Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

my favorite logo

Old
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
avsfan6*

vCash: 500
my favorite logo

i can safley say the wild have the best logo in the league....i love the nature part of it...i love how they incoperate the trees and the river as the mouth and the star as the eye and the sun as the ear....its such a great logo and i really hope that they do not fall into this logo changing fad......on a side note what exactally is t creature supposed to be

i also love the colors of their jersey i mean its such a nice jersey when you put it all together if money were not an issue i would have one

avsfan6* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
evilgenius

Send a message via AIM to evilgenius
Thanks!
I really like the logo too. I think they did a really nice job with them and representation of Minnesota with the logo (the river, star of the north, the forest, and the colors), but I'm also not sure what it's supposed to be. Looks like some kind of a cat, so I'll roll with that. I'm pretty unhappy that they are getting rid of the green sweaters and going with the red "3rd" sweaters. Poor choice in my opinion.
I'm not fond of the logo changing thing either. I really hope that teams like the Canadiens have the good sense to keep what they have. Man are those red Habs sweaters sharp. I'd totally have one of those if I could afford to.

evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2007, 11:10 PM
sushinsky4tsar

You know it's funny, I always thought the Avalanche had the best non-original six logo/jersey/color scheme in the league. If they would just keep to the two traditional unis they came into the league with, their image will have every bit the historical identity of the original 6s in 15-20 years.

As for the Wild, I do love the logo. Such a relief after the original "logo" unveiling when it was just the shoulder patch emblem. I also love all the symbolism that goes unnoticed by many. This includes the salute to the North Stars, the Mississippi River, and the general shape of Lake Superior. Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes the moon looks yellow (especially on tv). While on the jersey, it's more of a silver. I like the silver a lot better. Is this maybe more sybolism? Night/Day -- Sun/moon? Or maybe my tv just sucks.

As for the jerseys, the only one that I thought they had perfected as far as the trim was the green one, and now they're ditching it. I liked that they came out with a red third jersey, but I hate the manufacted historical look. I think I would've liked an alternate logo better. Perhaps something a lot like what we have, but in the shape of a loon, just to continue the wild theme. The whites look okay from some angles, but the color scheme looks a little too busy, especially on tv. I've never been a big fan of the number style we use either. This is another area where I think the Avs take the cake. I love the way Sakic's '19' looks.

But let's hope the Wild don't do anything too crazy.

sushinsky4tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan6 View Post
on a side note what exactally is t creature supposed to be
Glen Sonmor with a hangover.

Seriously, it's not any specific animal. It's just a made-up animal, with elements of bearness, cougarness, wolfness, and wolverineness included.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 12:34 AM
topshelf20

I love the Wild's jersey logo.

I don't want the Habs to change.

Chicago Blackhawks have the best in my opinion...

topshelf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2007, 05:47 PM
PeArD

I like the Wild logo as well, but I'd say my top 3 are Oilers (Cause im a homer in all aspects of the game ) Habs and Blackhawks.

PeArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 05:26 AM
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Kings first of course.
Wild second.
Senators third.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2007, 11:45 AM
The Big E

I hate the Blackhawks, but their logo is still the baddest of the bad. In other words, I likes it. As for the Wild logo, I'm just really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really glad MN has NHL hockey again. They could have a ****ing duck on the front of our jersey and I'd still watch the team, buy the gear.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
wukwinn

Send a message via AIM to wukwinn Send a message via Yahoo to wukwinn
This is my favorite logo:

wukwinn is offline   Reply With Quote