HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

best goal youve ever scored

Old
08-09-2007, 02:35 PM
slade

vCash: 500
one on one- i backed up the dman enough where he gave me a bit of a screen- so i cut in from the right side- stopped hard for the spinorama and slid a backhander five hole.

slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 03:27 PM
VanNistelrooy

passing through a whole team is pretty awesome. It happened to me 2-3 tiems in my ten years of minor leaguer.

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
LordHelmet

I'm a sucky beer leaguer with only a few years of experience in a mixed-skill-league with some pretty good players. It's rare for me to score, but I've put in a few decent ones..

Prettiest:
I was LW. My center & I were skating across the blueline 2 on 2 about 8 feet apart. The LD (covering him) pokes at the puck, and it bounces between some skates. I keep my feet moving and hack at it a little and it somehow finds its way between the other D's skates. My momentum never slowed so I'm in 1 on 1 against the goalie between the dot and top of the circle. I have time, the goalie is deep, and I can't deke anyway, so I take a quick shot high glove. It went over left elbow, just under the crossbar with a little 'tink' to make sure everyone knew...

Biggest: (Two of them.)

1) Beer league semi-final game. Our D skated the puck up and in. Center was heading into the middle. It looked like their LD was going to take possession up high, so the RD moves to the middle of the ice and covered the center. That left me skating in pretty much alone. Our D retained possession and dumped it to our center who missed the pass but deflected it right to me. It was a fluky deal, so the goalie (kind of a cocky guy) wasn't really ready. I shot hard and quick past his blocker. That was the first goal of our 2-0 win (i.e. the game winner)

2) Very next game - beer league championship.. I was in the slot near the hash marks when a pass across deflected to me. It was in my skates, so I had to dance around, but I ended up getting soft, slow, ugly, weak shot off at the left post as I was falling down. Somehow it got past the goalies skate and in. It was goal #3 in our 6-2 win (i.e. the 2nd consecutive game winner and championship winner)..

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I have two really memorable goals.

The first:

We're down by a goal with less than a minute left. I get the puck, pass it behind me to my center. He takes it to the boards and lets a shot go, it's going wide just as I go by at full speed and manage to tip it in top shelf. We went on to score right after that to win 3-2.

The second:

The game is tied late, the other team has basically been carrying the play for the last period. We finally manage to set something up, I chip it back to our dman on the point, he passes to the player on the right boards. The guys basically behind the goal line at this point. He takes a shot but it's going straight across the crease. I manage to tip it in between the legs (ala Lecavalier and Cheechoo). The crazy thing is that it happened in essentially a second, pass, pass, shot, tip, in.

As for most important. I scored a hattrick in our league's finals, and almost scored in the shootout to clinch it (freakin' deked out the goalie and everything but the puck just rolled off).

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:57 PM
spoon*

We're losing by 2 goals, my d-man passes it to me at my defensive end. I skate past 2 forwards, deke out another forward(under the legs) and the other d'man was far back after mistiming my speed for the last defenseman I flipped the puck over his stick and then I was about to shoot but I flipped it by mistake! So I hit it in mid-air and put it over the goalie's shoulder

By far my best goal. And we lost that game though

spoon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
sc37

vCash: 700
I was playing D...took rebound our goalie put out at about the left faceoff circle. I skated it up past everyone, the opposing dman made a move to stop me at their blueline, I made a little outside-inside drag on him and charged in on the goalie. I went and took a shot, no moves, rang the post on the lower blocker side and in.

I'd mention my dumbest/easiest goal I've scored too. It happened right after the one above. I skated the puck in and wound up staying in the zone and went and set up camp to screen the opposing goalie. Someone took a shot....the goalie thought he had it, I thought the whistle had blown. But I look down and the puck was sitting in the blue. I poked at it just in case and I actually didn't get enough on it and literally guided it in, and the refs then blows his whistle and frantically points at the goal.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Reckless Abandon*

I didn't score it, but I saved one and my team ended up scoring.

One of their players had a breakaway, and we were down by one late in the game. Our goalie (played wicked aggressive), skates out of the net and dives at the puck. They're probably about 10-15 away from the net at this point with me being 5-6 feet further behind the puck. The other team's kid just dekes around our goalie, so I dive over the goalie, extend my stick and body to full extent. My head was down facing the ice so I didn't see what happened, but my teammates told me that the puck was shot, hit my stick or glove, somewhere around that area, and went into the corner.

If I didn't dive in the way, it would've went in. So I get up, one of my teammates passes it to me, I shoot it up off the board to one of the wingers, he takes it up, and ends up scoring to tie up the game.

Reckless Abandon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

The best goal anybody I personally knew was my little brother his 8th grade year.

First I know I talk about my little brother alot... but I that's because he's amazing at hockey. I'm sure if we were some place better he'd be playing at a very high level. He's very passionate and very gifted.

Anyways it was our third game of the season. I was a senior and he was an 8th grader on a HS Varsity team. So the night before the game we realise his skates weren't fitting and I had an old pair of 12's in the basement that I had used before I became a 13. So he goes and uses that. Part way through the game the blade on his left skate snaps off (he has the puck by the way.. right by the crease) and he gets down on one knee. He slides to the right of the goalie and scores. That was when I realised he was a prodigy. He'll probaby play Div II or III collegic hockey.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Yann

Send a message via MSN to Yann
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon View Post
We're losing by 2 goals, my d-man passes it to me at my defensive end. I skate past 2 forwards, deke out another forward(under the legs) and the other d'man was far back after mistiming my speed for the last defenseman I flipped the puck over his stick and then I was about to shoot but I flipped it by mistake! So I hit it in mid-air and put it over the goalie's shoulder

By far my best goal. And we lost that game though
Thats a Bobby Orr'ish rush.

Yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 11:19 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

i remember i was in pee wees, couldn't have been more than 11 or 12, and the game went into a shootout. anyway, i was up first for our squad, skated down the center of the ice right to about the circles, no moves, and just rocketed a wrist shot top glove corner. i remember everyone telling me after the game what a ridiculous, awesome shot it was. that one definitely sticks out.

i also remember being about 14 and playing in some rinky dink inline league and totally owning everything. i was putting up like 7 - 8 goals a game on average, it was ridiculous. i ended up with 72 points in the 14 game season. i actually went to the rink not too long ago and they still have my plaque up. no one has yet to score that much in a season.

funny thing about that, though, is that my younger brother was also in the league and scored just as much, but ended up with 69 points. so even though we both owned that league, i still tease him about having three more points and holding the record.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
KBstyle

Midget time

I pick the puck in the central zone, every body was to the left so i was alone in the right against one defenders that a deke like i never did.

When i deke the goalie, he poke me in the skate and i fly in the air and i just push the puck in the empty net on my backhand. All this in the air.

It was the 11 goal from my team, the other team was really bad

I also love the one i did with a wristshot from the blueline. I had in mind to dump but i prefer a shot on the goal heheh. The goalie froze on the shot, it was priceless

Last edited by KBstyle: 08-10-2007 at 04:49 PM.
KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

every goal i score is the best.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
HABSMANIA21*

ive score really nice goals everygame. today and went from end to end through 4 players and did the sidney crosby lacrosse style almost topshelf not my best goal but its one of them. yesterday between legs marek malik off the crossbar and in. lots of thers too but i dont want to brag to much lol

HABSMANIA21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 05:10 PM
We'reGonnaWin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosby911 View Post
ive score really nice goals everygame. today and went from end to end through 4 players and did the sidney crosby lacrosse style almost topshelf not my best goal but its one of them. yesterday between legs marek malik off the crossbar and in. lots of thers too but i dont want to brag to much lol
Yea. Ooooooookay.

We'reGonnaWin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 05:19 PM
HABSMANIA21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by We'reGonnaWin View Post
Yea. Ooooooookay.
lol when ever i tell someone they wont believe me but when they see play and and i do it they'll believe. i cant always do lacrosse style only like 75% get a good shot off and 50% score with it. marek malik between legs probely score 75% and get a shot off 99.9% ive mastered it

Old
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
PensFanInCBus

Quote:
lol when ever i tell someone they wont believe me but when they see play and and i do it they'll believe. i cant always do lacrosse style only like 75% get a good shot off and 50% score with it. marek malik between legs probely score 75% and get a shot off 99.9% ive mastered it
If you do lacrosse in my league, 100% of the time you'll pick up 50% of your teeth.

PensFanInCBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Saad Panda

Quote:
the sidney crosby lacrosse style
i believe credit for that should be given to mike leg...i refuse to let sidney crosby monopolize hockey entirely

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 06:20 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanInCBus View Post
If you do lacrosse in my league, 100% of the time you'll pick up 50% of your teeth.
Same with my league. If I saw a guy attempt that in game (as in not in SO) he'd be on his butt sliding back to his side of the rink.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:13 PM
SSM12

Best goal:

Came of the right half wall in the offensive zone(im right handed) beat the defender through his legs, close in on the goalie, about to shoot, other defender steps up(im a few inches from the crease top) curl and drag(on the backhand) around the D's pokecheck and then just put it in. The goalie sucked and had commited way early so he was down and out. If it were a good goalie, i would have had no chance of scoring.....what........so.........ever.

most memerable. Actually I didnt score it but i assisted. I was skating down the right side(I like LW, but for some reason i was on the right... again) and i went behind there net, i know a D was gonna try and hit me so I turned backwards, put it by him as he lunged and sort of chocked up along the boards while gliding backwards, then with a quick stride circled out of the left corner and fed a pass to a buddy cutting to the net. Goal, OT win, last game in iron man tournament. Finished 1-3 lol.

SSM12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:23 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I've had a couple I'm proud of.

First one was of the first goals I ever scored. Going up against a bunch of former HS and college players, I'd been playing 3 months. Catch a puck on a breakaway, faked a shot, went forehand, toe drag around the goalie, backhand and in. I couldn't pull that move again if I wanted to now! Time just stopped and there it was.

Another was a few weeks ago. Took the puck off a pass, dangled outside to in on a defenseman and beat him, then screened the goalie with the other defenseman and shelfed it blocker side.

Lately it's all garbage goals and one timers so not much pretty anymore.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 12:19 AM
MonaHan Solo
I am your KING

vCash: 50
Best goal i've ever scored? Well, im still 14 and going to triple A next year..I might score a better one than my best one....which was probably when I was skating from the left side...in the neutral zone then in the o zone, 3 guys were on me and got past one guy and shot the puck between one of the palyers left covering me...beat the goaltender top left corner shelf...with the water bottle popping out.

MonaHan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 12:48 AM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Banner Game in bantam:

In a 5 minute overtime (banner game ties if the OT is not scored in ) about 2 minutes in to that OT, we had some pressure in the other teams zone and I was pinching in from the point a bit. I was on the top of the right circle (left out of the goalies eyes) and someone flipped a pass across the ice. I absolutely ripped a slapshot top right corner right beside the goalie's outstretched glove. Just threw my sticks and gloves straight up and was decked by my teammates before they hit the ice, dogpile right into the boards. Amazing!

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 01:42 PM
HABSMANIA21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
Same with my league. If I saw a guy attempt that in game (as in not in SO) he'd be on his butt sliding back to his side of the rink.
ya its hard to get a chance to do it but i still try and do it

Old
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Reckless Abandon*

I'm sure you'd get your ass kicked even if you had a breakaway with 20 feet of ice seperating you and the last defender.

Reckless Abandon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

I was play "AA" rep back in Bantam I was playing for the Kingston Icecats, and we had a tournament in Ottawa, and we were playing one of the Ottawa teams in my division Cumberland, and I deked out there Centre and Defencemen and made a nice deke on there goalie and put it topshelf.

Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote