HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sidney Crosby

Closed Thread

Old
08-11-2007, 04:11 AM
LUNDQVISTISAMAZING

vCash: 500
Sidney Crosby

for the draft lottery dont u think that the worst team in the nhl that year should get the number 1 overall pick in the draft?

i do, and considering this, the rangers had the worst record in the nhl the year of crosby's draft year so do u think that he should be wearing a ranger jersey?

because the penguins tanked on purpose and u can definitely tell that they did if u watch some of the games from that year. the caps also did the same thing as the pens so if they dont tank on purpose i believe that crosby would be a ranger.

Last edited by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING: 08-11-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Old
08-11-2007, 04:47 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

No, I don't think he should be a Ranger.

Last edited by klingsor: 08-11-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Of course I wish he was a Ranger.
Old
08-11-2007, 04:57 AM
supervillains10

The year that WAS and PIT tanked, they got Ovechkin and Malkin. PIT came in dead last but WAS (third last), won the lottery to pick Ovechkin first overall. Malkin was one hell of a consolation prize.

PHX, CBJ, and CHI all had worse records than NYR that year as well.

Crosby's draft year was the lock-out year. That's why they had the league wide lottery and anyone could have won Crosby (but all had diferent odds).
ANA and PIT were the last two envelopes left at the end of the Crosby lottery, so the defending cup champs were that close to winning Crosby. That would be scary.

I don't see how the Rangers were ever close to getting him.

Old
08-11-2007, 05:59 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

i dont want him, and i'm glad we didnt get him.

Old
08-11-2007, 08:50 AM
darrenturcotte#8

If Cindy were to become a Ranger, do you think they would sell skirts with Crosby on the back? Also, being that MSG is an older building, do you think they have room on the bench for all the tissues? I mean, the Garden ice is bad enough without all those tears.

Old
08-11-2007, 08:58 AM
toastman344*

whoever says they dont want crosby is stupid

Old
08-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastman344 View Post
+1

Old
08-11-2007, 09:04 AM
rodmunch

Quote:
+2

It obviously would have been nice to have him, but we didnt get him, whatever.

I was more pissed that Ottawa got to draft 9th and Florida had to settle for 20th despite having the third worst record the previous year

Old
08-11-2007, 09:33 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
That's being kind. VERY VERY kind.

Old
08-11-2007, 09:33 AM
ThirdEye

What happened already happened. Why bother going back and thinking about it now if you can't change it anyway.

Also, I'm not exactly sure how NY would take to him. I really don't think he's the type of player that could handle the pressure of New York and especially it's fans. We can be brutal sometimes and he's still really young and vulnerable

Old
08-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Alcoolique*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
Can I ask why , loll?

Old
08-11-2007, 09:39 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
he would be chewed up and spit out by the MSG fans

Old
08-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Odinsky*

Quote:

Yeeaahhh, who wants Crosby these days? I mean he just scored 120 pts last season and won every trophy he was eligible for.

We don't need forth liners!

Old
08-11-2007, 09:56 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
If Cindy were to become a Ranger, do you think they would sell skirts with Crosby on the back? Also, being that MSG is an older building, do you think they have room on the bench for all the tissues? I mean, the Garden ice is bad enough without all those tears.

Yeah becuase most girls display the ability to play through injuries like broken bones, especially during playoff time right?

The kid is the best in the game and still a very young man. Guy plays with his emotions on his sleeve, and IMO that's not a bad thing.

Old
08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Agreed, that kind of talent is rare.

With that being said, I'm totally convinced that Bettman and Mario were in on that job together.

How convenient is it that the team going bankrupt's owner is such good friends with the commish, and then after picking in the top 5 the previous 3 years in a row, they get the #1 overall pick for the 2nd time in 3 years.

The Rangers somehow got #16 overall. How coincidental, after Jeremy Roenick said that the Rangers should have the #1 pick handed to them that they get #16, right in the middle of the pack.

Florida got 20th overall...

Ottawa finished with 102 points, 5th in the east, and got the 9th overall pick.

Montreal got 5th overall? Washington got 14th? Phoenix at 17th?

I don't buy this draft being any bit clean at all.

The great part about is that we got a bluechip defensive prospect who has the potential to go up against guys like Crosby, and already proved that he can handle Malkin and Kessel as a 19 year old in junior competition.

Old
08-11-2007, 10:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUNDQVISTISAMAZING View Post
for the draft lottery dont u think that the worst team in the nhl that year should get the number 1 overall pick in the draft?

i do, and considering this, the rangers had the worst record in the nhl the year of crosby's draft year so do u think that he should be wearing a ranger jersey?

because the penguins tanked on purpose and u can definitely tell that they did if u watch some of the games from that year. the caps also did the same thing as the pens so if they dont tank on purpose i believe that crosby would be a ranger.
The Rangers did not have the worst record in the NHL that season.

08-11-2007, 10:21 AM
rodmunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Agreed, that kind of talent is rare.

With that being said, I'm totally convinced that Bettman and Mario were in on that job together.

How convenient is it that the team going bankrupt's owner is such good friends with the commish, and then after picking in the top 5 the previous 3 years in a row, they get the #1 overall pick for the 2nd time in 3 years.

The Rangers somehow got #16 overall. How coincidental, after Jeremy Roenick said that the Rangers should have the #1 pick handed to them that they get #16, right in the middle of the pack.

Florida got 20th overall...

Ottawa finished with 102 points, 5th in the east, and got the 9th overall pick.

Montreal got 5th overall? Washington got 14th? Phoenix at 17th?

I don't buy this draft being any bit clean at all.

The great part about is that we got a bluechip defensive prospect who has the potential to go up against guys like Crosby, and already proved that he can handle Malkin and Kessel as a 19 year old in junior competition.
Im in complete agreement with you, I have a feeling that the draft lottery was rigged for Mario.

They should have weighted the lottery based on performence from the pre-lockout year.

But whatever, the draft happened two years ago.

Old
08-11-2007, 10:36 AM
gers*

Quote:
youre kidding right? .... right?

Old
08-11-2007, 10:39 AM
blue2noise

Quote:

Old
08-11-2007, 11:29 AM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
he would be chewed up and spit out by the MSG fans
He actually seems to be very good with the media and seems to be handling the pressure fine. He's under a ton of pressure by the Canadian media and actually all of Canada for that matter. Playing for the Rangers is tough but its nothing like playing for the Yankees. New York is the hardest place to play in baseball and basketball, but not hockey. Thats gotta be Toronto.

Old
08-11-2007, 11:32 AM
broadwayblue

There's way to much inaccurate information and stupidity in this thread. That's what happens when you don't have any age restrictions in public forums. As others pointed out, we did not finish last that season. The reality is nobody finished last that season as there was no season. And is it really fair to other teams to just give the worst team in the league the previous season the #1 pick (or a 1/3rd chance at him) for a second year in a row?

I do feel that the weighting system they employed was bogus, as it did not distribute the picks fairly. But in the end we did ok landing a potential stud in the middle of the round.

And for those of you who don't or wouldn't want Crosby...maybe it's you who needs to grow up and quit your whining. This guy is a generational talent and he's still a kid. If the league were to start over tomorrow there's no doubt that 29 of the 30 teams would use their #1 overall pick on him to build their franchise around. End of story.

Old
08-11-2007, 11:48 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
It's done and over.

Who gives a ****?

Old
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
If the league were to start over tomorrow there's no doubt that 29 of the 30 teams would use their #1 overall pick on him to build their franchise around. End of story.
30 out of 30 teams would donate the right nuts of each and every one of their male employees for the chance to build their franchise around him.

Old
08-11-2007, 12:42 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:

Are you kidding me?

You don't want Sydney Crosby?

You're out of your mind.

Old
08-11-2007, 01:28 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
I would absolutely love Crosby on this team, buuuut... I think it's the Avery-effect. Let's be honest, he came into the league as a bit of a crybaby and a spoiled brat. The hype went to his head and he doesn't have the humility of Gretzky or Lemieux.

He's a player that can turn the worst team in the league into a playoff team. You love to hate him, but you'd love to have him.

I think that's why some people say they wouldn't want him. He's got a lot to learn as far as character goes, and I could see him becoming the next JR.

Closed Thread