HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers should 150% target Marian Hossa in 08

Closed Thread

Old
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
TheHotRock

vCash: 500
Rangers should 150% target Marian Hossa in 08

Heatley isn't leaving ottawa and I'd rather have Marian than Ilya.

Think about it, you got the brother thing going on, plus you're gonna need to replace Jags with a real top 10 talent in this league, plus that one(maybe 2) year(s) of them playing together would be absolutely insane. Cap shouldn't be an issue with all of that money coming off the books next year....plus, the cap is sure to go up at least 3 mil.
Alright, I can't think about this anymore, I might cream myself.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
KoA

yeah but that whole Marian Hossa chokes in the playoffs thing might be a problem.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Pass.

08-08-2007, 02:22 PM
rodmunch

I dont think locking Hossa into a long term contract would be good from the Rangers POV.

Besides, they have many prospects coming up who Im sure can do the job

Old
08-08-2007, 02:22 PM
otterulz

The cap will only decrease by 23% while player contracts are projected to rise 37%. By then, fan attendance will steadily decrease 1.8% after seeing a healthy 13.583% increase. This will leave Sather only a 78% targeting range for Marian, who is 24.8% older than Marcel.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
TheHotRock

I don't understand some of you. I wouldn't be comofortable entering a hockey season with my two biggest offensive weapons being gomez and drury.......jags isn't gonna live forever.

Old
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
With both Shanny & most likely Straka retiring, that will be at least 5.8m coming off the books, if we squeeze Shanny's bonuses in this year, it could potentially be 8.6m available. The contracts needing to be taken care of on defense is a whole different situation, let's just say we'll have the flexibility to allocate the same money on offense next season as we do this season. (Which is almost 34m total) We should be able to sign a superstar like Hossa for between 6-8.. Will he sign with the first team to throw 10m at him, or will he respect Crosby's cap number being 8.7? We'll see, but I'd love to see Marian on Broadway.

Old
Speedtrials

After we lock up Lundqvist longterm, I don't know if it will be wise or possible to give out another expensive long-term contract.

Old
jdr016

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterulz View Post
The cap will only decrease by 23% while player contracts are projected to rise 37%. By then, fan attendance will steadily decrease 1.8% after seeing a healthy 13.583% increase. This will leave Sather only a 78% targeting range for Marian, who is 24.8% older than Marcel.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:25 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Pass.
Hmm... I'm curious as to why you are so quick to say no to a player of his extremely talented skillset.. Yeah, he hasn't been as good in the playoffs as he is in the regular season.. but 35 points in 55 g is more than respectable. I usually agree with you SBOB, but not this time.. He'd be the perfect replacement for Jagr. Ps, he'll still be in his 20's by then.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
mschmidt64

How do we know Heatley isn't going anywhere?

I'd much rather him.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:27 PM
rodmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
I don't understand some of you. I wouldn't be comofortable entering a hockey season with my two biggest offensive weapons being gomez and drury.......jags isn't gonna live forever.
The point is, the Rangers already have Gomez and Drury locked in to expensive longterm deals, and Lundqvist should also get one. While Hossa would be great, I doubt the Rangers could afford yet another expensive longterm deal while being able field good depth on the roster.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Hmm... I'm curious as to why you are so quick to say no to a player of his extremely talented skillset.. Yeah, he hasn't been as good in the playoffs as he is in the regular season.. but 35 points in 55 g is more than respectable. I usually agree with you SBOB, but not this time.. He'd be the perfect replacement for Jagr. Ps, he'll still be in his 20's by then.
Simple I don't like the guy. He didn't show up in the playoffs. And the only reason we are discussing him is his brother is here (and by no means a lock to be back next season).

I'd rather replace Jagr by having better team depth and more offensive players. Not try to slide another player into that spot.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:28 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoA View Post
yeah but that whole Marian Hossa chokes in the playoffs thing might be a problem.
i am just wondering how long are you following NHL or.. hockey?
just this season?

Old
08-08-2007, 02:29 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
The point is, the Rangers already have Gomez and Drury locked in to expensive longterm deals, and Lundqvist should also get one. While Hossa would be great, I doubt the Rangers could afford yet another expensive longterm deal while being able field good depth on the roster.
Yeah.. the more I think of it, the only issue I would have is the contract... but if some of the bigger contracts ( like Malik's) might be off the books and no one knows what this team will look like by then.

Old
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
How do we know Heatley isn't going anywhere?

I'd much rather him.
With Cherry coming maybe a LW would be a better target.

A Heatley-Drury-Cherepanov line would be something..

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
Yeah.. the more I think of it, the only issue I would have is the contract... but if some of the bigger contracts ( like Malik's) might be off the books and no one knows what this team will look like by then.
2.5M is a big contract?

Old
08-08-2007, 02:30 PM
TheHotRock

Quote:
I'd rather replace Jagr by having better team depth and more offensive players. Not try to slide another player into that spot.
I'd rather replace him by hiring a scientist to create me a 25 year old Gretzky, but some things are not realistic.

cherepanov, dawes, korpikoski, anisimov, pyatt, dubinsky- these guys aren't jagr.

prucha is not a game changer, neither is gomez, neither is drury, or any other forward on our team or in our system.

we're gonna need to sign someone to replace JJ. If you dont like Marian Hossa, be productive and throw a few names out there, don't spew nonsense rhetoric.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:33 PM
rodmunch

Quote:
I'd rather replace him by hiring a scientist to create me a 25 year old Gretzky, but some things are not realistic.

cherepanov, dawes, korpikoski, anisimov, pyatt, dubinsky- these guys aren't jagr.

prucha is not a game changer, neither is gomez, neither is drury, or any other forward on our team or in our system.

we're gonna need to sign someone to replace JJ. If you dont like Marian Hossa, be productive and throw a few names out there, don't spew nonsense rhetoric.
Wow

Old
08-08-2007, 02:33 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Nobody's Jagr. And that includes Marian Hossa.

But if you can get three guys who are solid offensive players to go along with Gomez and Drury, I'll be very happy to go to war with that team.

And if you don't like other people's opinions (or at least those that don't coincide with yours, perhaps you should not start threads.

Old
08-08-2007, 02:34 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Simple — I don't like the guy. He didn't show up in the playoffs. And the only reason we are discussing him is his brother is here (and by no means a lock to be back next season).

LOL

he didn't show up in the playoffSSSSS???? plural?

Old
08-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

Trading at the deadline, or next summer for Marty St Louis (5.25m) would be very doable..

Old
08-08-2007, 02:36 PM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Nobody's Jagr. And that includes Marian Hossa.

But if you can get three guys who are solid offensive players to go along with Gomez and Drury, I'll be very happy to go to war with that team.

And if you don't like other people's opinions (or at least those that don't coincide with yours, perhaps you should not start threads.
i don't think marian is good fit for rangers. oh..
he is good fit in any team but... he is not one of the BEST fit for rangers and vice versa...

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
LOL

Playoffs is singular, professor.

Example: "The Rangers made the playoffs this past season".

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 08-08-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old
rodmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakfan View Post
LOL

well, I know he was reportedly hurt, but he still didnt show up, I mean, I believe his brother outscored him in the series (I could be wrong of course)

Closed Thread