Hossa or Kovvy?

Old
08-07-2007, 05:42 PM
iLau
Always Mighty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post

If Scott Niedermayer does not return we should be able to afford Hossa. Can you think of a better available replacement for Selanne than Hossa?

I would trade Getz for Kovvy in a heartbeat.

Why do it? Because imagine this PP lineup.

Hossa
Getzlaf
McDonald
Pronger
Schnieder
As nice as that looks, it just won't happen.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:

If Scott Niedermayer does not return we should be able to afford Hossa. Can you think of a better available replacement for Selanne than Hossa?

I would trade Getz for Kovvy in a heartbeat.

Why do it? Because imagine this PP lineup.

Hossa
Getzlaf
McDonald
Pronger
Schnieder
If Nieds retires, then we're at around 42 million. That means we have about 2 million dollars left in our budget. Who's making 4 million that you'd send to Atlanta for Hossa? That they would want?

Sorry, we're stuck salary wise without improving our team much. Which is what sucks about Penner, he would have been a decent value at say 2.5 million, putting us at our budget of 44 million.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
If Nieds retires, then we're at around 42 million. That means we have about 2 million dollars left in our budget. Who's making 4 million that you'd send to Atlanta for Hossa? That they would want?

Sorry, we're stuck salary wise without improving our team much. Which is what sucks about Penner, he would have been a decent value at say 2.5 million, putting us at our budget of 44 million.

Wait wait...what happened to 47 million as our number? And being able to go over if necessary?

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanadian View Post
No. Ottawa would not trade Spezza for Getz straight up.

Question was already posed (sort of). What is Getz gonna get next year, given the crazy Penner raise? Spezza will likely be up to $6.5M (maybe $7M). What will Getz be up to, now that Penner got a "raise" up to $4.3M (courtesy of Lowe)?
Who knows? Cammalerri got 3.1 and 3.4 in arbitration. I see Getz somewhere in the 4 milrange and I doubt the Ducks would trade Getz for Spezza either by the way because he fits the team better.

and of note...Dwayne errr Eklund has Hossa to the Ducks as an E3 which means he took a dump in the shape of a D.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller View Post

and of note...Dwayne errr Eklund has Hossa to the Ducks as an E3 which means he took a dump in the shape of a D.

Thats hilarious!

Ecklund probably put it up there because he read me posting about it all damn week!

Old
08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Wait wait...what happened to 47 million as our number? And being able to go over if necessary?
Last I heard from Burke it was 44-45 million, and he had permission to go over while there's uncertainty with Selanne and Niedermayer but that he would look to get back to that number eventually. This was after he had signed Bertuzzi. I think he might have confirmed this at the season ticket holder choose a seat event (from some reports... maybe a real STH can confirm).

Are you talking about some newer announcement?

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Last I heard from Burke it was 44-45 million, and he had permission to go over while there's uncertainty with Selanne and Niedermayer but that he would look to get back to that number eventually. This was after he had signed Bertuzzi. I think he might have confirmed this at the season ticket holder choose a seat event (from some reports... maybe a real STH can confirm).

Are you talking about some newer announcement?
No, I just thought that I read he was going with 47 mil and may go over if necessary.