HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ortmeyer

Old
07-08-2007, 01:40 PM
tulsytrid1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
Ortmeyer, (shorthanded), (unassisted)

has a nice ring to it....
That it does brother. With this pick up the Nichol resigning had me wondering.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 03:26 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Saw Ortmeyer at the Palm tonight. He was with Hordichuk and Horachek. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves. I hope that if the team stays, that Ortmeyer stays for a long time.

Maybe this means Hordichuk will be resigning soon. Otherwise why would he be out with a coach and a new teammate?

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 02:44 PM
blue425

Yeah I'll echo what other Rangers fans have said. you'll love him. He brings it every shift and every night. Hands of stone, but he brings it. He did score on a penalty shot last year though.

Good luck Preds.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 02:55 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
Yeah I'll echo what other Rangers fans have said. you'll love him. He brings it every shift and every night. Hands of stone, but he brings it. He did score on a penalty shot last year though.

Good luck Preds.
Hands of stone...He'll fit in just fine with Fiddler.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hands of stone...He'll fit in just fine replacing Fiddler.
Fixed it.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Fixed it.
Hopefully Ortmeyer already has naked pictures of Trotz like Fiddler does...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
togahcky21

him and tootoo wow watch out

togahcky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
hey i love this signing, as evidenced by my avatar. Maybe its to do with the fact that i didnt think we would sign anyone this offseason, meh whatever...go ortmeyer!
Sather rather keep Hollweg than Orts I would have dealt Hollweg and even Hossa for that matter to resign Orts. PK players are valuable to the team during the year.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:40 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
Sather rather keep Hollweg than Orts I would have dealt Hollweg and even Hossa for that matter to resign Orts. PK players are valuable to the team during the year.

Problem for the Preds is that they have too many PK players and not enough for the PP.

PK: Gelinas, Ortmeyer, Nichol, Smithson, Fiddler, and Bonk

You onl need 4-5 wingers for the year on the PK

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:16 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Problem for the Preds is that they have too many PK players and not enough for the PP.

PK: Gelinas, Ortmeyer, Nichol, Smithson, Fiddler, and Bonk

You onl need 4-5 wingers for the year on the PK
only guys from that list id take is gelinas, ortmeyer and maybe bonk. the others are not that great.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:21 AM
togahcky21

youre pretty much a angry ranger fan since you lost ortmyer

togahcky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Rangers are my #2 team, and I'm a huge fan of Orts.

The guy busted his @$$ to make the team as a young role-player when the Rangers organization seemed interested in neither of those things. I really didn't think the Rangers would hurt so bad when he went down with a PE, but they lost a lot on the PK when he was out.

I agree with whomever said the Rags should've dumped Hollweg and re-signed Orts, health concerns be damned. Punks are a dime-a-dozen, you can't put a price on character. I think he'll be a great addition to the Preds.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Rangers are my #2 team, and I'm a huge fan of Orts.

The guy busted his @$$ to make the team as a young role-player when the Rangers organization seemed interested in neither of those things. I really didn't think the Rangers would hurt so bad when he went down with a PE, but they lost a lot on the PK when he was out.

I agree with whomever said the Rags should've dumped Hollweg and re-signed Orts, health concerns be damned. Punks are a dime-a-dozen, you can't put a price on character. I think he'll be a great addition to the Preds.
You're just trying to curry favor so I won't whoop you on the TSN boards the way I did all those years ago

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by togahcky21 View Post
youre pretty much a angry ranger fan since you lost ortmyer
Well, I think the person you are referring to above does a have a point. Smithson is a terrible PKer. He couldn't clear a puck to save his life. Nichol and Fiddler are a bit better because they work hard.

Old
08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Smithson is a terrible PKer. He couldn't clear a puck to save his life. Nichol and Fiddler are a bit better because they work hard.
Surprised to see this about Smithson....in fact, I can remember some incredible clears by Smithson that include while flat on his belly on the ice. I certainly wouldn't classify him as "terrible" and I think it is debateable the rank order of who is the best PKer of the three mentioned above.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Surprised to see this about Smithson....in fact, I can remember some incredible clears by Smithson that include while flat on his belly on the ice. I certainly wouldn't classify him as "terrible" and I think it is debateable the rank order of who is the best PKer of the three mentioned above.
Like I said, I can remember numerous times where Smithson failed to clear the puck out or put it directly on a defensemen's stick. Not sure what rank order you are referring to.

Old
08-08-2007, 03:59 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Like I said, I can remember numerous times where Smithson failed to clear the puck out or put it directly on a defensemen's stick. Not sure what rank order you are referring to.

I can remember all of our Pkers failing to clear pucks after different times, I just don't remember Smithson failing to clear more than anybody else.

As far as rank order, I was refering to ranking Smithson, Fiddler, and Nichol....1, 2, 3 from best to worst as PKers.
I would be surprised if there was a total consensus as to what that order might be among knowledgeble Pred fans.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Actually, I'm going to agree with both of you. Smithson is a good pker (really good to be honest), but his weakness is poor puck clearing ability. I believe he was even benched for it early on last season (Trotz said something to the effect that he didn't like what Smithson was doing.)

08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
congrats to the preds for picking up orty. as a rangers fan im really really worried about the pk next year costing us games. before orty came back we didnt have any pkers to rely on in clutch situations. it is no coincidence that the rangers pk drastically improved in december on after orty came back from his injury. i didnt like him his rookie year and thought he was garbage. then i started to gain some respect for him through his incredible pk and courage.

to orty in nashville

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Look I hate to rain on the parade but if Ortmeyer is getting anything near 10 minutes on a night at even strength the preds are in trouble..

Ortmeyer is a decent to good penalty killer with no hands and no nose for the net...At times last season he played very lazy...

The reason Rangers fans loved him so much is because his first year on the team 03-04 he was the only young player and the only guy that showed any consistant effort...

This whole contract dispute thing is pure speculation..The Rangers had Ortmeyer as a spokesperson at all charity events last season when Ortmeyer was recovering...does anybody honesty think Ortmeyer would have been asked to do that if he was pissed at the team or vice versa?

He is a nice little player but he has peaked as a hockey player and there are legit reasons why the Rangers let him walk...I'm not trying to be a troll I'm just trying to give my two cents...Heart and soul only gets you so far...Ortmeyer is lacking talent and i wouldn't be surprised if he became a great AHL captain someday..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Look I hate to rain on the parade but if Ortmeyer is getting anything near 10 minutes on a night at even strength the preds are in trouble..

Ortmeyer is a decent to good penalty killer with no hands and no nose for the net...At times last season he played very lazy...

The reason Rangers fans loved him so much is because his first year on the team 03-04 he was the only young player and the only guy that showed any consistant effort...

This whole contract dispute thing is pure speculation..The Rangers had Ortmeyer as a spokesperson at all charity events last season when Ortmeyer was recovering...does anybody honesty think Ortmeyer would have been asked to do that if he was pissed at the team or vice versa?

He is a nice little player but he has peaked as a hockey player and there are legit reasons why the Rangers let him walk...I'm not trying to be a troll I'm just trying to give my two cents...Heart and soul only gets you so far...Ortmeyer is lacking talent and i wouldn't be surprised if he became a great AHL captain someday..

Where do you see anyone listing Ortmeyer as anything more than a 3rd line player...at best? Most of us are arguing that he'll probably play on the fourth line, and will be given a CHANCE to make the third line.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Where do you see anyone listing Ortmeyer as anything more than a 3rd line player...at best? Most of us are arguing that he'll probably play on the fourth line, and will be given a CHANCE to make the third line.
I read the article on the first page of the thread??

where did i say he would be anything more then a 3rd line player for you guys? Read what i wrote again....please...I was just giving my two cents on a player i've seen for 3 seasons..Actually 4 if you count the lockout...but hey what do i know?

good luck with jed...

Old
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
I read the article on the first page of the thread??

where did i say he would be anything more then a 3rd line player for you guys? Read what i wrote again....please...I was just giving my two cents on a player i've seen for 3 seasons..Actually 4 if you count the lockout...but hey what do i know?

good luck with jed...
Everyone's entitled to thier opinion.

We'll take yours, and weigh it against the several dozen other Ranger fans who've come on here to tell us how much they like Ortmeyer and will miss him next year.

You might be right. Then again, you might not.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Everyone's entitled to thier opinion.

We'll take yours, and weigh it against the several dozen other Ranger fans who've come on here to tell us how much they like Ortmeyer and will miss him next year.

You might be right. Then again, you might not.
the non fan of ortmeyers play isn't going to come on here and tell it like it is...

post a legit thread on the rangers board about ortmeyer to get some well rounded opinions..

ortmeyer doesn't suck by any means but imho he has peaked as a hockey player and played at time last season some real lazy hockey...stuff that's been discussed on the rangers board...

but again what do i know?

Old
08-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
the non fan of ortmeyers play isn't going to come on here and tell it like it is...

post a legit thread on the rangers board about ortmeyer to get some well rounded opinions..

ortmeyer doesn't suck by any means but imho he has peaked as a hockey player and played at time last season some real lazy hockey...stuff that's been discussed on the rangers board...

but again what do i know?
and look who the rangers captain has been the last couple of years, the younger players follow there captain's work habits

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote