of his demotion (in order to free up a roster spot and the fact he was waiver exempt)

That said, we have too many defenseman as is, unless it involves shipping Hutchinson back the other way, there is no reason for the Rangers to trade for him

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 12:00 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
To be fair, he natuarally got upset because he was playing very well at the time of his demotion (in order to free up a roster spot and the fact he was waiver exempt)

That said, we have too many defenseman as is, unless it involves shipping Hutchinson back the other way, there is no reason for the Rangers to trade for him
i think the Rangers will keep Hutch, they got him for a reason. We can deal one of our dman later if needed. maybe a guy like Pock to the Hawks, Jackets, Bolts for draft pick or lower prospecr. I think if he gets jerked around this year again, then i wonder why he resigned when he could have became an ufa.

Old
08-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Kendo

Malik - Rozsival
Tyutin - Babchuk
Mara - Girardi
Kasparaitis - Pock
Strudwick - Hutchinson

Huh? I thought you liked Marc Staal...

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 12:46 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to acquire this guy. I would love it. He's getting better and is completely pissed off at his organization. Would love to make a move to acquire him.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to acquire this guy. I would love it. He's getting better and is completely pissed off at his organization. Would love to make a move to acquire him.
Unless we're shipping out defenseman in a move to get him, there's simply no room. He's not an upgrade either, so I don't really understand why we'd want him.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 01:21 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Unless we're shipping out defenseman in a move to get him, there's simply no room. He's not an upgrade either, so I don't really understand why we'd want him.
He's an upgrade over our bottom pairing and is just as good as Malik is.

He had a very solid year last year. Not sure how you can say he's not an upgrade unless you've never seen him before.

And obviously they would move a defenseman if they acquired one.

Old
08-05-2007, 01:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
He's an upgrade over our bottom pairing and is just as good as Malik is.

He had a very solid year last year. Not sure how you can say he's not an upgrade unless you've never seen him before.

And obviously they would move a defenseman if they acquired one.
I have seen him plenty, I guess I just think more highly of Malik than you do. I'd prefer to have Tyutin, Girardi, Roszival, Malik, Staal and Mara than Babchuk.

Don't tell me it's obvious JP, there is so much ******** bandied about here with people talking out of their ***** that nothing is obvious unless it is plainly stated.

Old
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Considering that the Rangers and The Canes just made a trade, I can't imagine something like this is on anyone's radar. If the Rangers had an interest, it would have played out in the Cullen trade.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 01:45 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Considering that the Rangers and The Canes just made a trade, I can't imagine something like this is on anyone's radar. If the Rangers had an interest, it would have played out in the Cullen trade.
Excellent point.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
that is true but u never know with gms.

Old
08-05-2007, 01:51 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

I don't understand your infatuation with Babchuk. A certainly don't see the need for you to repeatedly create trade proposals with him in it.
We do have solid depth in defense, but that's no reason to stop pursuing a player who might turn out quite well in the NHL. He brings quite a complete package on the blue line, size, cannon, decent skating, passing, and a nasty edge to hit people. These are the reasons why you want to persue this guy and well worth looking into.

There's a post on the prospects board where Caniacforever describes this guy quite well. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=407018

I'd say Immonen straight up for Babchuk or immonen and some kind of condition if he signs with the Rangers. If not, sing him to a contract as soon as he's UFA. I don't think Babchuk will be in the NHL this year, but next year we could have him fill in a regular spot on defense....and his potential is well worth giving a shot.

His problems with Carolina is that he was a young defenseman who sometimes made mistakes in his own zone. Every young defenseman does this. Carear wise, Babchuk stands to make much more money playing overseas than playing in the minors. For this reason it makes sense for him to demand a one way contract, which was a point of contention between him and Carolina.

Sheapshead bay would be quite welcoming to Anton.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Immonen has no trade value...although last month JORT had his traded for Andrew Ladd..lol

Jort, The Rangers aren't trading Immonen, Pock or Malik, or Mara....Stop including any combo of them in every proposal...

GMoore has no trade value...

The Rangers have no NEED for Babchuk..Babchuk is not an improvement over anything else the Rangers have here...

Plain and simple...this isn't EHM..this is reality..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 03:27 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Immonen has no trade value...although last month JORT had his traded for Andrew Ladd..lol

Jort, The Rangers aren't trading Immonen, Pock or Malik, or Mara....Stop including any combo of them in every proposal...

GMoore has no trade value...

The Rangers have no NEED for Babchuk..Babchuk is not an improvement over anything else the Rangers have here...

Plain and simple...this isn't EHM..this is reality..
Agreed, Babchuk is a fine player and may turn into something greater, but we have guys on the team (Girardi, Staal, to a lesser extent Pock) in the same boat.

Old
08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Yeah, we have no need for an up and coming young defenseman who proved himself to be a top 4 d-man in the league. The only reason he was sent down was because he was the only damn guy with a two-way deal. THAT'S why he left and THAT'S why he was pissed.

It'll be nice watching Malik and Mara walk after this year and having to sign people in the offseason. Babchuk has much less value than he really has now because of what happened. It's the time to trade for a guy like him. He would also let us bring up Staal more slowly (and frankly I'd rather do that than rush him right in) AND be here after guys like Malik and Mara and possibly even Rozsival walk.

But you guys are right. We don't need a good young defenseman.

Old
08-05-2007, 06:01 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Yeah, we have no need for an up and coming young defenseman who proved himself to be a top 4 d-man in the league. The only reason he was sent down was because he was the only damn guy with a two-way deal. THAT'S why he left and THAT'S why he was pissed.

It'll be nice watching Malik and Mara walk after this year and having to sign people in the offseason. Babchuk has much less value than he really has now because of what happened. It's the time to trade for a guy like him. He would also let us bring up Staal more slowly (and frankly I'd rather do that than rush him right in) AND be here after guys like Malik and Mara and possibly even Rozsival walk.

I'd agree with you JP if I believed that Babchuk was a top 4 defenseman. But since I don't think he is, I don't see the appeal. You can reason all you want, I just don't see Babchuk as a top-4 right now.

Old
08-05-2007, 06:08 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'd agree with you JP if I believed that Babchuk was a top 4 defenseman. But since I don't think he is, I don't see the appeal. You can reason all you want, I just don't see Babchuk as a top-4 right now.
I don't see how you can't believe he's a top 4 guy. No idea how.

Old
08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Den

He signed with Omsk like 4 weeks ago...

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Your telling me that Carolina who missed the playoffs sent down Babchuk because he was the only guy on a two way contract...It wasn't his play at all? Curious, yet i find that hard to believe...

Babchuk reminds me of Rachunek when Rachunek was with Ottawa...Shows flashes but doesn't put it all together...

If Malik Mara and Rozsival walk the Rangers can and will replace them..Babchuk isn't a good young defenseman...He is a decent young defensemen..Something the Rangers have a ton of....Honestly I could care less how old the guy is...the Rangers need an IMPROVEMENT on defense THIS SEASON...NOT A LATERAL MOVE..You can't convince me that Babchuk THIS SEASON is an improvement over anything they Rangers have or anything in the pipeline...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 08:46 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
JOrts for president in '08!

I think it'd be a fair deal, but unless we can excess a few d-men before camp, we have no need/room for Babchuk.

How exciting would the offseason be if he was GM?

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 08:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
I don't see how you can't believe he's a top 4 guy. No idea how.
He's big and strong and has a great shot, but when I've seen him he gets caught out of position WAY too often in his own end. WAY too often. Now, maybe he just had off nights every time I watched, but the guy is not yet solid in his own end and that's not something I want on this team. We're fine with what we have now.

Either way, Den is right: he signed with Avangard Omsk.

Old
08-06-2007, 06:58 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
I know we have alot of dman but he is young and talented. He played with Tyutin on 2 different teams in europe. He also has great size and potential. Would this be fair??

the rights to Immonen, Greg Moore and 2ed in 08 for Babchuk and Mike Angelidis
if there is one thing we dont need anymore of its #3-6 defenceman. By all means if you have the parts to do it then go and get an elite defenceman but not Babchuk. He wouldnt dress ahead of what we already have got...

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote