HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is your Head Scout?

Old
08-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Buckleys

vCash: 500
Who is your Head Scout?

Senators fan here. Nashville is my second favourite team (thanks to the Senapreds alliance), and I was wondering who your head scout was.

Weber, Suter, and Hamhuis look to be the next "Big 3" in hockey, and when you have guys like Franson and Klein in the mix, thats one scary good defense in the future.

He seems like he sure knows what hes doing.

Thanks in advance

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
Senators fan here. Nashville is my second favourite team (thanks to the Senapreds alliance), and I was wondering who your head scout was.

Weber, Suter, and Hamhuis look to be the next "Big 3" in hockey, and when you have guys like Franson and Klein in the mix, thats one scary good defense in the future.

He seems like he sure knows what hes doing.

Thanks in advance
I believe that Jeff Kealty was just promoted to the Chief Amateur Scout position and he has been in the organization for quite some time now, but he is regionally only responsible really for the New England/Northeastern US scouting.

Both Ray Shero and Paul Fenton have also both overseen the scouting department within their respective roles in the organization, but have since moved onto other roles.

Here's a current listing of our scouts:
Director of Hockey Operations: Michael Santos
Professional Scouts: Nick Beverley, Shawn Dineen
Chief Amateur Scout: Jeff Kealty
North American Amateur Scouts: Gord Donnelly, Rick Knickle, Glen Sanders, and David Westby
European Scouts: Lucas Bergman, Janne Kekalainen, Martin Bakula

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 09:55 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I've heard that Paul Fenton was a big part of some of our "steal" picks. What role is he performing, now?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 10:17 AM
PredsMan

isn't he Assistant GM?

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I've heard that Paul Fenton was a big part of some of our "steal" picks. What role is he performing, now?
Yes, as PredMan said...he is the assistant GM now replacing Ray Shero last season when Shero moved onto the Penguins.

I would believe, although have no confirmation, that Fenton is still involved with the scouting department, however due to his increased responsibilities and the fact that he lives year-round in Massachusetts...Kealty, who incidentally also lives in Massachusetts, was promoted to Chief Amateur Scout to help organize our scouting for the draft and allow Fenton to contribute, but not spend as much time on the Draft.

I also have a sneaky suspicion that Kealty was offered a job outside of the organization and was promoted to keep him in the fold, but again...that is my wild imagination working and don't take it with any more meaning than a grain of salt.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote