HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Vydareny?

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Malakhov

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Vydareny?

Just noticed the Habs and Canucks traded together today:

Blouin for Vydareny

Yeah it's a small trade but I'm curious about Vydareny, he was ranked 8th in the Canucks prospects at HF at the beggining of the season. How is he?

Blouin was useless to us so Vydareny can't be worst heh but I'm curious about him, any Canucks fan can enlighten me about him?

P.S. : I really feel for what's going on with Bertuzzi and your team and I'd like to wish you guys g'luck for the rest of the season and the playoffs. I really want a fellow canadian team to do well.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Impossibles

He's an inigma.

Played well in Junior, but hasn't done much since. Apparently he can skate like the wind, but can't put his game together at an NHL level.

What's the story with Blouin?

Old
03-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Vydareny is a tremendous skater. Has speed and power in his stride, and was definitely the best skating Canuck D-man in every camp he attended. Unfortunately, the rest of his game has never caught up to his raw skill, so he continues to struggle mightily even in the AHL, and is borderline ECHL material at this point. Maybe the change in scenery will spark him, but I doubt it. He seems a lost cause at this point.

Old
03-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Malakhov

Well Blouin is supposed (key word is supposed here) to be an enforcer.

But in reality he's an enforcer that never fights, that's how good a goon he is

Old
03-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Malakhov

I guess both teams exchanged 2 low prospects hoping a change of scenery would spark them, nothing wrong with that I guess

Old
03-10-2004, 12:04 AM
orcatown

Canucks need a scrapper in Manitoba with Grenier gone. Simple as that. Vydarney can do every thing but think. Fatal flaw at the NHL level. He is the type of player that will kill you at the pro level.

Old
03-10-2004, 02:02 AM
MattScott

Send a message via MSN to MattScott
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
Canucks need a scrapper in Manitoba with Grenier gone. Simple as that. Vydarney can do every thing but think. Fatal flaw at the NHL level. He is the type of player that will kill you at the pro level.
Blouin will try to be that enforcer for your Moose, but unfortunately he won't do a great job. He's an awful hockey player than doesn't win fights. Give him an "A" for effort, but I'd be hesitant to even grade his results, because frankly I've yet to see any. I regret the day the Habs wasted a mid round pick getting this guy, soley because he was an old buddy of Michel Therrien's. Thankfully you guys won't have to suffer through having him play in the NHL. On the plus side he sucks equally as bad at defense, meaning that last year when Hamilton was really short on D, Blouin stepped in and sucked up the back end, he's versatile

Old
03-10-2004, 10:49 AM
LaVal

it wasn't long ago that Vydareny was one of the Canuck's top prospects. as mentioned, his biggest asset is his speed. not only is he fast, but has great acceleration and mobility. he always seems to make an impression at training camp, but tallies off as he starts the season in the minors. still needs to work on his defensive abilities. with a change of scenery he might become a darkhorse prospect in Montreal. even if he doesn't, getting anything for Blouin is a steal.

Old
03-10-2004, 11:27 AM
Yammer

I've seen Vydarney in scrimmages in training camp and playing a game against UBC. He looked lost in his own zone, handled the puck like a live grenade, and the much-vaunted speed was not on display.

Why? Who knows. Maybe he gained too much muscle over the summer and slowed down. Maybe he wasn't getting the right coaching or right situations with Vancouver.

Hope he does better for Montreal.

Closed Thread