HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pack Left In A Good Place

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2004, 06:50 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Pack Left In A Good Place

http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey

Old
03-10-2004, 08:20 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Could someone please post the article? Thank You!

Old
03-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Could someone please post the article? Thank You!
You've been PM'ed

Quote:
And the Pack will have more players available for the postseason when the Rangers reassign defensemen Fedor Tyutin and Bryce Lampman and forwards Jed Ortmeyer, Garth Murray and Jozef Balej to make them eligible for the Pack's "clear day" roster, to be announced Thursday. Balej and Lampman, called up Monday, made their Rangers debut Tuesday night in Atlanta. Center Benoit Dusablon was returned to the Pack after going scoreless in three Rangers games.

The Rangers and Wolf Pack management have some difficult decisions to make to reach the 18-skater limit for the playoffs.
Can someone help me understand how AHL playoff eligiblility works? Last night, JD said that to be eligible, everyone had to be returned to Hartford by 3/11. Does that mean that they can't be called up again though? And if they've exceeed the roster limit on that date, will players who weren't on it be ineligible?

Old
03-10-2004, 08:44 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
You've been PM'ed

Can someone help me understand how AHL playoff eligiblility works? Last night, JD said that to be eligible, everyone had to be returned to Hartford by 3/11. Does that mean that they can't be called up again though? And if they've exceeed the roster limit on that date, will players who weren't on it be ineligible?
For players to be eligible for the playoffs they have to be on Hartfords roster on the 11th. Most of these moves will be paper moves. Assigned and then recalled after the list is submitted to the league. Last year I believe a few hartford eligible players were sent down and then brought back up.

Old
03-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
For players to be eligible for the playoffs they have to be on Hartfords roster on the 11th. Most of these moves will be paper moves. Assigned and then recalled after the list is submitted to the league.
Ok, so they can be recalled? That was part of my question.

Quote:
The Rangers and Wolf Pack management have some difficult decisions to make to reach the 18-skater limit for the playoffs.

Those not on the roster will be on an "in residence" list that can be used in case of injury.
These players "in residence" can ONLY be activated if there's an injury? Is that once they list is established or once the playoffs begin?

Old
03-10-2004, 09:58 AM
L.I.RangerFan

Speaking of Hartfords roster and questions concerning the playoff roster, I beleive that the Rangers will work hard to Umberger signed so he can be included on this list. Unless of course he can be on the list even is he isn't signed.

I don't know, this is confusing.

Closed Thread