HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist

Old
08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik_of_Jönköping View Post
This rumor could have started with the fact that Lundqvist might have said that he could consider finishing his career (last season) in Frölunda Indians in Sweden.

There is NO WAY this guy could even consider living in another city then NYC during his NHL career... Well,, maybe LA, I could imagine he would like it with the glmaour lifestyle in Hollywood, but our King want to be a winner and that, my friends, are exactly what he/ the rangers are going to be in the years to come!
Yeah, then he could become the King of Kings.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:36 PM
ThirdEye

I love the guy to death so I hope he stays, but stuff like this is impossible to predict. There are just way too many factors you have to consider when thinking of the future. Really, how many goalies have played for one team their whole career? Richter was a rarity, and I really hope Lundqvist follows suit. Can't bank on it though

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:38 PM
gers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
i think he'll be with us his whole career, if he stays the way he is or gets better he needs to really work on those up high corner shots. those killed us last year
you are kidding about the top shelf shots right?

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Speedtrials

I believe he will probably get a 6-8 year deal sometime in January. So I think he will be here for a while, but who knows what will happen when his first big contract is finished. All I know is outside of a few years of Dunham, our goaltending has been pretty good for almost 20 years. Beezer, Richter, Dunham, Lundqvist.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 12:47 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal0708 View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they kill us. But that certainly is Lundqvist's weak spot. Then again, it is for lots of goalies.

08-06-2007, 01:19 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, then he could become the King of Kings.
Can't happen, already taken by fellow countryman and fellow Henke.
Soccerplayer Henrik Larsson

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 02:16 PM
LUNDQVISTISAMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I love the guy to death so I hope he stays, but stuff like this is impossible to predict. There are just way too many factors you have to consider when thinking of the future. Really, how many goalies have played for one team their whole career? Richter was a rarity, and I really hope Lundqvist follows suit. Can't bank on it though

Your right but look at brodeur i mean but it could happen easily. I mean he is my favorite goalie. so i would love to see him there his whole career

LUNDQVISTISAMAZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 03:10 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to say that they kill us. But that certainly is Lundqvist's weak spot. Then again, it is for lots of goalies.
I think he gets beat with high shots somewhat frequently because he is almost impossible to score on down low. That means he has to face much more high shots than most goalies, and that = more goals given up high. So claiming he is weak at stopping high shots is just not very accurate imo, although I will admit that it wouldn't hurt to work a bit more on that

Of course I'm not 100% certain this is true, but it makes sense

Old
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
ThirdEye

Whoops, double post

Old
08-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
does everyone remember that richter was actually traded at one point to the oilers? or his right were at least before resigning with us....
Yeah, it happened, we also did the same with Leetch, I'm not sure but I think we got Markkanen in that one (Leetch's rights that is, don't recall what we got in trading Richter's rights).

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
I believe he will probably get a 6-8 year deal sometime in January. So I think he will be here for a while, but who knows what will happen when his first big contract is finished. All I know is outside of a few years of Dunham, our goaltending has been pretty good for almost 20 years. Beezer, Richter, Dunham, Lundqvist.
don't forget about Guy Hebert!!

08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
BklyNYR4Life

lets worry about a solid 5-6 year contract and take it from there. Hank loves playing here and being a rockstar in NYC, if the rangers brass treats him properly as far as the money is concerned, and we continue to improve and be competitive I dont see him going anywhere.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:55 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
i assume you're being sarcastic with that nonsense about the high corner shots. those are called perfect shots and it's how you beat elite goaltending. the best goalie in the world will still give up a goal or two a game...and that's the way goal scorers put the puck in the net.
sure... i knew that

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal0708 View Post
sure...

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2 View Post
I wouldn't mind taking a page out of the Isle's book and signing him to a 10-year deal or something.
Uhm, no. That would be dumber than the $4MM they gave him this season when they didn't have to.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 04:12 PM
shoothepuck

In sports today, it's very hard for a player to call one team home for the life of his playing days, and that goes for all sports. Sign him to 5/6 years in January and go from there.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:31 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
In sports today, it's very hard for a player to call one team home for the life of his playing days, and that goes for all sports. Sign him to 5/6 years in January and go from there.
I agree. Even with someone thats idolized by his/her fans, they should still feel obliged to earn the big contract. Let Henrik have a 5/6 year deal and come 4 years down the line you can see if he warrants an extension...im sure he will, my point being is what if Di Pietro's desire and skill levels have diminished in 10 years time to the point he's just an average player? the Isles will be saddled with another 20m to pay.

Keep the players motivatd to earn new deals. that goes for Henrik and i'd even have said that about a Gretzky in his heyday.....

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote