HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist

Old
08-05-2007, 11:52 PM
LUNDQVISTISAMAZING

vCash: 500
Lundqvist

ok im not sure where this rumor started but i've heard some people say that they dont think that lundqvist will be a Ranger his whole career. I personally dont agree with it, it would be like the panthers getting rid of Luongo which was absolute stupidity. What do you guys think?

LUNDQVISTISAMAZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:02 AM
broadwayblue

It's hard to predict the future. All I know is I'd like to see the team sign Henrik to a 6 or 7 year extension on January 1 for about 5.5 mil/per. Then we can worry about his next contract around 2015 or so.

PS...what do you mean by rumor? this is hardly a topic that would lend itself to people having that kind of inside information.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:08 AM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
I wouldn't mind taking a page out of the Isle's book and signing him to a 10-year deal or something.

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
In the current day and age, it's next to impossible to guarantee someone staying on the same team for an entire career, even harder now with the salary cap. Let's get the 5-6 year extention out of the way first and then we'll see how it goes.

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:32 AM
LUNDQVISTISAMAZING

ya but look at steve yzerman he was with the red wings his entire career. but my question is do you think that the will have the sense to try and keep a franchise goaltender their for his whole career i mean he is the kind of goalie tht could lead to a stanley cup. i would love to see them sign him for a contract that would keep him here until 2015 then go from there. but i heard this rumor from some people around where i live. they said this as an opinion, but i just wanted to see what you guys think.

LUNDQVISTISAMAZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:46 AM
JayDubayou19

Here's what you guys could do: Get Charles Wang to come and pull out the old two decade contract. Actually, i wouldn't mind seeing lundy as a ranger his whole career. It could be him vs DP in NY for a long, long time.

I wouldnt mind.

JayDubayou19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 01:57 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
I wouldn't mind taking a page out of the Isle's book and signing him to a 10-year deal or something.
I dont know about 10 year but I have no problem with 7 or 8 year since we gave Gomez 7 years.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 03:47 AM
Pogo

Let's give him a 38 year contract, spread out over 57 years with a 4.326% interest rate, stock options, a company hybrid car of his selection, part ownership in the years 2067-72 and a lifetime membership to lounges in every airport in the world. That'll show Wang who's wang is bigger and wangier.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 04:01 AM
ArtieAnisimov

If Eddie Giacomin and Brian Leetch can be traded from the Rangers, anyone can.

ArtieAnisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 05:56 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
If Eddie Giacomin and Brian Leetch can be traded from the Rangers, anyone can.
spot on!

No one is untradeable (Gretzky?!) but if both parties want to make it happen and there is success then it'll happen.

I love Henrik but i wouldnt give him more than a 6 year deal. I wouldnt have given Gomez his length either. 5 or 6 is good. If he is doing brilliantly in 4 years or so you can always extend it.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Smashley

I'm waiting for this contract extension to get my jersey...

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:25 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING View Post
ok im not sure where this rumor started but i've heard some people say that they dont think that lundqvist will be a Ranger his whole career. I personally dont agree with it, it would be like the panthers getting rid of Luongo which was absolute stupidity. What do you guys think?
I haven't seen anyone say they don't think Lundqvist will be a Ranger his whole career.

08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
NYR89

i think hank wants to stay a ranger his whole career...no matter where he goes he won't be as much of a rockstar he is in NYC

NYR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I don't recall seeing anything written to this effect.

In January you can bet that the Rangers will sign him to a long-term deal and Lundqvist will be here a while. After that contract is up its anyones guess and i'm really not concerned with that far down the road.

Hes 25 years old. The guy could be playing for another 15 years. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
oh baby

there is always the injury factor, look waht happened to blackburn and even mike r.
So you never know what could happen also they may think al could push him out.
I do think he will be a ranger for a good long time though.

oh baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:47 AM
elYankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
That'll show Wang who's wang is bigger and wangier.
Chien-Ming Wang of the New York Yankees is the biggest and Wangiest.

elYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:54 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh baby View Post
there is always the injury factor, look waht happened to blackburn and even mike r.
So you never know what could happen also they may think al could push him out.
I do think he will be a ranger for a good long time though.
i certainly think they might want to give Montoya some games (if they keep him and he fits under the cap) to provide Henrik with some realistic and talented competition but i dont think anyone expects Henrik to be pused out anytime soon...Montoya will be there to pusher Hank to greater heights before he's traded.

What Hank has proved in his first 2 years is almost unmatchable.

The injury factor and the cap limitations are what get me worrying about Hanks long term future. If he is healthy and the space is there, and if he wants to stay he'll be there.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Henrik_of_Jönköping

Quote:
This rumor could have started with the fact that Lundqvist might have said that he could consider finishing his career (last season) in Frölunda Indians in Sweden.

There is NO WAY this guy could even consider living in another city then NYC during his NHL career... Well,, maybe LA, I could imagine he would like it with the glmaour lifestyle in Hollywood, but our King want to be a winner and that, my friends, are exactly what he/ the rangers are going to be in the years to come!

Henrik_of_Jönköping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:29 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Hard to see, the future is.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

i think he'll be with us his whole career, if he stays the way he is or gets better he needs to really work on those up high corner shots. those killed us last year

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 10:12 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

The beauty of being the Rangers is that players can't leave to go to a better city. Money is important but players like Lundqvist come along once in a generation. He's here as long as his polay merits it. (Hopefully for a very long time)

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Nich

does everyone remember that richter was actually traded at one point to the oilers? or his right were at least before resigning with us....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
does everyone remember that richter was actually traded at one point to the oilers? or his right were at least before resigning with us....
Yea, Messier's rights were traded to the sharks for a pick.. just a ballsy move by slats knowing that the player will come back.

To his credit he hasn't pulled a Gretzky-esque trade since he's been here.

Carlos Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING View Post
Nah..Henrik Loves New York and New York loves him, He's a promising star here with the Rangers..So , if he gets pay the big $$$ , I can't see him leaving..Maybe, he would leave by the amount of $$ Slaths would offer him in the future..But you know, I doubt it.

Or..He would go either to the Islanders or the Devils

Wishful thinking though

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i think he'll be with us his whole career, if he stays the way he is or gets better he needs to really work on those up high corner shots. those killed us last year
i assume you're being sarcastic with that nonsense about the high corner shots. those are called perfect shots and it's how you beat elite goaltending. the best goalie in the world will still give up a goal or two a game...and that's the way goal scorers put the puck in the net.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote