HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How good can we be??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-09-2007, 06:34 PM
  #51
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRMan View Post
12 Armstrong
20 Brown
10 Calder
40 Cammalleri
40 Frolov
12 Handzus
5 Ivanans
25 Kopitar (probably closer to 30)
12 Nagy
10 Thornton
10 Willsie
-----
196
You've got only 11 forwards there. O'Sullivan should be the 12th, IMO.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 07:29 PM
  #52
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup View Post
and hopefully crawford sticks with the same lines and doesn't screw the team over like last year. i hate that guy.
I disagree with the notion that constantly changing the lines around screwed the team over last season; the goaltending mainly screwed the team over. Call me crazy, but didn't Scotty Bowman have a penchant for always tinkering with his lines? He was pretty damn successful, in my opinion. There is something to be said for chemistry, but these guys are professionals, and they didn't get where there are without the ability to adapt.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2007, 08:50 PM
  #53
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I just hope guys like Willsie, and Thornton don't get ice time just because of "who they are."

I like Zeiler, and O'Sullivan over them anyday.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 03:21 AM
  #54
ExplosionsintheGine
Registered User
 
ExplosionsintheGine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA View Post
Superb goaltending and the Kings in the same sentence? When was the last time that occurred?

Seriously, based upon the division LA is in, it will take more than good goaltending to make the post season.
Vachon, Potvin?

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 07:49 AM
  #55
aegwillnotwinthecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 4,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieJr.17 View Post
Vachon, Potvin?
that 2001 series against the ridiculously stacked bourque avalanche team showcased some of the most incredible goaltending i think i've ever seen. roy barely edged potvin in the end. i think both goalies had two shutouts each in the series.

man, if we would have won that series we would have went to the cup.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
  #56
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswillwinthecup View Post
that 2001 series against the ridiculously stacked bourque avalanche team showcased some of the most incredible goaltending i think i've ever seen. roy barely edged potvin in the end. i think both goalies had two shutouts each in the series.

man, if we would have won that series we would have went to the cup.

Oy vey.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
  #57
PRMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
You've got only 11 forwards there. O'Sullivan should be the 12th, IMO.
Wow, you're right. I shorted us. If he gets around 12 goals, that could take us up around 250-260, which is what Detroit and Anaheim scored last season.

This is going to be a fun year. Let's hope Labarbera can play at his NHL-league-leading form of a couple years ago.

Couple that with the fact that most teams in the West either stayed about the same

(Detroit, San Jose, Vancouver, Minnesota, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton)

or got worse

(Anaheim, Nashville, Dallas)

we should see a different playoff picture. The only teams that significantly improved are LA and St. Louis, IMO.

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2007, 11:55 PM
  #58
spudboy
Registered User
 
spudboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Idaho Falls
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Agree with what you said except for Dallas. Nagy had all of 14 points as a Star, and now Norstrom will be there for the whole year as opposed to to 14 games.
Another reason to drop them down.

spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 01:46 AM
  #59
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRMan View Post
Wow, you're right. I shorted us. If he gets around 12 goals, that could take us up around 250-260, which is what Detroit and Anaheim scored last season.

This is going to be a fun year. Let's hope Labarbera can play at his NHL-league-leading form of a couple years ago.

Couple that with the fact that most teams in the West either stayed about the same

(Detroit, San Jose, Vancouver, Minnesota, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton)

or got worse

(Anaheim, Nashville, Dallas)

we should see a different playoff picture. The only teams that significantly improved are LA and St. Louis, IMO.
Yeah, I can see us winning a lot of 5-4 games...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 01:51 AM
  #60
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,221
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Another reason to drop them down.
Matty isn't what he used to be, but he's getting a raw deal from some people. Is the guy a stud anymore? No. He looked a lot worse on last years blueline because he was trying to save a sinking ship. But put him with a better group of defensemen in a role he's much more suited to be playing nowadays (3rd-4th defenseman) and he's still very solid.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.