Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Loui Eriksson

Old
08-05-2007, 03:41 PM
hawks35

vCash: 500
Loui Eriksson

I dont know much about him so I thought you guys could help. Is he making the team this year, and if so, what is his ceiling? Is he a 50-60pt player or is that too low?

Also, if he does play this year will he be on a scoring line and what do you predict his numbers next year will be?

Any help would be much appreciate, thanks guys.

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Chad_

Barring a huge disappointment during camp, he'll make the team. Armstrong has mentioned a few times this offseason he's one of the young guys who will have to step up this year and help fill in the gaps.

Likely he'll be on one of the top two lines to start the season, with an expected point total of around 40 points.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
________

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
About 40 points is a reasonable expectation out of Eriksson next season.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonking View Post
If he plays 80 games with the big club and only ends up with 40 points, I think it will be a disappointment. Last year he scored 5 in 59 games -- 8 in 80. If he doesn't double that and push 18-20 then I will be sorely disappointed.
I disagree. If he scores 40 points this season, it would put him near the top on the team in scoring. And besides, I'd rather undershoot any pre-season estimate and be pleasantly surprised than disappointed if I had written, say, 55 points.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 01:50 AM
hawks35

what do you feel his ceiling is when he finally hits his stride in the nhl? Would a perennial 60pt player be about right or is that too low for him? I dont know much about his skill set so im completely guessing with the 60.

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 06:30 AM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks35 View Post
what do you feel his ceiling is when he finally hits his stride in the nhl? Would a perennial 60pt player be about right or is that too low for him? I dont know much about his skill set so im completely guessing with the 60.
Hard to say. He ceiling in Dallas and his ceiling in the NHL are about 15-20 points different, but I (for one) feel he is absolutely a top-6 forward and that he has 1st line potential. He's a good skater and he plays with pace, but exactly how many points that translates to is too hard to say at this point.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Starsdude

Has not show an ability to get in good shooting positions, is not great with the puck- I am more from Mizzou on him-in other words show me

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Svensken

60 Points will be kind of stretching it too far. But give him powerplay time and so on I think he will do atleast 10 more goals and 15 more assist than last season.

Svensken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
He's also shown that he gets knocked off the puck and the play pretty easily by physical players. He either needs to get more elusive (a la Ribeiro) or stronger like Jokinen seemed to last year. Without that, his ceiling will be in the 25-30 point range. With a bit more muscle and poise, I'm hoping he can get up to 40 points this year.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 06:37 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
I think loui is going to suprise a lot of ppl this year

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Ruutu15

I think Loui will do well this year, hopefully he added some bulk (I actually told it to him when I saw him in Frisco), he was easily knocked off the puck.
But when I say well, I have to say he will do well for a Star, so 40-50pts would be good.

Ruutu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 07:46 AM
DayQuil*

If there are two guys that will surprise anyone this year from the Dallas roster it is Loui Eriksson and Joel Lundqvist. Both these players are under-rated to me... Eriksson has top line potetial.

DayQuil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Kevin Wey

Eriksson may struggle to put on a great deal of mass. Shake his hand and you'll see that he has a thin skeletal frame. His wrists aren't real thick (he has muscle, it's just around a slender frame) and his hands and ankles are thin, too. This isn't all bad, it just is, and people with naturally thin frames have trouble bulking up to 200 pounds, etc.

Eriksson can still do things to improve his balance on the puck so that he doesn't get knocked off, like weightlifting, plyometrics, and sprint intervals. Those all increase leg strength, and plyos help with balance, too. In the AHL, Eriksson was able to use his speed and intelligence in protecting the puck along the boards and in the corners. He won most of such one-on-one battles as his AHL experience progressed. His scoring came down to his breakaway speed and breakaway passes (primarily from Toby Petersen). Give Eriksson a chance to skate with say Mike Ribeiro, and he should put up the sort of numbers you'd expect out of a second liner.

I personally do not think Eriksson will become more than a good second liner. As for Lundqvist, I think he's more bound to be a third or fourth line center in the NHL. Even in Sweden, his game was similar to that of a third or fourth line NHLer. This is how most of Dallas' forward prospects are: third or fourth line projections. The Stars have a lot of them, but not so many blue chip offensive talents that would populate one of the first two lines. James Neal is obviously one of them who does have top six potential, though.

Kevin Wey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Berg

I certainly would hope for more from Loui but reading various websites and fantasy guides, all the "experts" are predicting a 2nd line future for him. I guess that would be the status quo (30+30=60)

I wonder if he did any bulking up this summer?

Super Berg is offline   Reply With Quote