HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

One Week To Go

Old
08-08-2007, 09:38 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
One Week To Go

on Roche, Olver and Reese I think. Will Sather let these players walk or attempt to sign them so we can have more depth??? Any rumors or rumblings on these college players???

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I would hope he'd sign Olver. We used a fairly high pick on him and he's a pretty skilled player.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:45 PM
NYR1724

I remember reading that Dylan Reese did not like the Rangers initial contract offer, so I would not be shocked if he walked.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
FLYLine24*

Let 'em all walk. Reese is the only one I am remotely hoping signs but even if he doesn't I won't lose any sleep over it.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 10:42 PM
kovalev27hf

bad terrible and useless. let them go

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Speedtrials

I remember during a draft special a few years ago, an ex-assistant coach, I believe Walt Kyle, was raving about Darrin Olver. To bad it doesn't seem like he panned out.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:21 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
I remember during a draft special a few years ago, an ex-assistant coach, I believe Walt Kyle, was raving about Darrin Olver. To bad it doesn't seem like he panned out.
I think they should keep Olver and Reese. Sather has been known in the past for offering deals to keep them purely as trade bait and assets. He ssems to like stock piling assets. I'd be shocked if they all went UFA. If they all walked then Sather must not be high on them at all.

Are there enough contracts left to go around?

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 06:21 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Let them go.Olver signed with a team in Germany in early June.The Rangers have 47 NHL contracts which includes Bobby Sanguinetti.If Reese is willing to sign an AHL contract that probably could be arranged.Dan Girardi and Corey Potter had AHL contracts before signing NHL contracts.Their play was rewarded by the Rangers.Next spring,the Rangers have to make decisions on Ryan Hillier,David Kveton and Tomas Zaborsky.Hillier and Kveton could re-enter the draft and Zaborsky could a free agent(sign an AHL deal).Then there is Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny from the 2004 draft which need to be signed by 6/1/08 or they become free agents.Next 8/15,there is Billy Ryan and Jordan Foote.They could sign Alexei Cherepanov and Antoine Lafleur(who is eligible to play in HFD next season)next summer.There are only some many contracts to go around.Roche and Reese weren't invited to the Rangers prospects camp in June which is in an indication those two players are not in the plans.Foote wasn't invited either.Ryan was invited.Last season,Potter was invited to the camp while Nate Guenin and Joey Crabb weren't

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 07:03 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Let them go.Olver signed with a team in Germany in early June.The Rangers have 47 NHL contracts which includes Bobby Sanguinetti.If Reese is willing to sign an AHL contract that probably could be arranged.Dan Girardi and Corey Potter had AHL contracts before signing NHL contracts.Their play was rewarded by the Rangers.Next spring,the Rangers have to make decisions on Ryan Hillier,David Kveton and Tomas Zaborsky.Hillier and Kveton could re-enter the draft and Zaborsky could a free agent(sign an AHL deal).Then there is Zdenek Bahensky and Roman Psurny from the 2004 draft which need to be signed by 6/1/08 or they become free agents.Next 8/15,there is Billy Ryan and Jordan Foote.They could sign Alexei Cherepanov and Antoine Lafleur(who is eligible to play in HFD next season)next summer.There are only some many contracts to go around.Roche and Reese weren't invited to the Rangers prospects camp in June which is in an indication those two players are not in the plans.Foote wasn't invited either.Ryan was invited.Last season,Potter was invited to the camp while Nate Guenin and Joey Crabb weren't
if we have that little amount of NHL contracts left then if they wont tak an AHL contract i agree, let them go.
they are border line at best for the NHL even if they do posess some decent talent. I hope we sign Kveton and Hillier nxt yr. Im also hoping LaFleur stays another year in the Q, no need to rush him to the pros and have him bench warming as a 20 yr old....

I was disappointed we didnt hang on to Crabb. Isnt he moving up the depth chart in Colorado???

Old
08-09-2007, 08:29 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
if we have that little amount of NHL contracts left then if they wont tak an AHL contract i agree, let them go.
they are border line at best for the NHL even if they do posess some decent talent. I hope we sign Kveton and Hillier nxt yr. Im also hoping LaFleur stays another year in the Q, no need to rush him to the pros and have him bench warming as a 20 yr old....

I was disappointed we didnt hang on to Crabb. Isnt he moving up the depth chart in Colorado???
Crabb had 22 points in 63 games as a 23/24 year old rookie in the AHL. No big loss...

And he's in the Atlanta organization, not Colorado.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:42 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Crabb had 22 points in 63 games as a 23/24 year old rookie in the AHL. No big loss...

my bad, he was at Colorado college. at the end of the day in his first year as a pro from college, where there is a much smaller schedule, takes adjusting. 23 points isnt so bad at all and he ahd a positive +/- so thats far from a bad first year.

He'd have been worth at least another season to look at considering he has only 1year as pro. Doesnt matter now anyway!!!

Old
08-09-2007, 08:44 AM
rodmunch

Quote:

Dont forget he spent a good time playing with talented AHL vets, inflating his numbers

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrials View Post
Kyle was Olver's coach at Northern Michigan. A little homerism perhaps?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
Dont forget he spent a good time playing with talented AHL vets, inflating his numbers
you could argue that for every rookie playing on good teams. He still has to put the numbers up and the +/- helps indicate he was definseively responsible, although Malik shows than can be misleading at times!!!

i just think we gave up on him too early. Hell, Pock is 25 or so, so why not give the kid another year thats all im saying....

Old
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
my bad, he was at Colorado college. at the end of the day in his first year as a pro from college, where there is a much smaller schedule, takes adjusting. 23 points isnt so bad at all and he ahd a positive +/- so thats far from a bad first year.

He'd have been worth at least another season to look at considering he has only 1year as pro. Doesnt matter now anyway!!!
Sure, there is an adjustment period, but a 22 point rookie season (at 23/24 y/o) in 60+ games still doesn't bode well for an NHL future. Not talking about a 20 year old fresh out of junior hockey. He might turn out to be a solid AHLer and get some spot duty here and there with a big club sometime, but most likely nothing more. He was an expendable player... plus like RangerBoy said there are only a limited number of NHL contracts to go around.

But your right... doesn't matter much now anyway

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:59 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Sure, there is an adjustment period, but a 22 point rookie season (at 23/24 y/o) in 60+ games still doesn't bode well for an NHL future. Not talking about a 20 year old fresh out of junior hockey. He might turn out to be a solid AHLer and get some spot duty here and there with a big club sometime, but most likely nothing more. He was an expendable player... plus like RangerBoy said there are only a limited number of NHL contracts to go around.

But your right... doesn't matter much now anyway
definitely a moot point, and the fatc there is only so many contracts to go around makes himexpendable but it'd been worth a try to get him on an AHL contract like Girardi once was.... anyway, good luck to him in Atlanta!

Old
08-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Kyle was Olver's coach at Northern Michigan. A little homerism perhaps?
Don't get me started on this draft pick, remember, I predicted that pick because of Kyle, never liked how high he was drafted, unwarranted.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 11:23 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Did Sather even know Olver existed?If you have access to the Inside the Rangers feature done by MSG Network on the 2004 draft,you will see Maloney telling Sather that Olver will be a good player with Sather offering no input

Move on people

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Don't get me started on this draft pick, remember, I predicted that pick because of Kyle, never liked how high he was drafted, unwarranted.
Seems to be a trend, Hugh, Olver, lets just hope we can't add Bobby S to that list.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 01:14 PM
jc25

Bobby S got injured yesterday btw...hopefully it's nothing serious

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote