HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Not Fairing Well - Rangers Withdrawal

Old
08-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
October 4th seems like an eternity away... This off-season has been really rough for me... I need my Rangers fix...

in 16 years of watching the team I don't think there's ever been a season to be more excited about than the upcomming one.... Excited on so many levels...
im right there with ya bro. im ****ing dying over here.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 11:04 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
im right there with ya bro. im ****ing dying over here.
I'm excited as well..but I don't know...in the back of my head of have those memories of previous years when we went out and got big UFAs and then failed to even make the playoffs...So im on very guarded optimism right now and i'm trying to force myself to not get overally excited for this season.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 11:09 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I'm excited as well..but I don't know...in the back of my head of have those memories of previous years when we went out and got big UFAs and then failed to even make the playoffs...So im on very guarded optimism right now and i'm trying to force myself to not get overally excited for this season.
Personally last year was the season of guarded optimism for me. We were coming off the surprising campaign where we made the post season despite being predicted to finish dead last. We then had a solid year and showed that this team is for real. We've improved on paper, and barring injuries should look to contend for the whole shebang. So while I'm not predicting the goblet will be ours, I think there's reason to be openly optimistic.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 11:23 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Here's the info on Center Ice online:

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice_online.html
awesome. thanks!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 11:34 PM
rickyrod

What is the ratio for getting Sam and Joe vs the other announcers on Center Ice?

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2007, 11:35 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
What is the ratio for getting Sam and Joe vs the other announcers on Center Ice?
It was mentioned above that Center Ice uses the home teams broadcast.

Old
08-04-2007, 11:41 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Once we get to September things will pick up. We'll start getting training camp reports, and then pre-season games. It's the next month that's unbearable.
In every sport, its that last month that's the killer. In baseball, you're freezing your ass off in January, and in hockey, you're sweating through the dog days while knowing you're so close.

Unfortunately, it still feels so far away.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

it's really hitting me hard today.... And so little being discussed on Ranger forums right now... Even Blueshirt Bulletin doesn't have much to report....

The first pre-season game will be like adrenaline shot.....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 01:53 AM
free0717

Whats the countdown till Sept 13th?

Suggestions of things to do until Oct 4th or at least the first home preseason game

1. Learn a foreign language.
2. Go to the Gym and workout.
3. Reconnect with your wife. Ouch.
4. Paint the house.
5. Re landscape the front yard.

Boy, this list is looking more and more like my Honeydo list.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 04:22 AM
ArtieAnisimov

I am impatient for hockey season to start, I've been playing NHL 07 alot now because theres nothing else on. I watch the Yankees everyday but even there sucess doesn't stop me from being impatient, I just have to keep counting down I guess. I don't care about school starting, I just want hockey to start. I'll be going into college too and I had my schedule set up so I don't miss any games, unfortunately I have one class on tuesdays that ends at 7 but luckily i'll only miss the start of 3 games and my campus is wireless for laptops so i can check for game updates as much as possible

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Smashley

Iiiiits official, First Hockey Dream of the season last night

Rangers @ Bruins - Big Ol' Blueshirt win.

...and If you don't believe me you can ask my bf about me talking about shanny's shots on goal in my sleep last season.

Opening night feels like a zillion yrs away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Whats the countdown till Sept 13th?

Suggestions of things to do until Oct 4th or at least the first home preseason game

1. Learn a foreign language.
2. Go to the Gym and workout.
3. Reconnect with your wife. Ouch.
4. Paint the house.
5. Re landscape the front yard.

Boy, this list is looking more and more like my Honeydo list.
Hahaha...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Pogo

Quote:
I love watching the Rangers in HD on my 112" screen. There's nothing I enjoy more...except being at the Garden for a great game.
Dude... no offense, but I ****ing HATE you right now!!!

Being in Israel I saw all of 5 games last year... Yay.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Garv23

112"?! Why?? Is the couch a mile away?? Is there a food court?

Yeah, I've been jonesin' for hockey since the news about Drury and Gomez. This baseball and golf crap just doesn't cut it. It's more exciting watching frogs.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:35 AM
WheresBarnaby

Do you have any games recorded? I just watched the playoff clinching game from 4/5
. It was the first time I watched it the whole way through, since I was lucky enough to be there. That helped give me my fix.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:49 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Dude... no offense, but I ****ing HATE you right now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
112"?! Why?? Is the couch a mile away?? Is there a food court?

The couch is about 12 feet away. And the food court is about 25 feet away in the kitchen! Seriously, most people don't realize just how freaking amazing HD front projection is...and how affordable it is these days. I don't understand why everyone (who has access to HD material whether it be cable, satellite, HD-DVD, Blu Ray, Xbox 360, PS3, or whatever) doesn't have a projector, but that's just me. Once you see HD Hockey at 100+" you can't even think of watching it on a plasma or tube set. It's soooooooo much better.

Old
08-06-2007, 08:52 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Considering how slow its becoming now, this offseason has been relatively busy for Rangers fans.
Seems like every week (some weeks almost every day) there is something to talk about, Draft, signings, trades, arbitrations, etc...

It hasnt been as horrible this year for me (yet) because theres been action this summer but now we are getting into the dog days and its gonna slow down considerably.

I still don't think the Rangers are done yet either. There might be another trade or signing coming, though i would prefer them to bring this team to camp as is and make adjustments in season.

But August is always a tough hockey month so take your vacations now.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
elYankee

Quote:
I'm confused man... If you are watching a recorded Ranger game, how is the box score going to give away the outcome??? You wouldn't see the final outcome of the game on the box score because it hadn't ended yet at the time it was recorded!
this guy is probably just like my best friend. We'll tivo a game at his house and then end up there, and he'll sit at the computer while we're watching and about a half way through the 3rd period, i'll hear a muttered "Damn" or "hell yeah' which is him not being able to control himself and going on to espn.com to "accidentally" check the ranger's box score there. Probably what this one guy does, only it's his damn fault. My only fault is picking such a weak-willed best friend with Tivo. totally kills the game.

elYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:01 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

5 weeks guys ...

5 weeks to camp.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Personally last year was the season of guarded optimism for me. We were coming off the surprising campaign where we made the post season despite being predicted to finish dead last. We then had a solid year and showed that this team is for real. We've improved on paper, and barring injuries should look to contend for the whole shebang. So while I'm not predicting the goblet will be ours, I think there's reason to be openly optimistic.
i agree, while i appreciate Fly's sense of caution, the important year was last yeara nd proving it was no fluke. This team has been built patiently and has depth, talent and youth. I will admit i can be very excitable at times but this team can be very special.

I still think even without Niedermayer and Selanne that the Ducks are too tough for us perhaps, and the Sens are strong and the Pens have a certain talented kid who can beat teams on his own... i definitely think we can be considered in the top 6 in the NHL on paper...we have alot of the ingredients; a great goalie, match winning forwards, a solid D as well as speed and depth...

can we put it on the ice? i think so!!! bring on the season!!!!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
xevious

I watched my first game of the summer yesterday; I've been saving a few select games on Tivo for this exact reason. Anyway, my Tivo is getting full so I watched Rangers/Isles from the Colisseum. Rangers won in OT.

Next up, playoffs! I also have Yzerman's banner raising to watch (again)

I live in the Southwest so the games start at 6 here. It's great, I start watching at around 7-7:30 and I get to bypass all of the commercials which can be brutal to sit through.

xevious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I hate Tivoing a game, if the Rangers go down by a goal and get pissed off and just start fast forwarding everything and hope they tie it up, if they don't then all well, I just fast forwarded most of the game. And if the Rangers are up, I get antsy as well and fast forward it hoping that the can hold the lead (i'll usually watch the final 2 minutes)...Tivo sucks.
Thats exactly what i do! It's so hard to try to watch the whole game when you can skip ahead haha. I even skip ahead on the PK cause I get too nervous.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
The couch is about 12 feet away. And the food court is about 25 feet away in the kitchen! Seriously, most people don't realize just how freaking amazing HD front projection is...and how affordable it is these days. I don't understand why everyone (who has access to HD material whether it be cable, satellite, HD-DVD, Blu Ray, Xbox 360, PS3, or whatever) doesn't have a projector, but that's just me. Once you see HD Hockey at 100+" you can't even think of watching it on a plasma or tube set. It's soooooooo much better.
My living room isn't big enough and doesn't get dark enough for a projector. However, when I purchase a new house within a year, I'll be looking for a room that fits those criteria.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
This offseason is bad, but then I think back to the lockout. That was so bad that any offseason is nothing in comparison.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Tonight on MSG fan favs is December 30, 2006 vs Washington (Shanny vs Brashear)

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
Pogo

Quote:
How affordable are we talking about?

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote