HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Is The Wild's Rival or Are You In The Wrong Division

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-31-2007, 07:31 PM
  #51
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Boris Le Tigre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: More Toast !
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 5,389
vCash: 500
habs fan...
i like to play against you guys because of lemaire, tremblay, and riseborough...

koivu's kid bro too... a rivalry by no means, but you interest me more than the majority of teams.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 08:21 PM
  #52
Drewcifer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heske_44 View Post
What? I'm from Vancouver and I'll say there is a rivalry. There is only one way I want redemption from the Wild...any fan from either club should know what I'm getting at...

I like a lot of the players but man the Wild made me feel worse then '94...maybe because I wasn't 10 anymore

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EtwVaQHMrBw

Watching these goals I hate Cloutier as much as ever
That was supposed to be Vancouver's year to win it all, wasn't it?

I got banned from Canucks.com on my first post right before those playoffs. All I said was "The Canucks will never win the cup with Cloutier in net, you can take that to the bank" and that was it. How times change.

Drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2007, 09:23 PM
  #53
Heske_44
Registered User
 
Heske_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
That was supposed to be Vancouver's year to win it all, wasn't it?

I got banned from Canucks.com on my first post right before those playoffs. All I said was "The Canucks will never win the cup with Cloutier in net, you can take that to the bank" and that was it. How times change.
Yes it was. We had it if it wasn't for Cloutier. We probably could have had it with any other goalie in the playoffs in net that year. 03/04 wasn't any different...we would have beaten Calgary in 6 until Cloutier, who was playing very well, gets injured doing a pee-wee goaltender move. 3 goalies played in a 7 game series...ridiculous. 2002 versus Detroit...after going into Detroit for two tough wins Cloutier lets a dump in from the red line in with 20 to go in the second period. Lose that game and the next three...cool...what a guy he was. Huge meltdown or limbs falling off...he's proved you need goaltending to win.

Heske_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 01:20 AM
  #54
wo4bb
 
wo4bb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Glendale, AZ
Country: United States
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=evilgenius;9949352]

Hockey is really not big at all in Wisconsin. All they care about there is football, and almost everyone is a Packers fan in some fashion. There are Brewers fans in the southern part of the state, but not as many in the northern part. Hockey? They don't care. Probably because it's so big in MN.

QUOTE]

wow, have you ever heard of the badgers? people camp out for days to get tickets to their hockey games. im from wi and ive always wondered why there wasnt an nhl team.

we do have the milwaukee admirals and the green bay gamblers.

although i would not put a nhl team in milwaukee.

sorry, this is a little off topic, but i saw it and just wanted to say not everyone in (or from wi) likes football. i hate football with a passion.

wo4bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 09:45 AM
  #55
topshelf20
Registered User
 
topshelf20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 158
vCash: 500
I'm thinking there should be a pro team in Wisconsin. Of the hockey-craved states in the US, Wisconsin would be one of them. Talent just oozes from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and New England. To say Wisconsin isn't a big hockey state is a big mistake in thinking you have made.

topshelf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 11:13 AM
  #56
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1022 View Post
Funny thing is, vancouverites never really considered the Wild as rivals. The Oilers and Flames are our traditional rivals.
There was a line about Louis B Mayer (I think)

"You had to get in line to hate him."

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
  #57
cantskate
Registered User
 
cantskate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the ice
Country: United States
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
My comment doesn't have anything to do with rivalries, but I think they should swap Dallas and Vancouver. That is, put Vancouver in the Pac and Dallas in the "NW". In terms of time zones and travel it would be better. Vancouver is on PST, Dallas Central. Teams would be flying more north-south instead of east west, which makes a big difference.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
  #58
cantskate
Registered User
 
cantskate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the ice
Country: United States
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf20 View Post
I'm thinking there should be a pro team in Wisconsin. Of the hockey-craved states in the US, Wisconsin would be one of them. Talent just oozes from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and New England. To say Wisconsin isn't a big hockey state is a big mistake in thinking you have made.
I like Wisconsin and have family there. Great state. Problem is, they just don't have the big city population center that the NHL is looking for. (Of course no one thought an NFL team could do so well in a small market {Green Bay} either, so perhaps the NHL needs to take a fresh look at things.)

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 02:44 PM
  #59
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskate View Post
My comment doesn't have anything to do with rivalries, but I think they should swap Dallas and Vancouver. That is, put Vancouver in the Pac and Dallas in the "NW". In terms of time zones and travel it would be better. Vancouver is on PST, Dallas Central. Teams would be flying more north-south instead of east west, which makes a big difference.
Won't happen since they don't want to split the Canadian teams.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 04:11 PM
  #60
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukwinn View Post
"Vancouverites" are too afraid to admit there is a rivalry. It's not the most heated rivalry in hockey, not even close, but there is a good rivalry.
I view it as a rivalry, I always get nervous about playing the Wild, they know how to win against Vancouver and Gaborik is insanely dangerous.

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2007, 04:19 PM
  #61
NMK
Registered User
 
NMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsi12pac View Post
thing is, you won't ever find Boogaard laying "cheap shots" out on players.
I hope you are joking... He injured Stoll with an ugly hit from behind elbow to the back of the head. Worse, he injured Hemsky when he elbowed him in the side of the head when he didn't even have the puck. I'd have to say that as an Oiler fan, the Wild became a legitimate rival last season because of those two plays. The Wild will never eclipse the Flames or Vancouver as rivals, but they are ahead of Colorado and Dallas in my opinion.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 03:09 AM
  #62
cantskate
Registered User
 
cantskate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: On the ice
Country: United States
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Won't happen since they don't want to split the Canadian teams.
You are right about this, and I understand they want to maintain that rivalry, but people are always talking about the difficulties of travel for the Western teams, and this would help. Too bad they won't consider it. The biggest rivalry in Western Canada is the Oil/Flames anyway. I could see some serious rivalry developing between Van/Sharks/Ducks. Something could naturally brew between Dallas and Minn. since Dallas 'stole' the Stars many years ago. Talk about a natural rivalry.

cantskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2007, 06:24 AM
  #63
Towel-Power
GoCanucksGo
 
Towel-Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HomeoftheClassless
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
Van/Minny is alright but is it really a rivalry? And I'm not saying that because I'm a Canucks fan only but do you guys as Wild fans really look forward to Canucks games like I'm sure Oil fans cant wait when they play the Flames or whatever. I doubt it. I just think they lack emotion and it's not how a rivalry should be and honestly I hope that the coming up season we do build a rivalry because it would be great to see, I will say though I do respect Minny just because of the hockey fans down there, you guys have shown a lot of loyalty which not too many fanbases can do so anyways I hope the Wild/Nucks games can pick up on the emotion and intensity because whenever I watch Minny and Nuck games they always lack it for sure and maybe in the future it will be better. It also might have to do with the style of play of both teams and how similar they play which isnt that exciting even though the Wild can score more the Nucks or Wild arent considered the most exciting teams to watch so maybe thats why it might get a little boring too when 2 teams meet up and basically play a defensive type of game.

Towel-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 11:59 AM
  #64
Twindad*
Father of Twins
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cali-for-ni-a
Country: United States
Posts: 5,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalyd Psycho View Post
I view it as a rivalry, I always get nervous about playing the Wild, they know how to win against Vancouver and Gaborik is insanely dangerous.
As a Ducks fan I get nervous when we play the Wild (no, not because of what May did), but because they are a really good team right now. Same with Vancouver, to me that series in the playoffs was the most nerve wracking.

I know everyone will be trying to beat the Ducks this year to prove something.

Twindad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:02 PM
  #65
CrazyCanucks
Registered User
 
CrazyCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: India
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantskate View Post
My comment doesn't have anything to do with rivalries, but I think they should swap Dallas and Vancouver. That is, put Vancouver in the Pac and Dallas in the "NW". In terms of time zones and travel it would be better. Vancouver is on PST, Dallas Central. Teams would be flying more north-south instead of east west, which makes a big difference.
Vancouver already has the worst travel schedule in the NHL, then you want to make them travel farther, taking away thier closest foes, and making them go to cali and Phoenix?

It is a shorther flight to Alberta than to Cali or Phoenix

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 10:59 PM
  #66
Pepsi12pac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Shoreview
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
his point is there would be less time zone changes.

Pepsi12pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 01:50 AM
  #67
vitogor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towel-Power View Post
Van/Minny is alright but is it really a rivalry? And I'm not saying that because I'm a Canucks fan only but do you guys as Wild fans really look forward to Canucks games like I'm sure Oil fans cant wait when they play the Flames or whatever. I doubt it. I just think they lack emotion and it's not how a rivalry should be and honestly I hope that the coming up season we do build a rivalry because it would be great to see, I will say though I do respect Minny just because of the hockey fans down there, you guys have shown a lot of loyalty which not too many fanbases can do so anyways I hope the Wild/Nucks games can pick up on the emotion and intensity because whenever I watch Minny and Nuck games they always lack it for sure and maybe in the future it will be better. It also might have to do with the style of play of both teams and how similar they play which isnt that exciting even though the Wild can score more the Nucks or Wild arent considered the most exciting teams to watch so maybe thats why it might get a little boring too when 2 teams meet up and basically play a defensive type of game.
I used to really look forward to the Minn/Van games, back around the time we've met in the playoffs. There were a few really chippy games that got everybody's blood boiling. Both teams had some excellent agitators- Cooke, Ruutu, Jova, Bert, Johnson, Marshall, Brown, Stevenson, Mitchell... Those were fun games, at least from the Wild fans' point of view. Now most of those players are gone (or switched sides ), and the rivalry had really died down.

I don't think the Wild have a rival right now, in the "pure" sense of the word. But it can all change quickly. Boogaard has already made a lot of "friends" around the league, so we'll see what happens. Ducks and Oilers are both good possibilities.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:35 AM
  #68
mucker*
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Let's Be Safe!
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
Is Wisconsin a good hockey and sports sate and deserving of a team or is football only?

I really think the lack of a strong midwest division with the Wild and a Wisconsin team hurts the NHL, you shouldn't be with a west coast team.

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.