HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Update! Rucinsky

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 05:59 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
bottom line is we sign him we get a good prospect and we don't, we get a second rounder.

cant complain.

as for rucinsky he might actually be a little better than expected, esp if Bertuzzi sits for a while and Rucinsky plays on the top line.
Bertuzzi deserves to sit for a while... I think that given the Sanderson deal as well, Burke is expecting Bertuzzi to be gone for the rest of the season and the playoffs... and even as a Canuck fan I can't say that he doesn't deserve it, if not more...

I see Rucinsky being the guy that first gets the shot to fit in with the Sedins... if he doesn't work with him, Sanderson will be tried there... but Rucinsky will either get that spot, or play with Naslund it looks like.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:32 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
well he might be a little further away because of this lost year.

But having said that, he should be signed in time for the ahl playoffs.

as for grenier, he'll be the cup of of coffee, "we need a fighter" callup.
WHy does he have a lost year? He's been playing at Ohio State?? Not the AHL, but not exactly a lost year ...

Old
03-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Edge

nope he missed this year because he hired an agent. he hasnt played since last season.

he and vancouver were gonna sign a contract but burke lowballed him and umberger really had no choice {with the exception of europe}but to sit out.

he could back to college because of ncaa rules about agents and he was too old for juniors.

so he sat out, but he has worked out with team usa throughout the year.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:49 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
nope he missed this year because he hired an agent. he hasnt played since last season.

he and vancouver were gonna sign a contract but burke lowballed him and umberger really had no choice {with the exception of europe}but to sit out.

he could back to college because of ncaa rules about agents and he was too old for juniors.

so he sat out, but he has worked out with team usa throughout the year.
My bad ... thought I saw somewhere that he was playing at Ohio this year ... must have misread it.

Old
03-09-2004, 10:52 PM
Edge

nope he had to miss the whole year. very weird situation.

on a weird side note, i've probably done like 200 posts in the past 4 days. like a week ago i had like 2700 posts.

heck this time last year i had about 600 {because the server reset} and someone was giving me crap about doing a mock draft {needed 1000 posts}.

Well needless to say i've had nearly 2400 since, not even a year.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Impossibles

I don't know what has been said of Grenier, but we got to see him play a few games for the canucks, and I'm convinced he will become a #5-7 d-man. He's a behemoth, but handles the puck surprisingly well for such a big guy.

He is pretty good defensively, but a lot of canucks fans will say he isn't because he's not exactly a bruising d-man. He's a lot like Marek Malik...huge but slow, using his reach and positional play to his advantage. But when push comes to shove, he's a beast. Wait till you see this guy play, his hands are like giant hams.

He also appears to be a really good team guy.

I hope he gets a shot to play in the NHL. From the little I saw of him, I was immediately made a fan.

Closed Thread